Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I cant quite decide if I like the Condor Accacio or the Genesis Volare more. But i think if i had the choice it would be the Volare.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    rubertoe wrote:
    I cant quite decide if I like the Condor Accacio or the Genesis Volare more. But i think if i had the choice it would be the Volare.

Accacio for me, super record equipped! Even better if it was the Stainless version. Oh my goodness, I just had another accident thinking about them! ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I cycled in today. It was brilliant, as evidenced by a column of PBs & medals in Strava.

What fun. It should be illegal not cycle to work occasionally.
  • rubertoe
    msmancunia wrote:
    davis wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Just want to wish msmancunia's boss good luck today.

Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much :) We're all nervous wrecks in the office today. Dinner tonight with the team here - either celebrating a win or grateful that we gave a horrid poisonous Irishman the fright of his life.

Errrrm what do you do / whom do you work for?

Ok. I'm not exactly going to out myself here, but...

I'm a PA working for the president of a large governing body. There is a very important meeting and election in Florence today. I think you can probably work out the rest.

So think hard on that the next time you come out with booby comments... :evil:

Ohhhhh....... :shock: :oops:

Well Done Mr C.

I expect MsM to be suitably red wine addled by 5pm to post a picture of some boobies.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Result for Mr C, MsM and all connected to British Cycling. Excellent stuff.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It won't be red, it'll be white, fizzy and expensive because it was payday this week.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I won't be getting them out. Because then people will think I'm a bloke....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Hooray!!! Will it change things for you, surely you must get a promotion too? Enjoy the celebrations.
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hooray!!! Will it change things for you, surely you must get a promotion too? Enjoy the celebrations.

I'd imagine that it will change things. Mr President has resigned from his role at BC.

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    The boss will change, but the role - not significantly, and the salary - not at all!

But it's been fun to work on (if jaw-droppingly eye-opening at times), and I'm really glad he got it. He's a calm, decent, honest, very methodical man, and I think he'll do a great job.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    The boss will change, but the role - not significantly, and the salary - not at all!

But it's been fun to work on (if jaw-droppingly eye-opening at times), and I'm really glad he got it. He's a calm, decent, honest, very methodical man, and I think he'll do a great job.

but wouldn't it be interesting if he decided to keep his 'team' with him?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:

but wouldn't it be interesting if he decided to keep his 'team' with him?
    Exactly, surely his PA is his right hand man. I mean woman.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    menthel wrote:
    Just been looking at road.cc and they have piccies of the new Condor bikes. I had a small genleman accident just looking at them. Beautiful!

Saw them in the flesh today.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Damn speed reading. My imagination formed this...
    redvee wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Just been looking at road.cc and they have piccies of the new UCI's president's PA's boobies. I had a small genleman accident just looking at them. Beautiful!

Nobody told me we had a communication problem
    redvee wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Just been looking at road.cc and they have piccies of the new UCI's president's PA's boobies. I had a small genleman accident just looking at them. Beautiful!

redvee wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Was your hand shaking when you clicked submit?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I feel guilty posting this here rather than in rants but I'm not ranty about it.

There was I, cycling to work, in the road side cycle track (fairly narrow one fwiw) when WOOOOSHHH, a huge unloaded car transporter blasts past me less than a bicycle width away from me. Half a mile further on, he is stuck at the lights waiting to join a gyratory roundabout. I'm heading to the right of him where a one way lane cuts across the middle of the gyratory. So I give his manly truck a friendly tap on the door as I pass and pull up at the lights, 10 yards ahead of him.

So then I hear this loud, manly hooty horn coming from behind me so I look back and give a dismissive gesture. Next thing I know, a short bloke is getting out of the truck (which is still parked in the right lane of two lanes of traffic) and coming towards me. Maximum comedy value would have applied had the lights changed to green about 2 seconds earlier but, alas, it was not to be and he reaches me and starts going off on one because I have invaded the personal space of his big, manly truck. Helpfully, and unusually, I have a friendly fellow cyclist in support so I don't need to worry too much about the little truck driver trying to slap me.

Anyway, I politely point out to him that it wasn't really nice to cut so close to me and, bless, rather than deny it, he admits it and blames me for riding too near to the edge of the cycle lane!

Eventually, after going a bit more purple he finally goes to retrieve his truck and pulls up to our left as we wait for the green. I suggest to him that really he ought to read the Highway Code as he might learn something. His final words, a wonderful come back "No, you should read the Highway Code". Oscar Wilde would have been proud.

