Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Loads of cyclists on CS7 this morning. Didn't see any numpty behaviour and the cars/lorrys/coach had to take more care than usual. Cyclists even stopped to let vehicles turn left without a murmur :shock:
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Found a LBS that'll let me get a C2W bike on 'credit'
    I.E. After I've been approved, but before the voucher is in my hands
    Should save a couple of weeks wait

:)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I saw a car with a bumper sticker saying : " I am a vet, therefore I drive like an animal".
    Suddenly I realised how many gynaecologists there are on the roads.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw a car with a bumper sticker saying : " I am a vet, therefore I drive like an animal".
    Suddenly I realised how many gynaecologists there are on the roads.

:lol::lol:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Didn't wake up at 0630 today like I did yesterday, instead I slept in till 0900.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    forecast 12mph tailwinds for me this evening.... hope there are no issues on the route home through Westminster etc... :D
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Hmmm yes.. tailwind home. Always a bonus, especially when the sun is out. Lovely.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Work car is back so I can commute via park on bike, rather than in a car in a traffic jam.
  • Best commuting weather of the year so far. May not even have to wear my gilet on the way home. Just a shame that Railtrack have blocked off my favored crossing point meaning that I shall have a 3 mile leg on a dual carriageway rather than 4 miles along an abandoned railway line.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Thanks to the white van man who reversed from the edge of the giveaway sign this afternoon so as not to impede my commute home :)
  • englander
    englander Posts: 232
    Ordered some KMC Missing Links from Wiggle and, for my own amusement, left a comment with the order reading "Does anyone ever read these comments? Have a fantastic day!", and this is what arrived:

if5MsoC.jpg
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • redvee
    Englander wrote:
    Ordered some KMC Missing Links from Wiggle and, for my own amusement, left a comment with the order reading "Does anyone ever read these comments? Have a fantastic day!", and this is what arrived:

if5MsoC.jpg

Your postie must be good, being able to deliver the package when some cretin has scribbled over the address :lol:
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Englander wrote:

if5MsoC.jpg

Good old Wiggle eh? Let's deliver two small items in a massive padded envelope!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Addison Lee cab - LL61 DYY. Two idiotic cyclists who forced their way past on his left-hand side instead of waiting the two or three seconds for him to roll by. Never thought I'd have a good word to say about AL drivers :shock:
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Just ate a dark chocolate covered pretzel. It was awesome. It also made we want to watch mallrats...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Asked my brother to get some AAA cells for head torch and lantern for my JOGLE. He arrived with 60 AAAs in a box under his arm. :S
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I rode into work at 10.30 today. Was a beautiful day and the roads were quiet. On arriving in the office I went for lunch. I've just got back and as soon as I finish my coffee I'll be riding home again.

Love Fridays.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • My 8 year old has just completed his first complete week riding to and from school on his own. Have watched him carefully and checked with teacher and lollipop lady who say he has been riding responsibly. Shame he doesn't take after me....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • redvee
    It was warm enough for bare legs and arms on the commute home tonight, this was at 22:00. I did have my gore jacket on with the arms zipped off though.
    Had a work colleague catch up with me at the 3 miles from work point. He was in his car and I was on my bike and we both finish at the same time.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Fixed my first 'slow deflation of a cycling pneumatic device' in over 30 years, two days ago.

And it's still functioning as it should :)

Though I have a feeling it might be something I'll be getting used to, once I'm on a bike with 25mm slick tyres instead of 2.5" chunky things
  • englander
    I'm not sure at which point the line gets crossed... but there's been a step up form the Wiggle staff giving me Haribo: this time they packed me some DHB Aeron Pros, when I ordered and paid for their bog standard half-the-price standard Aerons..!

Wiggle is rapidly becoming my favourite company; I'm going to make a point about specifically buying from them in the future, and recommending them to my buddies.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • confused@BR
    confused@BR Posts: 295
    You are cheaply bought :wink:

Having said that, I still love them since they sent me some Randonneurs instead of Zaffiros some months back :)
    'fool'
  • englander
    You are cheaply bought :wink:

Having said that, I still love them since they sent me some Randonneurs instead of Zaffiros some months back :)

I'm a student, I have very low standards when it comes to finances :P
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    More playing on my Croix de Fer this afternoon

Went along Rushup Edge and down Winnats Pass into Castleton

I had intended cycling on a RUPP on Shaton Moor in the Hope Valley.

This is where I had been planning on going (based on looking at the map at home).

8707518721_fb0493837e_z.jpg

But just below there there I saw the condition of the bridleway along the edge of Offerton Moor, which looked enticing, so took that instead (this is midway along):

8708580616_063e68b951_z.jpg

Just above Offerton Hall and getting back onto the road.

8707460431_a82fa015ec_z.jpg

On the way back, instead of Winnats or Mam Nick, I went along the old broken road, and I saw a pillbox just below Treak Cliff Cavern, that I'd not noticed before.

8708581114_c26d71f4c0_z.jpg

It would have covered both the bottom of Winnats and the old main road (now the broken road). However I can't help thinking that if the front line ever got that far, Britain would have been in a pretty bad way.

The climb up onto Shatton Moor seems like long straight steep slog on a slightly slippy surface.
  • redvee
    Walked into work today and looked at the deployment board to find out what I was doing today and walked off to the changing room to strip off the cycling gear and into the work gear. As I was about to go through the first doorway, one of the fit Polish girls opened the door for me and cast an admiring glance at my fine physique and smiled. Can't blame her for having a perv cause the men have been 'admiring' her since she started some weeks back.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
  • redvee
    DrLex wrote:

If I come back home tonight with a slapped face you're taking the blame, she does speak English so nothing wrong with 'show us your t!ts' :lol:
  • cyclingprop
    Somerset Hills Gran Fondo DONE. 120.3 miles, 7000 feet and 9 hours elapsed.

No I did not make it all the way up crowcombe hill. If you can you're a better man than I.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092

No I did not make it all the way up crowcombe hill. If you can you're a better man than I.
    Just looked that up and it seems to have quite a rep. One description included the phrase "...levels out to 15%..." . Did your route include Countisbury Hill? I once got driven down that by someone who insisted on using engine braking rather than the actual brakes :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cyclingprop
    rjsterry wrote:

Just looked that up and it seems to have quite a rep. One description included the phrase "...levels out to 15%..." . Did your route include Countisbury Hill? I once got driven down that by someone who insisted on using engine braking rather than the actual brakes :shock:

Cheddar gorge, Enmore, something ridiculous and Crowcombe were the main climbs.

Crowcombe is insane. In our group of 15, two people made it.