Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092
    rjsterry wrote:
    Somerset Hills Gran Fondo DONE. 120.3 miles, 7000 feet and 9 hours elapsed.

No I did not make it all the way up crowcombe hill. If you can you're a better man than I.
    Just looked that up and it seems to have quite a rep. One description included the phrase "...levels out to 15%..." . Did your route include Countisbury Hill? I once got driven down that by someone who insisted on using engine braking rather than the actual brakes :shock:

Cheddar gorge, Enmore, something ridiculous and Crowcombe were the main climbs.

Crowcombe is insane. In our group of 15, two people made it.
    Quantocks, Mendips and Exmoor in one ride. Chapeau, sir.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    redvee wrote:
    DrLex wrote:

If I come back home tonight with a slapped face you're taking the blame, she does speak English so nothing wrong with 'show us your t!ts' :lol:

Still got a slapped face yesterday, not cause of the link from DrLex but perhaps I shouldn't have played her this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWAdzFmI10 NSFW :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fat_tail
    fat_tail Posts: 786
    seemed to have cured my chain rub, inadvertently
    Ridley Fenix SL
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    DrLex wrote:

If I come back home tonight with a slapped face you're taking the blame, she does speak English so nothing wrong with 'show us your t!ts' :lol:

Still got a slapped face yesterday, not cause of the link from DrLex but perhaps I shouldn't have played her this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWAdzFmI10 NSFW :shock:

I had a suspicion it was going to be that song.

Not entirely sure that I'm happy being able to guess it...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,092
    The walk around College Green and up to Parliament Square. With the roads closed it was beautifully quiet with the crisp morning light picking out the tracery of Westminster Abbey. Such a contrast with the usual rush and din.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    rjsterry wrote:
    The walk around College Green and up to Parliament Square. With the roads closed it was beautifully quiet with the crisp morning light picking out the tracery of Westminster Abbey. Such a contrast with the usual rush and din.
    I took the diversion round the back of the Abbey, it was chock-a-block, slow and lots of pedestrians walking through the traffic, you definitely made the right choice! Will follow suit tomorrow.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Body fat finally under the * huge category. See rants for the "but my weight is still the same" comment.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • redvee
    The rain that was making itself known as I put the lights etc on the bike had stopped by time I left work 5 minutes later.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    redvee wrote:
    The rain that was making itself known as I put the lights etc on the bike had stopped by time I left work 5 minutes later.

Looking similar for me this morning; hope to repeat the trick at lunchtime. How's the polski romans going?
  • redvee
    One of the managers in work last night called me a young man, at 40+ I'm happy with that :D
    DrLex wrote:
    How's the polski romans going?

I've just had two rest days and she had one yesterday so it's gone quiet but there is an English red head too. When I say red head I mean post box red, last week her hair was orange and previously it was green. We're running a book on the next colour :lol:
  • redvee
    Windoze 7 HP installed on the new PC last night, 20 mins from start to finish. Using a SSD helped speed things up I guess, MoBo drivers installed this morning but can't really play with the new PC till Monday when I next have a day off work.
  • redvee wrote:
    . When I say red head I mean post box red

I went out with a red head once. No hair, just a red head.

A very slender girl, with pale skin. Looked a bit like a swan vesta if I recall. Still, what do you expect if you use match.com :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    redvee wrote:

A very slender girl, with pale skin. Looked a bit like a swan vesta if I recall. Still, what do you expect if you use match.com :roll:

:roll:

IGYC...

Red heads are the best, hence why game of thrones is the best show on TV. EVER!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    redvee wrote:

Did you pay only the bail on Jimmy Tarbuck's joke books and leave him in the jug?
  • jamm13dodger
    jamm13dodger Posts: 106
    20mph+ tail wind on the way home. Loved it, fastest commute so far this year :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    redvee wrote:

I went out with a girl who had lovely long dark hair all down her back. None on her head, just on her back. Lovely girl. :)
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Woke hearing what sounded like a tornado outside.