Somehow, all this cheered me up and I feel guilty for it. I know I have helped a short man who clearly still feels inadequate, despite having a big truck, hate cyclists more than he clearly already did. I also regret not having reminded him that, irrespective of whether or not my cycle craft was deficient, passing me with less than 2 feet to spare wasn't good driving and nor should a professional driver abandon his truck in the middle of the rush hour traffic to have a childish row with another road user. And I should also have pointed out that, for all his hurrying past me dangerously, he made no gain on me over a good half mile so what was the point? But you can't remember everything at the time.

However, I have ensured that an unpleasant little man with a bad attitude to his fellow human beings has lost his temper and pushed his no doubt unhealthy blood pressure upwards and that makes me feel good about the world. There's nothing clever about giving friendly taps on other vehicles but, sometimes, the result is warmly satisfying.
    Faster than a tent.......
    redvee wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Was your hand shaking when you clicked submit?

I wouldn't have though so, they were full at the time..... :oops:
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Message from TNT Post that parcel (PX SL Carbon) was delivered to country

Hopefully get my hands and feet on it early next week
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    Kudos to Ribble Cycles. Ordered some new tyres, brake cables and inners yesterday. Received today. On the other hand, probikekit have still not delivered on items ordered on Tuesday.
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Belt has gone in another notch.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    Belt has gone in another notch.
    Well done,

assuming you can still function with it like that.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Bit of a major worry over with... Mum had to go to see a consultant neurosurgeon to whom she had been referred after a MRI scan had shown some cause for concern on her brain. :shock:

Turned out to be a small 'scar' on the meninges (the membrane that covers the brain) which the Doctor said 99% of the time is nothing at all to be concerned about and to not worry.

My Mum was understandably a bit confused by what he saying (he was talking rather quickly and dropping medical terms in left and right) so I interrupted and explained "Mum, you've got a zit. On the brain. We ain't picking it cos it means drilling a hole in your head, so leave it alone."

Even the Doctor laughed at this one.

So we're now calling my Mum 'Zit on Brain'or ZOB for short :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    A couple of things.

This is now day 71 without smoking.
    I'm loving the fresh mornings (I run hot, I like it cooler).
    "Little Toe" is cooking up nicely (although Mrs Toe is having a hard time).
    The K2 after a few teething issues is now a joy.
    Breaking Bad is awesome (season 3 half way complete).

Errr that is it for now.

• Gave a guy one of my spare tubes on the commute yesterday morning as his valve had gone.
    (he was a good 10k from desination and pushing), met as arranged on todays ride to gave me a new one back.

Bit of good karma to us both....
  • stu-bim
    edited October 2013
    stu-bim wrote:

Went to GPO yesterday to collect bike. Told bring passport and all will be good. When I get there, box put on counter but then told I need to get a customs broker and to clear it. Should be in rants now but that close to getting bike still can't get too pissed off. Mind u did explain to lady that this is a stone age system. She didn't really see why I should have a problem driving for an hour and told come back tomorrow with a broker to start again.

But since it's anti-rants delighted that I'll get it before the weekend. Off to LBS for a set of pedals
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Kieran_Burns
    stu-bim wrote:
    stu-bim wrote:

Went to GPO yesterday to collect bike. Told bring passport and all will be good. Whe I get there, box put on counter but thrn told o need to get a customs broker and to clear it. Should be in rants now but that close still cant get too pissed off. Mind u did explai to ladthat this is a stone age system. She didn't really see why I spuld havr a problem drivi y for an hour and told come back tomorrow with a broker to start again.
    But since it's anti rants delighted thst I'll get it befote weekend. Off to lbs for a srt of pedals

<typed on my iPhone>

:wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • stu-bim
    <typed on my iPhone>

Samsung S2, corrected now, thanks
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Kieran_Burns
    stu-bim wrote:
    <typed on my iPhone>

Samsung S2, corrected now, thanks

It was a dig at the iPhone not you :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • stu-bim
    Pedals sorted
    shimano%20m540%20pedals.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
    Same as on RX so I shouldn't fall off

Broker checking to get bike through customs with duties of $1 :wink: and might have it today :shock:
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Wiggle have just delivered a single speed tool I ordered.

I ordered it in July but this is in anti rants because I'd forgotten about it and it came as a lovely surprise.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX