Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just found this on redshark. Probably won't become a commuter staple but it looks like a bit of fun. Mine's on order.

http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/ ... ,-possibly
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    My thanks to the mechanic at Putney Bike store on Upper Richmond Road who fixed my "chain rub" in approximately 3 minutes.
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    First commute in on the Madone this year. Trying out the new bits and seeing how poor my fettling skills are. :lol:

My God that bike is so smooth now. 52/11 gives you some serious downhill speed and I managed my fastest ever 1 mile time (2:06) and I still had a gear to go!

I had to stop to release the back brake that was binding (thought I'd sorted that yesterday... clearly not) and still managed a sub 40 minute run, oh and the Dura Ace crankset is purdy 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    First commute in on the Madone this year. Trying out the new bits and seeing how poor my fettling skills are. :lol:

My God that bike is so smooth now. 52/11 gives you some serious downhill speed and I managed my fastest ever 1 mile time (2:06) and I still had a gear to go!

I had to stop to release the back brake that was binding (thought I'd sorted that yesterday... clearly not) and still managed a sub 40 minute run, oh and the Dura Ace crankset is purdy 8)

52? Are you running a 52/36 then? If so I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. I'd like a Double on the Dogma, but am doing the Raid in Sept and want a compact for that. Wondering if going 52/36 might be the answer...
  • Kieran_Burns

52? Are you running a 52/36 then? If so I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. I'd like a Double on the Dogma, but am doing the Raid in Sept and want a compact for that. Wondering if going 52/36 might be the answer...

*cough* triple *cough* :D 52/39/30
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Sent of for my driving licence,

At 33 years of age, i thought i may as well give it a go...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

*cough* triple *cough* :D 52/39/30

:oops:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Found my pukkah cycling shades out yesterday, still in the red protective case that they live in. Pulled them out to check that they're ok for my TdF excursion in a few weeks, and out popped the £20 note that was there for emergency funding from my last ride t'grim north last August. Result.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Lovely ride to work this morning even with the hordes of other cyclists. 99% of them were well-behaved too.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Having had my rear wheel damaged by a car driving phucktard this evening, my bicycle and I are once again mobile. I dropped my wheel over to Ugo Santalucia and he has very kindly loaned me his rear wheel so I don't miss too much riding in the sunshine.
    Very kind of him and hugely appreciated.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Having had my rear wheel damaged by a car driving phucktard this evening, my bicycle and I are once again mobile. I dropped my wheel over to Ugo Santalucia and he has very kindly loaned me his rear wheel so I don't miss too much riding in the sunshine.

Are you ok though? What happened, or should I be looking in a different thread?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Honeymoon booked.

...And other news: Murder Mystery Night, surprisingly fun.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Asprilla wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm fine thankyou, I had a bit of a rant about it in rants.
    I was going straight across a mini roundabout T junction and a car pulled out from my left and clipped my back wheel. It knocked me sideways but thankfully I had enough forward momentum to stay upright. Bloke just drove on, well for about 10 yards until he was at the back of the traffic queue. I pulled him over and had words, but bizarrely the wheel was fine when I checked it. Within half a mile it was out of true, don't know how that happened.
    I should be thankful I managed to stay on really. Looking forward to another ride in the sunshine tomorrow.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    C2W type scheme opens in work in 5 weeks time but I don't need another bike but I do want one. Will have a look at the fine details and see what I can blag on the scheme.

In other news it was warm enough at 22:00 to ride home as I rode to work, in short sleeve top and shorts.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Zen moment while cruising down a single track country lane this morning....

Just dawned on me how beautiful it was, how quiet and easy that moment on the bike was... just sublime.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm fine thankyou, I had a bit of a rant about it in rants.
    I was going straight across a mini roundabout T junction and a car pulled out from my left and clipped my back wheel. It knocked me sideways but thankfully I had enough forward momentum to stay upright. Bloke just drove on, well for about 10 yards until he was at the back of the traffic queue. I pulled him over and had words, but bizarrely the wheel was fine when I checked it. Within half a mile it was out of true, don't know how that happened.
    I should be thankful I managed to stay on really. Looking forward to another ride in the sunshine tomorrow.

Possibly hairline stress damage
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    This morning was awesome for cycle-commuting, even with a stiff headwind. I'm expecting this evening to be even betterer.

That is all.
    FCN = 4
  • cyclingprop
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    This morning was awesome for cycle-commuting, even with stiff head.

FTFY
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Another work road trip, which involves early start, long drive to country town site, a day spent fixing stuff and yet another hotel.

Not quite. Regular place fully booked so I am in alternative hotel. Must be the honeymoon special suite or something as it is (a) huge room with (b) a gas fireplace and (c) a whacking great spa in the corner plus (d) a 6' x 4' mirror on the ceiling above the bed. That last bit is somewhat disconcerting. :shock:

However, now after dinner, I have remnants of glass of wine waiting on side of the spa. Time for a dip! :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    first day on the bike since the sportive on the weekend, legs felt fantastico!!

weather is warming up a treat too, time to top up my tan lines
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • cyclingprop
    Carb-loading is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing ....
    *sugar coma*
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • redvee
    My weekend starts in 21 hours and lasts till 14:00 Tuesday.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    18mile ridehome last night, found a different route home along did a lap of Sefton Park which has just been resurfaced so the tarmac is like smooth glass....nice!

ridiculously hot & smooth tarmac, what more could you ask for?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Sunshine.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Day off tomorrow....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    Had to laugh tonight. I'm sitting at the lights at Stockwell in the right hand lane so I can make a right turn when the filter comes on. All the lights at the junction are red. Immediately behind me is a police van.

Cue - an idiot who comes up and decides to RLJ across the junction. The police van toots but he ignores him. Just then a second cyclist does the same. I turn to the police van and kind of shrug.

The two policemen in the van nod back and roll their eyes... and then turn on their sirens and lights and chase after the two RLJers to pull them over. Mwa ha ha! They looked very very sheepish when I passed them a few moments later.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Surprised to get a sub-30 minute 10 miles tonight. Included a right little cow of a climb as well :) (AND stuck at a junction!)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    Was in the office getting paperwork so I could unload a trailer and one of the managers says he wants to see em at 21:45 :shock: For the 1 1/2 hours between the chat and 'appointment' I'm thinking what have I done wrong to warrant such a chat so 2145 comes around and all is revealed. I get a certificate for my recent hard word a photo on the wall of shame plus £20 voucher, sadly for use in the company shops not Wiggle et al.
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    Chapeau to the milkman who used his mirrors and waited til I had passed before pulling over to the other side. :D

Maybe he rides a bike to work or is just switched on. 8)
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • I can't say I know the secrets to all of life, the universe and everything, but dancing round the dining table at 8:30 on a Saturday morning with your two year old son to NWA's "Express Yourself" has got to play a major part in the equation :D

*edit* to replace "respect" with "express"