Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Prenda's arm warmers.

#justsaying
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Didn't think I'd say this for a while but it's turned into quite a pleasant evening here.

Went out for a ride in my tights and long sleeve top as it was more March than May when I got home from work and for once my clothes matched the weather. I wasn't too cold nor too warm, the wind had calmed down and the pedals seemed easy to turn.

So glad I went out now.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    suzyb wrote:
    Didn't think I'd say this for a while but it's turned into quite a pleasant evening here.

Went out for a ride in my tights and long sleeve top.

Were these tights you wore? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Free Virgin media upgrade:

120Mb download
    12Mb upload

I don't need it, but by 'eck it's great to have!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    Beautiful ride in the morning, Sun was up, wind was low and it was just a pleseant ride.

and its my last day of working for this week.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Stripped the pedal thread on the DS crank this morning as I was about to enter Richmond Park. Thought my cleats had come loose, looked down and the pedal is half out of the crank and at a funny angle.

Turned around and went to Evans who lent me a hex key to get the pedal off but couldn't help any more than that. They were very nice about it though.

Off to Sigma then who kindly re-tapped the thread free of charge. Such nice folks.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Just been to Twickenham for lunch with the Mrs. Rode there in less than 10 minutes including drafting a van on the MTB at up to 25mph. Thankfully he had to slow down just as the elastic was about to snap so I caught up again.
    The ride back was rather slower as my belly was rather full, took over 15 minutes but I pootled the scenic route through Crane Park.
  • englander
    englander Posts: 232
    First ride of the week! Just finished my exams on Friday and it's great to be back on the bike (and not feel guilty about it!). 2 seconds of KOM on a local segment and I wasn't even actively pursuing it, I shall add it to my slowly growing collection in due course!

I also tweaked the rotation on my right cleat. It turns out my left leg is spastic and having the cleat straight was giving me knee troubles. It felt better on the bike and I'll see if it is playing up tomorrow.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    At a nice hotel last night for a do and suffered an allergic reaction (probably) to the food, and ended up in hospital till about 4 am being observed, prodded, questioned and having my blood pressure measured before being allowed out. Roll forward to this afternoon; I'd taken the bike with me so I could have a run back home on it leaving famille cib to potter home in the car an hour or so ahead of me.

Here's the thing - at the hospital I was given a plastic cup with half a dozen steroid tablets in it, a glass of water and an instruction to swallow the lot, all 6, so I did. Riding the 48 miles back home this afternoon I had a sense of power and urge that seemed unreal and unusual, and even without a following wind I knocked about 3 minutes of my PB (I do that run occasionally). The ride felt great even on the back of a night in hospital and 4 hours kip afterwards. Am I the new Lance? Do I have to go on Oprah's show and make a tearful confession? Mainly though, do steroids really have that effect?

Genuine question - I've got no intention of adding a couple of E tabs to my Weetabix to get to work quicker, I just wondered if that's what they do.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092
    Maybe. Maybe not. Steroids are a pretty big group of drugs.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rubertoe
    Placebo?

• redvee
    Looking out of the window this morning I spy rain having fallen and judge the strength of it by wether the cars are using their windscreen wipers. Come noon when I leave work the roads are damp but no rain falling and a dry ride to work. As I'm locking the bike in the bike sheds I look up at the perspex roof and see huugge raindrops splashing on the roof.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I was convinced I had a hen weekend to attend in London this weekend and was in a bad mood about it because 1) it's with a load of really girlie girls who I don't really know and 2) I was having to give up my long bank holiday weekend for it. A quick text to the bride to be to say "see you tomorrow" has made me realise that it's actually NEXT weekend. I get my bank holiday weekend back! :D

And yes, avoid London the weekend of 31st if you don't want to see several drunk screeching women and one with a face like a slapped bum (me). :cry:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    Was at the nutritionist today and made me jump on the scales. No, I didn't break them :) I now weigh the same as I did 10 years ago, 93.5kg. For the last few years I've been at the higher end of the 90kg range. A combination of cycling and a physically active job.
  • Kieran_Burns
    redvee wrote:
    Was at the nutritionist today and made me jump on the scales. No, I didn't break them :) I now weigh the same as I did 10 years ago, 93.5kg. For the last few years I've been at the higher end of the 90kg range. A combination of cycling and a physically active job.

