Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    The train wasn't too busy this morning and the cooler weather meant it wasn't too uncomfortable! ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    DrLex wrote:
    To musi być różowe skarpetki

Didn't have them on last night, they were down the front of the shorts.............. :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Our bike rack at work is completely rammed
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    redvee wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    To musi być różowe skarpetki

Didn't have them on last night, they were down the front of the shorts.............. :lol:

For some reason I have an idle curiosity to see how this one pans out... I obviously need to get out more :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    Advantage to riding slower (and compared to most on here I was never fast to start with) is I am now seeing a lot more cyclists on my route to work.

Managed to get a nice tow up hill from one who blew past me 100 yards before some traffic lights, which was lovely as I'm starting to get a real dislike of hills. Made the morning commute one of the fastest for a while as had a good run on the lights too.
  • redvee
    Just realised that my shady 13 mile commute to work today is only 3.25 miles on roads with road traffic.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    50km bimble around Romney Marsh on a gorgeous day. Me, my wife and the boy on his bike seat just having a great time in the sun. Countryside lovely, lanes quiet and superb surfaces. And a great lunch with a pint of cider. Not been this chilled out in a long time!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Rode up the Col de Pontis today. Cat2, 14% in parts and I wept with relief when I got there, but I did it :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    menthel wrote:
    50km bimble around Romney Marsh on a gorgeous day. Me, my wife and the boy on his bike seat just having a great time in the sun. Countryside lovely, lanes quiet and superb surfaces. And a great lunch with a pint of cider. Not been this chilled out in a long time!

This. Just a brilliant day. Made me smile!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It was so nice to be on the bike this morning after two days on the tube. I think I had a grin on me the whole 15 miles into the office and I just feel so much happier for it.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    Coolest Endomondo track ever:

Donington_zps02549300.png
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    untitled_zps10327923.jpg

Better when you're too lazy to drive there!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Wow - looks like you went round 5-6 times. I hadn't eaten and cycled straight there from work (15 miles) so only went 'round 3 times.

A few numpties around the old hairpin - there was a group of us belting down the Craners curves and were all trying to smoothly apex the bend when this couple just decided to drift across from the left side. Completely blocked the line we were all going through and left people breaking (and braking) all over.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daveski12
    I cycled to work and back but struggled with my legs so just decided to drive up there.

Went round 5 times, fastest was at 23mph average which put me in the top 3 on Strava, till more people uploaded their rides and I think I'm 10th now.

Hopefully manage to beat that on the 5th August with fresher legs.

I was always watching where people were, don't think I got in anyone's way. Had to be expected though with the weather being so good, always going to get different abilities out. I think we should get a chaingang sorted out round there next time.
  • redvee
    A biker was being a d!ck on the road outside my place during the TdF coverage, jumping red lights at speed & weaving in and out of traffic. Less than 2 mins after reporting it on 101, the biker was followed down the road at a sedate 20 mph by an ARV. A follow up call from the police to arrange a statement etc led me to being told he was arrested for dangerous driving.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Playing dodgems with the Thunderstorms.

Left this morning within minutes of the rain and thunder abating. Got in fairly sharpish when I could see the next storm inbound and am now sat in the office watching the sky outside turn dark as a coal hole picnic.

and the deluge has started. Oh. My. God.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daveski12
    Looking lovely out right now. Tonights TT on the West Leake course has already been cancelled though.

I decided to stay in bed longer this morning rather than cycle and feel loads better for it :)
  • Kieran_Burns
    daveski12 wrote:
    Looking lovely out right now. Tonights TT on the West Leake course has already been cancelled though.

I decided to stay in bed longer this morning rather than cycle and feel loads better for it :)

So it's you lot I wave to as I go past on the way home!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daveski12
    Met Kieran Burns this morning, nice to meet you :)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Just after we said goodbye and I peeled off to Bunny - another roadie guy from East Leake joined up with me and we went even quicker - awesome ride in this morning Dave :)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've discovered a website that shares my view that there aren't enough traffic wardens in the world

http://youparklikeacunt.com/

I could spend hours on there.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Asprilla wrote:
    I've discovered a website that shares my view that there aren't enough traffic wardens in the world

You can get stickers :shock:

I wonder if you could be arrested for sticking one of those over people's windscreens. Poor parking is a pet peeve of mine.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    suzyb wrote:
    I still have half a pack of "I park like an idiot" bumper stickers in my glove box :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    TGOTB wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    I still have half a pack of "I park like an idiot" bumper stickers in my glove box :-)

You've managed to half fill a pack & haven't got the message yet? :o
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    jds_1981 wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

You've managed to half fill a pack & haven't got the message yet? :o
    :lol:
  • redvee
    Asprilla wrote:

Their Twitter handle is @YPLAC. Plenty of pics uploaded from my cameraphone.
  • Got a locker at work, woo! should cut down on amount I have to carry in considerably
  • redvee
    Got a locker at work, woo! should cut down on amount I have to carry in considerably

That's what I though too, still ride with a 3/4 Ortlieb pannier bag but that does include the saddle bag, lights for the ride home and lunch box and other carp(sp) I think is necessary.
  • bobbygloss
    bobbygloss Posts: 317
    Off the bike and on public transport today.
    Anti-rant because flying over the glaciers of Jotunheim and Trollheim in sunshine is a fantastic way to start the day.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Had a new frame delivered today.
    Mrs A signed for it and put the box in hall.
    When I cam home the box was not mentioned.
    I took the box to the garage unpacked it and hung it on the wall in front of the fridge.
    Then I showed the Mrs the booze I'd put in the fridge for the party we are having at the weekend.
    I had to turn the forks on the bike to open the fridge completely.
    The new frame was not mentioned.
    We've had a lovely evening with a nice meal and a very nice bottle of wine.
    The new frame was not mentioned.

The Mrs is now blind and inured to my cycling purchases and I've achieved nirvana.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX