Comments

• Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    davis wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    I have Gin in the fridge.

You refrigerate your Gin?!

You don't?!?!? :shock:

My sister refrigerates two gins... one good one for her and one crap one for those who don't appreciate the good stuff.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    davis wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    I have Gin in the fridge.

You refrigerate your Gin?!

You don't?!?!? :shock:

My sister refrigerates two gins... one good one for her and one crap one for those who don't appreciate the good stuff.

This,

Difference is we don't even bother refrigerating the crap stuff for guests. :lol:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Refrigerating Gin?

I don't understand. Why? That's what ice cubes are for.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoe
    Asprilla wrote:
    Refrigerating Gin?

I don't understand. Why? That's what ice cubes are for.

Ice cubes waters it down.

Simples innit
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Well, clearly vodka lives in the freezer. I'm not some sort of cloth-handed oafish heathen!

I shall have to investimigate the benefits of gin+fridge.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • asprilla
    Good vodka doesn't live in the freezer.

Well, I find putting it in the freezer takes the taste away so I don't do it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Holy Crap!

I started a 100 page thread!!!!

Go me :D

Keep rolling with the good stuff folks. 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The sun was shining and Two Tunnels route opened today, hundreds of bikeists out on their bikes to ride through the tunnels.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • asprilla
    The old skewers I bought fit! I was expecting the rear to be infuriatingly short.

67F2FE68-3BC7-44FA-BEEF-7D55F5DA4CD0-2033-000001A71D740B8E_zpsf7ae9eff.jpg

They weigh about 20kg each.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • redvee
    Asprilla wrote:
    The old skewers I bought fit! I was expecting the rear to be infuriatingly short.

I was going to say you've got them in the wrong way round but looking at the frame, this is just a sizing fit.
    Asprilla wrote:
    They weigh about 20kg each.
    :shock:
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Weather.

8627327197_9e9746dc11_z.jpg

That was this mourning, went with the guys To Headly Heath so they could have lunch out, and after work went for a loop to Richmound Park and stopped for a Icecream and Coffee, so far been a good day!
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    6h23 inc stops for the wiggle spring saddle. Gold standard. And I didn't have to wheel out the 'if you take off feed stops' excuse!

And I have panda eyes ftw!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Finally I realise that overshoes are not just for wet weather and arrive at work without borderline frostbite in my toes. Happy!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Thanks to the tractor driver who drove right down the middle of the narrow country lane straight at me, only pulling in at the last minute.

Why is this in anti-rants?

There was a queue of traffic behind him, half of which were peering 'round trying to overtake. I could see him looking in his rear view mirror and deliberately blocking them.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Thank the lord for CO2 cartridges and such.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    Its okay i'll go have a word with myself, was a rant too so wrong thread
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    I could see him looking in his rear view mirror and deliberately blocking them.

Cool.
  • Kieran_Burns
    I had another one of these today: http://youtu.be/9U94jr60Pfw

at almost the exact same spot.

In fact there were two of them: the first lorry overtook, giving me lots of room and only swinging in when I waved to let him know he was past. The second one did the same thing and gave me the full alternating indicators thank you sign. I reckon he was saying thanks for both of them as he clearly saw me help out the previous lorry.

It's ironic given the recent tragic news that I actually feel safer around lorries on my commute.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • menthel
    Today's commute was nice. Made me feel happy, I felt good in the saddle and made nice time. Wasn't even particuarly bothered by the fact that the number of bikes out there would seem to have increased exponentially!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • redvee
    Had a pre-shift briefing from the shift manager today who told us the hard work we were doing wasn't going unnoticed and thanked us all for working as we do and also said that our shift was carrying the warehouse, picking up the cr@p left behind from the day shift and also leaving a clean slate for nights to start with.
    I had another one of these today: http://youtu.be/9U94jr60Pfw

at almost the exact same spot.

On the road to/from work to the cyclelane I use it is effectively 4 normal lanes wide so there is plenty of space for a good clear overtake as I had done to me tonight. The HGV overtook with a lane's width between us and when I considered it safe for him to pull back in I covered my front light and the driver responded with a single flash of the left hand indicator.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Got side-swiped on the way home but managed to stay upright. Driver wound down his window at the lights and apologised profusely for being too close before I'd even had a chance to have a go at him.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Kieran_Burns
    msmancunia wrote:
    Got side-swiped on the way home but managed to stay upright. Driver wound down his window at the lights and apologised profusely for being too close before I'd even had a chance to have a go at him.

This needs to be in the rants section.

Not only did he sideswipe you, he then had the cheek to remove your opportunity for righteous ire. You need to ground your anger. I suggest chocolate.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    My new Gatorskin survived this tonight.

imag0189i.jpg
  • menthel
    The rain adds a certain soundtrack to the commute that I liked. And it cleared all of the fairweather cyclists off the route. And my new jacket performed superbly!
    RIP commute...
  • redvee
    Finished work tonight and got changed for the ride home but rather than join the scrum for the clocking out machine I fitted the lights etc to the bike by the door so all I had to do was don my gloves and helmet once clocked out. On the road at 22:01 instead of the usual 22:10.
  • rubertoe
    Not having to where a thermo jacket and long sleve thermo jersey.

Still had the bib tights on mind, but will wear shorts for the homeward leg.

• corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    Bloomin' lovely ride in today! I feel like I'm starting to get properly bike fit after commuting 8 miles each way, 2 or 3 days a week since Feb (missed a couple of weeks in March too!).

Sun was shining, legs felt great. 6 Strava PB's, one 2nd overall and a 4th overall. Average of 19.2 mph. And for the first time, no rain jacket! If only every Monday morning was like that.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Got my first taster session on the track at the velodrome on Wednesday.

Will I fall off? Will I be able to stop? Will I go sliding down the banking? Will I ever get off the Cote d'Azur?

For the answer to these questions and many more, tune in to rants OR anti-rants (depending on how I get on!) on Wednesday lunchtime....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    The only advice you'll need: Remember to ride clockwise :lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    msmancunia wrote:
    Got my first taster session on the track at the velodrome on Wednesday.

Will I fall off? Will I be able to stop? Will I go sliding down the banking? Will I ever get off the Cote d'Azur?

For the answer to these questions and many more, tune in to rants OR anti-rants (depending on how I get on!) on Wednesday lunchtime....

You'll be absolutely fine - ignore the naysayers...

splinterpa_1830476c.jpg
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X