Well, you're lighter than me... I got a shock when I saw I was 15st 8lbs a couple of weeks back. I'd been deluding myself I was still shy of 15st.

Started a proper sensible eating regime and dropped at least 5 lbs in 2 weeks. (I bought myself a decent set of digital scales and a tape measure. I will not reveal what the waist measured as... 25" thighs and 17.5" calves though)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

Well, you're lighter than me... I got a shock when I saw I was 15st 8lbs a couple of weeks back. I'd been deluding myself I was still shy of 15st.

Started a proper sensible eating regime and dropped at least 5 lbs in 2 weeks. (I bought myself a decent set of digital scales and a tape measure. I will not reveal what the waist measured as... 25" thighs and 17.5" calves though)

I still need to be at least 9" taller to get a better BMI :lol:
  • Nobody in my group on the club run was a dick. We rode together in good formation at a nice pace. And there was some sunshine.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Got my starter pack for the Notts Sportive through and my participant number: 75. I'm all excited now :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    msmancunia wrote:
    I was convinced I had a hen weekend to attend in London this weekend and was in a bad mood about it because 1) it's with a load of really girlie girls who I don't really know and 2) I was having to give up my long bank holiday weekend for it. A quick text to the bride to be to say "see you tomorrow" has made me realise that it's actually NEXT weekend. I get my bank holiday weekend back! :D

And yes, avoid London the weekend of 31st if you don't want to see several drunk screeching women and one with a face like a slapped bum (me). :cry:

Which bit of central London should I avoid? :lol:
  • redvee
    The empty bank holiday roads meant I blitzed the commute yesterday, 29 minutes for 8.5 miles. Not as fast as some but I'm happy.
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    Great ride on Sunday - first long one after a three week furlough following my accident in the first week of May. Claimed a few scalps on Box Hill - particularly pleased with the scalp of the gent on the Pinarello Dogma ...
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    New wheels fitted. Bit of a hassle removing cassettes and after buying the wrong part, which was recommended by an lbs, they happily did it for free of charge and money back for the part. Wheels are awesome too :-)
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    My old motorbike is finally on the road - and legal!!

Done_zps13ca7fb2.jpg

plus i passed my theory test today woop woop!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Well done x2 Muckyheifer. I'd recommend a friends training school, but it's not exactly local to you.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    cheers dude

i will never hang up my lycra, even when i get my "proper" bike license

i have been offered £50 per 1hr lesson on a ER5, licenses are complicated these days too...
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • MBCaad8
    MBCaad8 Posts: 127
    Wandsworth BC - finally resurfacing Plough Road. Now please, please, please go all the way to traffic lights, don't just do the bit in the middle!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    i've been doing some long hours of late, so welcome day off thought I'd see what they have done to swinley, no real surprise that the routes have been sanitised, but that didn't matter I was riding the bike in the woods, there is no bad here.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Cycling back into town this evening and I see a peloton coming down the hill. There must have been close to 20 cyclists out for a group ride tonight. Never seen that many cyclists in a day around here before never mind in one group.
  • wandsworth
    wandsworth Posts: 354
    MBCaad8 wrote:
    Wandsworth BC - finally resurfacing Plough Road. Now please, please, please go all the way to traffic lights, don't just do the bit in the middle!

Mmm, lovely and smoove! That may explain my PB on The Bikers' Plough this evening.

Now all they need to do is change the pedestrian lights by the shops - those bastards are red for a veeeeery long time.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.