Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Went out for a leisure ride yesterday rather than a commute. To ride with no time constraint and not weighed down with a pannier bag was nice.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Manged to ride to and from work the last 2 days in just a shirt instead wearing hoodies and coats, i am loving this weather at the moment but it looks like its going back downhill again :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I've been helping a Russian chap that works in our warehouse in dealing with an insurance claim. He got his excess back this week which is an end to the whole thing so he bought me a large cake.
    Sods law being what it is, this is the first day this week I've managed to ride my bike so I'm unable to carry the cake home. I could have put the second bit in the rants section, but getting cake wins. We need a neither rants nor anti-rants sort of thread. Something like "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum".
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    red wine for post drive chill, i love you. (see rants!)
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    542623_427866573968297_1778708165_n.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    New boiler being fitted tomorrow and not costing me a penny, hopefully it'll be done quickly so I can go out in the afternoon.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    1st commute in over two weeks,

Its good to be back on the bike.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    I have a genius working for me.

He'd been on hold to his electricity suppliers for 40 minutes (working while waiting) and liked the hold music. So he used the online phone thing to identify it and record it.

Then he decided to get his own back on the company for leaving him on hold for 40 mins, so when they finally answered the phone - he played THEIR hold music back to them!. :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Nothing to do with me, but...

What happens when engineers own dogs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEMRo-IcGk
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Thank you to the driver of the blue car who stopped and let me turn off the road i was on and then followed me at a safe distance untill the road was wide enough to over take safely, where he then went right over to the other curb to pass. Why cant all drivers be like youu and not try and take out cyclists
  • rubertoe
    I think I am finally coming out of my slump, 3/4 weeks of depression and I am starting to feel much better.

Now to start claiming my top 15 position in the SCR stats.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Kieran_Burns
    Randomly booked 2 weeks off for house sorting and leisurely rides only to find I've hit the Easter Bank Holiday weekend at the end! One more day off and one less day used. Perfect.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    been drinking redbull an coffee ( Azera "intenso") most the day to keep me awake im cream crackered

now im on some creazy caffeine headrush weeeeeeee!!

shoudl fly home
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • redvee
    Payday today. Must stay away from Wiggle/CRC etc
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    In my rush to pack my rucksac after exiting the Vallee Blanche, I dropped my jacket with wallet and lift pass in it. I only noticed 3000ft lower down in Chamonix. Cue searching around all the gendarmeries in town to no avail. Finally I visited the ticket office to cancel my lift ticket and she asked "did you lose anything else?"

So thanks to the man who found and carried my jacket down to Chamonix and thanks to the ticket lady for asking the right question~!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    Two more sleeps until my spring holidays, warmth & sunshine in sunny Florida.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • redvee
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Two more sleeps until my spring holidays, warmth & sunshine in sunny Florida.

Not looked at the hurricane warnings recently?
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    re my Exposure Flare rear light, in rants.

Evans Cycles Kingston not always had the best service but can't fault them for service last night. And while i'm here may as well mention Surbiton Cycles who found "THE" basket for my wife's bike namely one that a) fitted, b) could have lights attached.
  • rubertoe
    its friday!

And come 4 pm I will be off work until April! :)

• The grim headwind into work yesterday meant a nice tailwind home. Despite a recent moan about riding in the rain, I MTFU'd and got on with it, even though Mrs BBGeek offered to come and get me (bless 'er). For some bizarre reason I was wearing my summer gloves and it got so cold I resorted to trying to defrost my fingers by putting them in my mouth. Got home freezing and soaked. OH had run me a nice hot bath (I am a lucky boy) so lounged in it for ages with a beer.

Off work today and I'm going to a beer festival with a mate where I intend to guzzle ale all afternoon. Yippee!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • the epic tailwind in this morning, it was lovely to spin the legs properly my first for awhile, not looking forward to the headwind on the way home mind
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Last day in work for ten days :) No chaotic diaries, no minutes, no meetings, just DIY, lying in, and stuffing my face full of chocolate, crisps, sweets, cakes and biscuits a week on sunday after six weeks of misery and utter deprivation.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    Last day in work for ten days :) No chaotic diaries, no minutes, no meetings, just DIY, lying in, and stuffing my face full of chocolate, crisps, sweets, cakes and biscuits a week on sunday after six weeks of misery and utter deprivation.
    Followed by shoe shopping? :wink:

runs and hides
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Followed by shoe shopping? :wink:

runs and hides

Lol - that was last weekend. A nice pair of wedges for the summer.

On Easter Monday it will be highly likely that I'll be buying a pair of elasticated waist fat trousers at M&S depending on how much I consume on the Sunday.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Followed by footwear shopping? :wink:

runs and hides
    OK you've got it.
  • redvee

I can top that, I have several geniuses for work colleagues as they all told me I'd get wet riding home in the rain, each of them was met with a look of DILLIGAF :lol:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    redvee wrote:

I can top that, I have several geniuses for work colleagues as they all told me I'd get wet riding home in the rain, each of them was met with a look of DILLIGAF :lol:

The difference is that Kieran's colleague did have a moment of real genius,
  • redvee
    Finished working at 20:30 but paid till 22:00
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Just found out today that the office is closed for the Easter weekend so I'll have a long weekend :D
  • redvee
    50x17 gearing isn't any good above 37mph. I was pedalling but there was no resistance from the freewheel. Before people suggest I change gear, I can't on a SS.