Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    hegyestomi wrote:
    734890_10151268144976086_764177628_n.jpg
    That's very sad! We used to wave with the children every time we passed her house! :cry:

Sad but the fact it made a difference means something. I think it meant as much to everyone who waved, that she waved back. I put this picture on Facebook today and a number of people shared it, people who don't even live in London said how much it touched them.

That's why it's in anti rants, faith in humanity restored a little. She made me smile every time she nodded back, and ill remember her for that.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Cycling holiday booked for France in July - a week in la Bresole, riding up and down hills, and watching a stage finish, a time trial and a stage start of some kind of bike race that's going on there around then :D

Four and a half months to get fit......
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    msmancunia wrote:

Four and a half months to get fit......

according to DDD you already are?!

:wink:
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Well, I scrub up nicely, even if I do say so myself....

BL.jpg
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:
    Well, I scrub up nicely, even if I do say so myself....

BL.jpg

phwaooor Bet Lynch, more chins than a Chinese phone book.....
  • mudcow007
    just seen a letter from my mrs brothers school thanking him for making a "realistic an accurate" ww1 trench model

the little swine had made out he made it when it was me!!! took me friggen hours aswell

i might phone the school an get them to send ME a letter

not that im bitter or anything
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Mudcalf sounds like management material.
  • veronese68
    My daughter has got into her first choice secondary school.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Veronese68 wrote:
    'Gratz - Tiffin GS?
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    A thankyou to the driver that didn't give way to me on the roundabout and cut me up.

I waved my hand as in to say 'wtf are you doing'.

I thankyou because you apologised. It's not often drivers say sorry, so nice one :)
  • veronese68
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    'Gratz - Tiffin GS?
    Thanks. No, didn't even try for that. Holy Cross, played the Italian Catholic card. She's very bright, but the pressure of Tiffin wouldn't suit her. We recently found out she's dyslexic and HC seemed to have more care in that respect and is a smaller school than the other choices.
  • cyclingprop
    Wine.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Wine.
    Not arf. I've got the night off from domestic bliss as she's out with her pals for the night; stumbled upon a web site of old radio recordings a while ago and have spent a good chunk of the evening working my way down a nice bottle of Merlot to the accompaniment of a couple of Alan Freeman Saturday Rock Shows, one from July 73 (just after my eleventh birthday - heck I can almost picture what I was doing when it was on the first time round) and another from May 78, when I was building up to my O levels.

Time flies kids. Make the most of it. :)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    Thanks to the people that helped me up off the road and to the paramedic for patching me up with some suitably supportive banter. (See rants for full story).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Managed to get in and out of the supermarket this morning before the 'bag packers' started rattling their buckets. I don't mind them but I'm particular about packing my shopping.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • veronese68
    rjsterry wrote:
    Thanks to the people that helped me up off the road and to the paramedic for patching me up with some suitably supportive banter. (See rants for full story).
    Hope you're not too sore this morning. I must say I found it quite heartening the number of people that stopped when I got taken out. Hope the bike's ok too.
  • rjsterry
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Hope you're not too sore this morning. I must say I found it quite heartening the number of people that stopped when I got taken out. Hope the bike's ok too.
    Thanks. A bit sore, but nothing too bad - thankfully, just soft tissue this time. Been chasing the toddler around M&S (refuses to sit in pushchair or be carried) this afternoon, so not had time to dwell on it much.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I finished my ride without feeling sick or faint :D

Now I just need to keep going out and try and avoid coming down with lazyitis again.
  • cyclingprop
    Oooh. I'm getting quicker. Three laps of RP in 66:10... Where did that come from?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Thanks. A bit sore, but nothing too bad - thankfully, just soft tissue this time. Been chasing the toddler around M&S (refuses to sit in pushchair or be carried) this afternoon, so not had time to dwell on it much.
    Checked the bike this afternoon and all looks fine with the exception of another scuff on my already tatty bar tape \o/ so no need to shell out for any repairs.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Don't have to go to work on Monday, nor Tuesday, nor Wednesday.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    suzyb wrote:

Now I just need to keep going out and try and avoid coming down with lazyitis again.

Nice one SB :D I really think you were suffering with a bug when you damn' near collapsed last time.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

Nice one SB :D I really think you were suffering with a bug when you damn' near collapsed last time.
    Whilst I would love to think there is a good excuse I think it's just lack of fitness and maybe unwittingly pushing a little too hard.

I just hope the weather stays dry and we get a summer or it will be all too easy to fall back into bad habits as I just don't seem to get gripped by the desire to get out on my bike like others :(
  • rjsterry
    Got up late as the littlest one had been up half the night with teething, which meant that I could have a leisurely pootle down the Embankment in the glorious sunshine - practically had the road to myself :D
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Didn't see a single RLJ this morning.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    notsoblue wrote:
    Didn't see a single RLJ this morning.

Ditto this. :D Nor another cyclist. :(

It's so ronery in the sticks.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    vermin wrote:
    So *thats* why you've been reaping the KOM's recently.... ;)
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    notsoblue wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Fighting talk. Come on then, come and have a go at them if you think you're man enough. :wink:
  • veronese68
    vermin wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Fighting talk. Come on then, come and have a go at them if you think you're man enough. :wink:
    I'd ride faster if I was in fear of getting bikejacked too.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Had to do a detour into the wilds of Milton Keynes this morning before coming to work (car, shame). On the way out of town I saw Top Bloke on the A421 dual c/way from the Buckingham side; there was a decent sized artic building up to speed from first roundabout and tucked up its jacksy was a bloke in luminous yellow on a Nice Bike holding his position. Wet roads, probably doing mid-30s on that particular stretch, no forward visibility. Go bud go. Other people pulling stunts like that legitimises me doing it. :wink:

If it was you, kudos. You look the part.