My legs are pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that windy on the way in...phew.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    2:18 mile time recorded on Endomondo this morning. Chasing down a Beemer that dared to pull out on me... we got up to 35 in a 30. I'm not entirely sure who was more surprised. :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    A bit later on the same commute...

http://youtu.be/8xMY4K1M0bk

This really is a typical kind of morning for me.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Kieran_Burns
    2:18 mile time recorded on Endomondo this morning. Chasing down a Beemer that dared to pull out on me... we got up to 35 in a 30. I'm not entirely sure who was more surprised. :lol:

Uploaded the vid. Looks as much fun as it was :D

http://youtu.be/XQxIrUSRG2Y

It was a great morning to ride in.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Just found out the speed and cadence sensors from my old niterider rebel cycle computer work on my new garmin edge even though I didn't think they were ant+ sensors. £40 saved.
  • redvee
    One of my work colleagues started to lose an argument as soon as he mentioned that if there is a cycle lane, cyclists should be made to use it. I corrected him on that inaccuracy then he started on the road tax thing saying they ought to spend more of it on roads, again I shot him down in flames, 2-0 to me.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Bike seat up just over a centimeter and forwards about a half and most of my knee and back pain has vanished, yay! That and my new Rapha shorts are sooooo comfy. :)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    There's a big headline in The Telegraph online referring to Saturday's Giro debacle - "Wiggins says he descended like a bit of a girl".

One of our people was just leaning over my desk, read it and said in a dismissive manner "which bit of a girl?" Cue slight pause, polite cough and attempts to extricate herself from the question to which we both knew there are only two possible answers, neither of them repeatable in a working environment.

Mind, this is the same woman who was going to shift her car for me to get out of the car-park the other day and in response to my suggestion that it'd be handy if she does shift it although I may not be going for a while, said "if you don't come now I'm not moving." Is there a decent response to that?

:wink:
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    Loving being back on the bike after a week on the buses. :D

Enforced break as the bike was in need of some serious TLC but it did take a bit longer than expected. Even the guys at the repair place were surprised the chain hadn't snapped yet as was seriously stretched (5year old chain on my commuter). After a full service and chain replacement its almost like a new bike!

Can now ride with confidence again yay :)
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Ahh, an empty house and some Mogwai on the stereo...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Loving being back on the bike after a week on the buses. :D

Enforced break as the bike was in need of some serious TLC but it did take a bit longer than expected. Even the guys at the repair place were surprised the chain hadn't snapped yet as was seriously stretched (5year old chain on my commuter). After a full service and chain replacement its almost like a new bike!

Can now ride with confidence again yay :)

Equally for myself the MTB has been at the bike shop having the drive chain replaced plus few other bits....

But it's come back and is all shiny! I''ll have to make it dirty pronto!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Speaking of dirty MTBs I went out on mine tonight to stretch my legs after yesterday's Cycletta (had to drive to work today to carry stuff). Fell off into a massive 8 foot long puddle that covered the whole track. Ended up covered in mud and made a very old man with a small dog laugh so hard that I thought he'd rupture something. He said it was the funniest thing he'd seen in months so I'm glad I made him happy :lol:

And no, no pics...
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    msmancunia wrote:
    Speaking of dirty MTBs I went out on mine tonight to stretch my legs after yesterday's Cycletta (had to drive to work today to carry stuff). Fell off into a massive 8 foot long puddle that covered the whole track. Ended up covered in mud and made a very old man with a small dog laugh so hard that I thought he'd rupture something. He said it was the funniest thing he'd seen in months so I'm glad I made him happy :lol:

And no, no pics...

puddles can be deeper than they look, i've misjudged that a few times....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    Muddy puddle.
    And no, no pics...
    Oh dear.
    You're learning. You should start carrying a camera round, just so you can take pictures for us.