Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Never thought of that! School holidays helped too, I think :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    msmancunia wrote:
    17mph ave speed on my commute this morning. Not bad for a girl the wrong side of thirty who is addicted to chocolate and has started smoking again...

MsM,

I am disapointed....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • msmancunia
    With what? Speed/age/chocolate/or fags?
  • rubertoe
    msmancunia wrote:

I think you know...

as someone who is now on day 9 without smoking, I could quite easily spark up a fag
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,693
    Bad MSM.
    My anti-rant is that my son spent 20 minutes messing about in the swimming pool and only noticed his iPod in his back pocket after he got out. After 3 days in a bag of rice in a hot car it seems to be working again. Phew.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Had a couple of weeks off the bike due to starting a new job last Monday and a week off before that. Had a tour of the cycle facilities at my new office yesterday. Monsoon showers, soap and shampoo, towels provided, lockers aplenty and even a drying room plus loads of space in the bike racks.

I'm in heaven!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • rubertoe
    MrSweary wrote:
    Had a couple of weeks off the bike due to starting a new job last Monday and a week off before that. Had a tour of the cycle facilities at my new office yesterday. Monsoon showers, soap and shampoo, towels provided, lockers aplenty and even a drying room plus loads of space in the bike racks.

I'm in heaven!

I hate you. :lol:

• Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    rubertoe wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

I'm in heaven!

I hate you. :lol:

We all hate him. :x

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • msmancunia
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I think you know...

as someone who is now on day 9 without smoking, I could quite easily spark up a fag

Yeah, you got me, I knew. Well done by the way, and keep going.

I ordered one of those electronic things yesterday morning - going to give that a go. Cutting out alcohol for a couple of months will help too, so it doesn't trigger things off.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    My anti-rant is that my son spent 20 minutes messing about in the swimming pool and only noticed his iPod in his back pocket after he got out. After 3 days in a bag of rice in a hot car it seems to be working again. Phew.

I've never managed to get any work out of my son. Will have to try leaving him in a bag of rice in a hot car for a few days to see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the tip. :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    msmancunia wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I think you know...

Yeah, you got me, I knew. Well done by the way, and keep going.

I ordered one of those electronic things yesterday morning - going to give that a go. Cutting out alcohol for a couple of months will help too, so it doesn't trigger things off.

Day 10 now!

I had a double puncture yesterday and Mrs Toe expected me to come in and tell her I cracked.... I showed her. :lol:

I used one of those e-cigs. they are pretty good, but i have stopped useing it now as its just replaceing one habbit for another. Now weening myself of the niquitin mini's

You can do it, keep the faith.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,693
    Veronese in Verona. Just been for an ice cream with my cousin, about to go for some food and a walk through town. Unfortunately it means our holiday is nearly over, but I love this town.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Due to the staff in work coping so well with the summer volumes of orders, the higher management gave us free food yesterday up to the value of £5 per person. Took advantage of it before work with my dinner and again at 18:00 for my tea though I only had a dessert and bottle of coke, think in total I had £6 :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rubertoe
    Westmalle double and Tyrells pork scratchings, at home with the misus. Beautiful.

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Bunch of mates asked a hypothetical "if there was a whip around for your birthday next month what would you like?" (which we do when the birthday has a 0 at the end)... so now I need to decide what I want N+1 to be :)
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Faulty spd sl cleat, got it from wiggle as part of some pedals, they wanted me to send it all back??? I said I use it for commuting so not possible and I could send back the other cleats I ordered on their own not long after, 5 mins later I get an email saying that they have a spare one in the warehouse and they are sending it to me, I like wiggle even more.
  • Well, today started out ranty, as I rode into a wasp at 20 mph this morning, and Lycra shorts don't offer much protection against stings. He got my leg, but very high up - thank goodness for chamois.

This evening's ride was more than a little better. As I was riding between Seafield and the Prom, I saw a couple walking towards me. She was obviously more than a little bored with his chat, as she looked towards me, smiled a bit, checked he wasn't watching, then reached into the top of her summer dress and flashed her left boobie at me.

On an unrelated note, anyone recommend a helmet camera?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    This evening's ride was more than a little better. As I was riding between Seafield and the Prom, I saw a couple walking towards me. She was obviously more than a little bored with his chat, as she looked towards me, smiled a bit, checked he wasn't watching, then reached into the top of her summer dress and flashed her left boobie at me.

