Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Forced Strava to send the Uh oh email, not sure how long he held the KoM as he gained it today too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • A big thanks to Evans Gateshead for making sure my rear wheel was ready for tonight's race http://velocitystreetracing.com/ and naturally a big thanks to the events organisers and all the other riders I chatted with for making me feel part of it and awesome. Thanks also to Steve for lending me a wheel in case Evans didn't sort it in time!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • redvee
    Managed to avoid the heavy rain that was forecast today, well not quite. I got rained on in the last 1/4 mile as I approached work dinner time. Rode in and it hammered down several times during the 8 hours I was in work but cleared up specially for my ride home :)
  • redvee
    Two letters from HMRC this morning :( Opened one which had a load of figures on it, looked at it briefly and put it aside for a proper read and understand later, opened the second letter and there was what looked like a bank paying in slip at the bottom. Looked closely at the letter again and it was tax refund for £600 :D Tore the cheque off and started browsing at bike etailers to spend it :shock:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Kerching for redvee.

I just passed theory test, I did 0 revision as well. Very happy after a bit of s crappy weekend
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Got Grand Theft Auto the other day and they have bicycles in it. Different kinds as well not just one generic bicycle.

And when you see someone stealing a bike, you can just run them over, shoot them, beat them up :D

If only there were D-locks in the game.
  • redvee
    A workmate got GTA5 and started to play then his GF asked for a go. She drove the car then stopped at a red light.
  • rubertoe
    "Status: At the front of the bike build queue - Your order is in the bike build queue"

:lol::lol:

yay. new bike.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    redvee wrote:
    A workmate got GTA5 and started to play then his GF asked for a go. She drove the car then stopped at a red light.

Well, we have reached number 5 and this was bound to happen sometime :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe wrote:
    "Status: At the front of the bike build queue - Your order is in the bike build queue"

:lol::lol:

yay. new bike.

Just sitting at home now waiting for the new bike fairy to turn up,

Cup of coffee and Breaking Bad before the Time trials starts me thinks.

enjoy your afternoons at work.

Suckers. :wink:

• First ride in after over 3 weeks off - finally given the all clear by the Doctor (yup that bad) and did the extended 18 mile run in along the riverside path.

Really relaxing ride in (albeit slow... which was also relaxing!) and felt sooooo good to be back out on a bike.

Had to use the Tricross as the Felt has another broken spoke, but it's great having a spare bike that just needed its tyres pumping up and the chain cleaning to use.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the road route as the traffic is stacking for almost 3 miles on the A60. I'm really looking forward to overtaking everyone :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • First ride in after over 3 weeks off - finally given the all clear by the Doctor (yup that bad)

If only you'd gone to the clinic earlier.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    Just a small one, but a quick thanks to the friendly security guard at the little Sainsbury's on Old York Road, who offered to keep an eye on my bike (don't carry a lock) while I dashed in for some emergency batteries.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Fig and blueberry clafoutis. At work. Oops.
  • p.s. - Malt Loaf with choc chips for breakfast.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rjsterry
    Fig and blueberry clafoutis. At work. Oops.

<gurgle>
    malt loaf with choc chips

<rumble>

Is 12.10 too early for lunch?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rubertoe
    rjsterry wrote:

<gurgle>

<rumble>

Think of it as a late breakfast, rather than an early lunch.

• rubertoe wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

<gurgle>

<rumble>

Half of this thing left here... may be slice 3 later...!
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    rubertoe wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

<gurgle>

<rumble>

Sometimes my lunch makes it to 10am. On a bad day I have been known to finish it before 8, which is a bit early.
  • rubertoe
    I'm slowly ploughing through my "lunch" and then I realised I put four babybels in the bag insted of one!

Also feels so good to be back on gatorskins after a year of commuting on marathon+

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I forced myself into the sandwich place to get something for lunch even though I didn't really want anything. But I really enjoyed the spicy tuna panini I got. And I'm now tucking into the packet of Quavers that seeing a couple of kids getting made me want.

nom nom nom
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Not sure if this should be in rants or anit rants. Instruction on Speedplays say don't over tighten or they may creak. If been getting creaks so I took them apart. I've also been getting knee pain. This morning on way in two things happened it was my first run using podiatrist insole rather than the stock ones that came with the northwave evo shoes, guess what no creaking! Who'd a thought it was insoles causing the creaking.... Then around 7 miles in I noticed the left foot (the leg I've been getting knee pain in) can under load be slid forwards and backwards in the cleat. Stopped stripped down cleat tightened everything back up, no knee pain for rest of ride. Hopefully thats that sorted now. However, watch out for rant post later if I get knee pain on way home.......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Great ride in. Stopped to watch a fox in a field, sun was shining and the air was crisp. All was well with the world.

And the bloke I saw shaving while driving looked really grumpy with his life.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rjsterry
    Sketchley wrote:
    Not sure if this should be in rants or anit rants. Instruction on Speedplays say don't over tighten or they may creak. If been getting creaks so I took them apart. I've also been getting knee pain. This morning on way in two things happened it was my first run using podiatrist insole rather than the stock ones that came with the northwave evo shoes, guess what no creaking! Who'd a thought it was insoles causing the creaking.... Then around 7 miles in I noticed the left foot (the leg I've been getting knee pain in) can under load be slid forwards and backwards in the cleat. Stopped stripped down cleat tightened everything back up, no knee pain for rest of ride. Hopefully thats that sorted now. However, watch out for rant post later if I get knee pain on way home.......

Probably the actual sole rather than the insole creaking, but because your foot wasn't at the 'right' angle, you wouldn't have been applying pressure to the sole in an even way. I've noticed that when I get tired and my oedalling technique gets really sloppy, then my shoes start creaking, but if I concentrate on keeping everything nice and straight and smooth <snigger> then the creaking stops.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Just want to wish msmancunia's boss good luck today.

Fingers crossed.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Asprilla wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much :) We're all nervous wrecks in the office today. Dinner tonight with the team here - either celebrating a win or grateful that we gave a horrid poisonous Irishman the fright of his life.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much :) We're all nervous wrecks in the office today. Dinner tonight with the team here - either celebrating a win or grateful that we gave a horrid poisonous Irishman the fright of his life.

Errrrm what do you do / whom do you work for?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    davis wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Ok. I'm not exactly going to out myself here, but...

I'm a PA working for the president of a large governing body. There is a very important meeting and election in Florence today. I think you can probably work out the rest.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    davis wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Ok. I'm not exactly going to out myself here, but...

I'm a PA working for the president of a large governing body. There is a very important meeting and election in Florence today. I think you can probably work out the rest.

So think hard on that the next time you come out with booby comments... :evil:

Ohhhhh....... :shock: :oops:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Just been looking at road.cc and they have piccies of the new Condor bikes. I had a small genleman accident just looking at them. Beautiful!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.