Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Steady, this isn't a "Girls in" thread you know
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Steady, this isn't a "Girls in" thread you know

aye, an DDD will be along any moment burning bra's an other assortment of lingerie

but i was just setting the scene...to even the balance this guy was also in the show

74346_zps39d96a2a.jpg

an yes for all of you who reconise him, its is indeed Rhydian from the Xfactor
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    mudcow007 wrote:
    rocky horror show in Liverpool on tuesday night

I passed by the Bristol Hippodrome at kicking out time after this show and there were plenty of female audience members in basques and fishnets but also men too :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    I passed by the Bristol Hippodrome at kicking out time after this show and there were plenty of female audience members in basques and fishnets but also men too :(

It's Rocky Horror. What did you expect?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    mudcow007 wrote:
    rocky horror show in Liverpool on tuesday night

saw the delectable Roxanne Pallet in suspenders an basque/ corset

very nice indeed...

roxanne_pallett_1920_x_1200_widescreen_181109-1440x900_zps5f42bf1c.jpg

cracking frame. shame about the Chevy.
  • Mr Sworld wrote:
    redvee wrote:

It's Rocky Horror. What did you expect?

Ahhhh.... sweet memories - watching it in Stoke and being the only bloke in a group of 14 student nurses....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I remember seeing it on TV as a child and wondering what the guy from the Crystal Maze was doing there :wink:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It feels so good to be back on the bike this week after a week of intermittent PT, issues with evans and the need for a new chain.

The bike is riding like a dream.

and its light at 7 am and 5pm!

Happy days.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • redvee
    Not having to go to work today, nor tomorrow, nor the day after. Back in Friday then the weekend off.
    Waiting for my PX goodies to come between 12:06 - 13:06.
  • rubertoe wrote:

which is a PITA if you leave home at 6am & then ride home from work at 7pm..... :(
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

which is a PITA if you leave home at 6am & then ride home from work at 7pm..... :(

I leave at 6, but it means the light mornings are on the way (which was the point :wink: ).
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Going home the other day a goup of about eight local yoofs are crossing the road on a zebra crossing on their bikes. Three of them seem to think wheelying across all four lanes is a good idea. Unfortunately for one of them his ambition overcame his talent and he wound up sprawled across the tarmac as he went over backwards. Oh how I laughed.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Chain came off the other day. Properly off - not off the chainring but off the bike. And that when I was just fairly lazily regaining speed after being held up by a lorry that decided to pass me and turn left. I wasn't displaying any awesome quad power but the fact is I found myself riding along minus a chain. The weight saving was obvious but sadly I was unable to translate that into extra speed so I stopped to go back for the chain.

Not sure why the chain had broken but one outer link was completely missing but the chain was otherwise complete.

Dug out the multitool to do a quick bit of splicing. Then I noticed that the broken link was adjacent the quick link! So I was able to remove the broken section at the quick link and rejoin the chain without needing the multitool. Now what are the odds of that happening?! (Don't tell me, the maths is pretty simple!).

Funnily, the chain shifted badly for the rest of the day so once home, I took it off, cleaned it very thoroughly (plus the cassette and chainrings), checked each link (all seemed ok), re-lubricated it, checked it for stretch, refitted it (still one link down but it seems OK that way) and it's back to silky smoothness. All a bit puzzling and mildly worrying. Chain is a Connex one which works better than the Campagnolo ones which are too narrow so I don't really want to rush to abandon it (particularly as I have two more of them!).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • redvee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Unfortunately for one of them his ambition overcame his talent and he wound up sprawled across the tarmac as he went over backwards. Oh how I laughed.

Been there and done that myself, I was showing off in central Bath in what is now Southgate and riding one of these.

Chipper4.JPG
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Have been doing a foreigner during the evenings and weekends for an old boss who is a journalist/writer type. Have listened, and transcribed nearly 30 hours of audio interviews with football scouts. Lots of bad grammar, weird footballer names, mobile phones on tables next to the dictafone going off and nearly deafening me, and lots of the obligatory football type phrases like "do you know what I mean"s.

And, 168,783 words later, I'm finally, finally finished.

I'm off to buy an iPad with the resulting stack of John Lewis vouchers :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    msmancunia wrote:
    Have been doing a foreigner during the evenings and weekends for an old boss who is a journalist/writer type.

I'm off to buy an iPad with the resulting stack of John Lewis vouchers :D

:shock:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • msmancunia
    Oh, sorry, forgot it was Double Ententdre Friday... :D

In that case you'll also be amused that I was tired when I had finished the last interview emailed it over. He emailed back laughing because I'd typed
    "Hi Mike. Have just finished off (insert football scout's name) in bed. I'm knackered".

:oops:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    Hehe. Is "doing a foreigner" an actual thing people say then? What does it mean? It sounds like writing a foreign report, but then that doesn't sound like what you go on to describe.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • msmancunia
    pangolin wrote:
    Hehe. Is "doing a foreigner" an actual thing people say then? What does it mean? It sounds like writing a foreign report, but then that doesn't sound like what you go on to describe.

I thought everyone knew it - maybe it's a northern thing?

It's when you do your day job as a favour for a mate. So a guy who is a commercial electrician might put up a couple of light fittings up for you, or a builder might lay a patio, either for cash in hand, or a couple of beers, or just as a favour.

Language is funny though. Our maths teacher once told our whole class he wasn't going to be in the next day because he was "seeing a man about a dog". We'd never heard of it so cue fifteen eighteen year olds asking "what dog are you going to get Sir? Are you getting a puppy or a rescue dog?" etc etc.....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    New one on me. I thought you were singing stadium rock ballads.
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Language is funny though. Our maths teacher once told our whole class he wasn't going to be in the next day because he was "seeing a man about a dog". We'd never heard of it so cue fifteen eighteen year olds asking "what dog are you going to get Sir? Are you getting a puppy or a rescue dog?" etc etc.....

I was at school when little Jonny who'd missed the morning session wander in. "Sorry, I'm late Miss", he says, "but my granddad got burnt this morning".

"I'm sorry to hear that", says the teacher, "I hope it wasn't too bad".

He replied, "Well they don't muck about down that crematorium" :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • redvee
    A(n) FSA Orbit MX Aheadset arrived in the post this morning for the Kaffenback so dropped it in the LBS whilst I went shopping. Told him there was no hurry etc but I'll pop back in on my way back home as the bus stop is opposite the shop. Called in on the way home and the headset was fitted and no cash was wanted though it was offered.
    Another happy moment was the 20% discount on my grocery shopping today, double the usual 10% I normally get.
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Learnt to bunny hop :-) Just needed more trust in myself.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    New one on me. I thought you were singing stadium rock ballads.

i thought the whole

"do it as a foreigner" was internationally known as a bit of cash in hand shenanigans?

well everyday is a school day
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • <rant>
    Coming over the brow of a hill, I can hear the car behind me shifting gears and changing revs, but I can see an oncoming car coming up the hill. So I put my right hand out, palm facing to indicate NOT to overtake.
    The 208 behind overtook... (cue frantic pulling in when they realise there IS a car coming towards them and nearly wiping out my front wheel)
    </rant>

<anti rant>
    Big smile and wave from the lady driving the oncoming merc who realised I was trying to help
    </anti rant>

Karmic balance restored....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • redvee
    £30 refund from CRC cause of the short Gore Brake cables they made me buy.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    734890_10151268144976086_764177628_n.jpg
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Office birthday = yummy chocolate cake nom nom nom
  • How old is your Office today then?
  • 734890_10151268144976086_764177628_n.jpg
    That's very sad! We used to wave with the children every time we passed her house! :cry: