Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Seeing "the bean"* is what made me stop, one look at the little picture was all I need, I am already feeling better than I have for the last 15 years and its only been two weeks! and the Bank is looking better already.

I went for an antenatal appointment with Mrs Toe this morning, we had an unexpected scan which is always good, Just waiting for the Toulouse sausages to finish cooking and I'll eat them before heading out on the bike for a couple of hours later this afternoon.

* "the bean" is the nickname for the yet to be born little - toe

Lovely day.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    rubertoe wrote:
    Seeing "the bean"* is what made me stop, one look at the little picture was all I need, I am already feeling better than I have for the last 15 years and its only been two weeks! and the Bank is looking better already.

I went for an antenatal appointment with Mrs Toe this morning, we had an unexpected scan which is always good, Just waiting for the Toulouse sausages to finish cooking and I'll eat them before heading out on the bike for a couple of hours later this afternoon.

Lovely day.

Ok - I like "little bean".

But I love, "little toe". That's a great bump name :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Lovely day.

Ok - I like "little bean".

But I love, "little toe". That's a great bump name :)

My wife used to punch me when I called her bump 'Cleatus the foetus'. Great news, RT.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    fnq59 wrote:
    My wife has a friend at work who's 22 year old daughter has cerebal palsy and while she is quite able, works in childcare and is studying she has never been able to ride a bike, something we all take for granted. When mum found out we owned a tandem she asked whether Kate could go for a ride, so on Sunday off we went for a little pootle down to the beach to get an icecream and then return home. Now most of us have probably done this since we were nippers but for Kate this was the first time she had experienced the wind in the hair and the sense of freedom we take for granted. Her foot slipped off the pedal occasionally but we ended up doing about 15km and she loved every minute. Her mum just called to say that she hasn't stopped smiling and she is still talking about it.
    Now I have been riding a bike for over 40 years now, I have raced at a high level, ridden in some great locations around the world off and on the road but those 15 kms on Sunday were probably the best time I have had on a bike. :D
    Just wanted to share that with some one that would understand.

That is awsome
  • msmancunia
    So a bottle of Pinot G plus three "proper" fags = four QOMs on the ride home from Manchester to Oldham. Need to change what I put in my bidon I think...
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    A neighbour of mine's house got broken into on Saturday, the scally wags searched through the house taking all of car keys (he has about 5 cars) they take one car out of his garage, rolled it down the road an scarper when another neighbours dogs all start kicking off

because the toe-rags had taken all the keys, Mr Neighbour had no way of putting the car back in the garage, so he left it where it was, but removed all the wheels.

Last night the swines returned to take the car, the first we hear of it is smashing glass as the coppers are smashing the windows of the car the naughty boys are in, 2 mins later 5 timid looks cretins are cuffed an moaning that the cuffs are too tight, face down on the floor woohoo!!!

i hate tea leaves

carry on
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Yesterday the Disco Chicken:

1) Sat in a Bumbo
    2) Rolled over
    3) Tried to sit up
    4) Slept from 23.30 to 06.45

Win.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Free GCS10 with a 48 minute phone call.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • msmancunia
    Asprilla wrote:
    Yesterday the Disco Chicken:

1) Sat in a Bumbo
    2) Rolled over
    3) Tried to sit up
    4) Slept from 23.30 to 06.45

Win.

All that physical exercise must have tired her out! :D Hope you got a decent night's sleep.
  • mudcow007
    redvee wrote:
    Free GCS10 with a 48 minute phone call.

did said phone call start with

"if you want to see your wife an children again i want a new computer..."

?
  • redvee
    Lived dangerously today and left the waterproof jacket at home, luckily the gamble paid off as the rain fell whilst I was at work and not on the ride home.
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    rubertoe wrote:

Lovely day.

Got the 20 week scan today!! :D
  • rubertoe
    Good Luck CB.

Hopefully, you are doing what I am doing and getting in all the bike related purchase prior to the Birth....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• msmancunia
    Sat watching the BC National Youth & Junior Track Championships on my lunch. All those kids on bikes belting around the track makes me realise that British Cycling's in a pretty good place at the moment.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Sick of waiting for Samsung to release Android 4.3 for my S3, I took the plunge and manually updated to CM10.2 and found that USB-OTG now works correctly so I can plug my Garmin 800 into my phone and upload to Strava without having to faff around with taking case off and swapping SD cards in/out. Sadly this didn't bring me any KoMs, nor has it fixed Strava stealing 0.3-0.5mph a ride vs Garmin/Garmin Connect.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • asprilla
    edited August 2013
    This may turn into a rant later but:

I ordered a fork from Wiggle and they sent the wrong one. I returned the fork to be replaced with the right one and in the mean time Wiggle have knocked another £28 off the price.

I've asked them to amend the price or I'll just cancel and re-order so lets see what happens.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I ordered a fork from Wiggle and they sent the wrong one. I returned the fork to be replaced with the right one and in the mean time Wiggle have knocked another £28 off the price.

I've asked them to amend the price or I'll just cancel and re-order so lets wee what happens.....

Are you taking the p!ss? To be fair I'd expect them to do the right thing, after all it's the fork that counts :roll:

IGMC
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • asprilla
    Dunno what you are talking about guv...
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    When I get home tonight I will have completed my first full week of commuting by bike since 16th November.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • rubertoe
    Asprilla wrote:
    When I get home tonight I will have completed my first full week of commuting by bike since 16th November.

Hat.

• redvee
    The rain forecast for noon arrived at 12:50 as I locked my bike up in work and only fell when I was in work, the only moisture on my body was from the inside coming out.
  • rubertoe
    1. Fixed a micro drive rear. Saved £40
    2. Went out for lunch yesterday with Mrs Toe and Little Toe. Lovely day.
    3. Managed to locate a Kinesis Racelight in blue in my size. Will go and look at that later today.
    4. Convinced Mrs Toe that I need a new bike before the baby comes. She agrees.

• redvee
    rubertoe wrote:

Did you get a verbal or written agreement on this? :lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Galtres festival this weekend and the weather is going to be scorching
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    redvee wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Did you get a verbal or written agreement on this? :lol:

Damn, I knew i should of got it in writting. Sneaky bloody women... :wink:

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Milltag tops- great quality! Have been wearing in my Dunwich Dynamo top this week and it is so comfortable! Much better than my other non Rapha ones. ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Double glazing order confirmed. Warm, non-drafty house for me this winter. YAY.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • mudcow007
    Galtres festival this weekend and the weather is going to be scorching

nice, we did "Kendall Calling" a few weeks back

Basement Jaxx's were awesome, its all a drunken blur if im honest, i blame jagermeister an sailor jerries
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    20 weeks.

2 arms. 2 legs. Everything appears to be in the right place! (and it's blowing smoke rings!)

565846_539554698123_525149361_n.jpg?oh=7493372d1bb7dcb8a524699bd350394f&oe=5215F8C5&__gda__=1377169608_b605057c9acf142d1428ccc8bf125dab
  • mudcow007
    corriebee1 wrote:
    20 weeks.

2 arms. 2 legs. Everything appears to be in the right place! (and it's blowing smoke rings!)

565846_539554698123_525149361_n.jpg?oh=7493372d1bb7dcb8a524699bd350394f&oe=5215F8C5&__gda__=1377169608_b605057c9acf142d1428ccc8bf125dab

congrats!!