Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Just got my winter hack back from the LBS after a service. Took it for a spin on Wednesday. Gearing was slightly out, but no major issue to sort out.

Geared up for a longer spin yesterday. 20 yards down the road I deployed 'the power awesome' and bang - the rear derailleur and the frame had gone their separate ways.

Anyhow, this is an anti-rant for the service from the LBS. Took the bike in at 5.30, it was ready at 6.30 - replaced for free and they checked the wheel was true at the same time. Very much appreciated.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My Hylex brakes coming from Taiwan have failed to arrive after twenty days of standard post. Boo!
    The Taiwan Post Office cannot track the parcel using the tracking number given. Boo!

There is a second set currently on a plane to me via Coventry. Hurrah!
    The Taiwan Post Office can track the parcel using the tracking number given. Hurrah!
    Excellent customer service from the vendor. Hurrah!

Three hurrahs and two boos put this in anti-rants.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Got a visit from the fairy on Wednesday night, and while I was just finishing off the repair under the Chelsea Bridge floodlights, I spotted a ladybird trundling around on the bridge parapet. Cheered me up, that did.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Very windy tonight but that was because of the Gaviscon tablets I had earlier :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Re-fitted my Crud MkIIs from last winter. Went on like a dream.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    MrSweary wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't a dream?!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • MrSweary
    Rolf F wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Nah - I'm one of the seemingly select band of people who watched the Crud fitting video and hence found them very easy to fit... :wink:
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • redvee
    Sprinkling talc powder on damp feet feels so good when you change from a wet ride.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I thought it was only old ladies who used talc?

First seven mile commute done without unclipping once. I love half term :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • MrSweary wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Nah - I'm one of the seemingly select band of people who watched the Crud fitting video and hence found them very easy to fit... :wink:

I never watched the video but didn't have a problem fitting them, on my last bike. I haven't bothered with new bike, thus far, been a while and don't miss them.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

I never watched the video but didn't have a problem fitting them, on my last bike. I haven't bothered with new bike, thus far, been a while and don't miss them.

I've been surprised how well they coped yesterday despite all the debris around. Once the leaf debris brushed out today they were silent and didn't rub at all. Nice to have a dry bum through last nights downpour too. Having got thoroughly soaked already a few times this autumn along with the subsequent state of the bike and my gear I'm glad to have them back on.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • redvee
    msmancunia wrote:
    I thought it was only old ladies who used talc?

Not just old ladies, the military use it too. Makes getting dry a lot easier when changing in work. I rub talc on my legs after a damp ride and then put my trousers on, don't bother with a towel.
    msmancunia wrote:
    First seven mile commute done without unclipping once. I love half term :D

It's called FUC (Foot Up Commute). Done a few myself with careful timing and approaches to traffic lights but with three sets of TLs in the last mile home it can be a challenge.
  • msmancunia
    redvee wrote:
    It's called FUC (Foot Up Commute). Done a few myself with careful timing and approaches to traffic lights but with three sets of TLs in the last mile home it can be a challenge.

Well I'm not broadcasting the fact that I had one of those in the office :oops: Quite proud of myself though.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Never going to foot up on my commute, London and CS7 will always make sure of that!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Having moved house this weekend, I had my first cycle in this morning and it was delightful - lovely weather and clear roads - 4mph quicker average than from my old place.

Have also just had my cyclescheme certificate come through so my new winter ride should be with me within a fortnight: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuj ... e-ec053263

:D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Well I'm not broadcasting the fact that I had one of those in the office :oops: Quite proud of myself though.

I invented the name FUC when I became proficient at trackstanding on my fixie. Good to see that someone remembers it.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    I have a loyalty discount on my VM account that is due to finish in a months time so I called them up to see what deal I could haggle out of them. Was given the choice of same services 60BB, 60TV and phoneline for £39 or 120BB for £47 which is £2.50 more than I'm paying now.
  • msmancunia
    Track World Cup here this weekend so lots going on at work :)

(downside is the German track team are monopolising the laundry and drying room...)
  • Catching wind behind a central london bus in rush hour and not being able to see what the traffic is like in front of the bus = WHATLESS!

I had some gas in my tank so I safely used the cycle lane to cycle past the bus and the cyclist who committed this unsafe wind stunt.
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    msmancunia wrote:

(downside is the German track team are monopolising the laundry and drying room...)

That is just Robert Forsterman....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • MrSweary wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

I'm the same, don't miss them at all....

I don't mind the extra cleaning of my bike....
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • msmancunia
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

That is just Robert Forsterman....

Quite possibly! There are some freakisly large thighs here at the moment - you can tell who the riders are (some don't come in team kit in the mornings) just because of the way they walk :shock:
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    msmancunia wrote:

As expected? They'll need their towels ready for morning so they can reserve their seats? :P
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    edited October 2013
    Congratulations. Nothing will bring you more pleasure

or sadness

or poverty.

FTFY

Welcome aboard the parental rollercoaster Jonny Trousers... :D
  • @P B Errrrrm wrong thread?

Just asking like.
    'fool'
  • TimothyW wrote:
    Have also just had my cyclescheme certificate come through so my new winter ride should be with me within a fortnight: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuj ... e-ec053263

Will be interested to see how you find it... since that's what I've got my cyclescheme eyes on too! I'm a little worried on the standover so would be interested in where it actually measures to.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    @P B Errrrrm wrong thread?

Just asking like.

Er, don't think so - quoting you from a few pages back re congrats to the Trouser family and adding to your very apt observation about the effect children have on one's life.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    TimothyW wrote:

Will be interested to see how you find it... since that's what I've got my cyclescheme eyes on too! I'm a little worried on the standover so would be interested in where it actually measures to.

Will report in once I've got it! I'm waiting for the 61cm.
  • Fine.

Seems that you are right twice. It is nice to stick to my motto :)
    'fool'
  • Enjoyable ride home tonight on CS8 with one event that made me smile. Waiting at a red light just after Vauxhall Bridge with roughly 10 other cyclists when your typical stealth cyclist (slow, half broken bike, no lights) sneaks up from behind, passes everyone then jump the lights.

Further up, just past the Shell garage, he did exactly the same but this time into the path of a policeman who promptly pulled him over and booked him. Ha.