Got to love the bonus flashing! Strangely it works quite badly the other way around.

Yours,

Confused, of Prison.

{edit} You're a resident of NorthOfTheWall, right? What the deuce was this lady doing in a summer dress?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    davis wrote:

Got to love the bonus flashing! Strangely it works quite badly the other way around.

Yours,

Confused, of Prison.

{edit} You're a resident of NorthOfTheWall, right? What the deuce was this lady doing in a summer dress?

It was a chap in a kilt.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Well, today started out ranty, as I rode into a wasp at 20 mph this morning, and Lycra shorts don't offer much protection against stings. He got my leg, but very high up - thank goodness for chamois.

On an unrelated note, anyone recommend a helmet camera?

You know the rulez, pictures or it didn't happpen :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fnq59
    fnq59 Posts: 37
    My wife has a friend at work who's 22 year old daughter has cerebal palsy and while she is quite able, works in childcare and is studying she has never been able to ride a bike, something we all take for granted. When mum found out we owned a tandem she asked whether Kate could go for a ride, so on Sunday off we went for a little pootle down to the beach to get an icecream and then return home. Now most of us have probably done this since we were nippers but for Kate this was the first time she had experienced the wind in the hair and the sense of freedom we take for granted. Her foot slipped off the pedal occasionally but we ended up doing about 15km and she loved every minute. Her mum just called to say that she hasn't stopped smiling and she is still talking about it.
    Now I have been riding a bike for over 40 years now, I have raced at a high level, ridden in some great locations around the world off and on the road but those 15 kms on Sunday were probably the best time I have had on a bike. :D
    Just wanted to share that with some one that would understand.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    fnq59 wrote:
    Sunday were probably the best time I have had on a bike. :D
    Just wanted to share that with some one that would understand.

37759930_zps9a1ff1a7.jpg
    msmancunia wrote:
    17mph ave speed on my commute this morning. Not bad for a girl the wrong side of thirty who is addicted to chocolate and has started smoking again...

ever thought of combining you addictions?

linkage
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:

ever thought of combining you addictions?

linkage[/quote]

Lol - that's genius. I think my new-found average speed would go down eventually because I'd eat so many.

Not doing bad with that electronic cigarette though - no real ones since Sunday so far.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    School holiday roads. So much better than normal.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:

Lol - that's genius. I think my new-found average speed would go down eventually because I'd eat so many.

Not doing bad with that electronic cigarette though - no real ones since Sunday so far.

just dont try an light em, it might get messy.

a bloke in work is hooked on them electronic cigarette things, he had a tiny one (giggles) which he said was good but he brought in a huuuge one last week, that holds about a pint of "juice"

they cant be healthy??
  • msmancunia
    Probably not healthy, but I hope a bit healthier than cigarettes, and I feel a bit of an idiot using it anyway, so I'm using less than I would be smoking, if that makes sense. I have big bike plans for next year so I really do need to pack it in, for both financial and health reasons.
  • menthel
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

just dont try an light em, it might get messy.

a bloke in work is hooked on them electronic cigarette things, he had a tiny one (giggles) which he said was good but he brought in a huuuge one last week, that holds about a pint of "juice"

they cant be healthy??

They aren't as they still contain nicotine, a bloody horrible drug with many wide ranging effects on human physiology. Yuck. (Doctor and reformed ex smoker!) ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • mudcow007
    suppose though they arnt as unhealthy as a "proper" cigarette with all the tar etc....

if my dad can kick the habit any one can, he use to smoke about 40 - 50 a day :shock:
  • menthel
    mudcow007 wrote:
    suppose though they arnt as unhealthy as a "proper" cigarette with all the tar etc....

if my dad can kick the habit any one can, he use to smoke about 40 - 50 a day :shock:

True. mind you the contents of the e-cigs and what you are actually inhaling is probably a bit of a mystery. Looks like all nicotine containing products (that aren't tobacco) will be regulated soon though.

As for kicking the habit, you can only really do so if you want to! I had to make a choice as it was either the fags or booze. The fags went. And now I don't really drink any more either! How boring is my life...
    RIP commute...
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    The good thing about those e-cigs, they don't make people cough like real fags do. So your beloved family don't need to put up with your coughing fits. Except they do when even cancer can't get you to completely kick the habit.

At least it's only one parent coughing I need to put up with these days and not both of them hacking up a lung in the morning.