Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Not sure if this is an anti-rant or not; I forgot to pack some boxers! it does feel liberating if a little fresh.

It could have been worse I suppose, I could have forget my trousers as well.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    New flat is excellent.
  • rubertoe
    Must be if you said it 3 times.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rubertoe wrote:
    Not sure if this is an anti-rant or not; I forgot to pack some boxers!

Been there, done that but now have a bag in the bottom of my locker with a couple of pairs of boxers and socks. Spare socks are for the rare wet rides we all face.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I've been offered jobs in a couple of other departments here. I feel like a change as I can do this blindfolded so was thinking it might be time. Just need to decide what to do. Being asked is very good for the ego, the MD has told me I can pretty much choose which department I want to work in. What to do now?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Ask for more money.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I've been offered jobs in a couple of other departments here. I feel like a change as I can do this blindfolded so was thinking it might be time. Just need to decide what to do. Being asked is very good for the ego, the MD has told me I can pretty much choose which department I want to work in. What to do now?

Work for a week in each. See which one you prefer. It's not just about the job don't forget
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Yay for getting home whilst it's still light(-ish)!
    Roll on clock change.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Bloke yesterday in the gym with arms the size of my legs...
    was jealous of my legs :mrgreen:

(yeah yeah, get my coat, I've pulled etc.)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    short sleeve top last night...in February, fingers got a bit nippy though

lovely ride in this morning, no wind low sun....fan-tab-ulous
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • I'm not sure what I did that was worthy of it, but I got a friendly "parp parp" off a white van man tonight. I was coming up to a junction and could hear the van behind me so I indicated left, checked the road and swung up the hill.

As the van came past, right over in the other lane, he gave a friendly double tap on the horn and drove away.

Dunno if it was the indicating, the proper lights, the checks or what... but it's damn nice when you get some positive feedback!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    With holidays and rest days March is 17 working days long for me.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rubertoe
    redvee wrote:
    With holidays and rest days March is 17 working days long for me.

I Win, mine is only 16.

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The weather may be crappy, my boiler may be broken leaving me without heating or hot water but a good meme always makes me laugh....

1EAB6390-F280-4EB7-9C26-51689588C1D5-5776-000006A489150034_zps167016fa.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    So from being really down in the dumps yesterday with a shorn off pedal and an equally distressed looking right crank in a soaking Winterfold Forest on Sunday I was tempted to just chuck the road bike in my neighbour's garage, buy myself a fixie and then turn my attentions back to the roadie when I'd calmed down in a few months.

HOWEVER, last night I remembered a drunken conversation with a mate who said his neighbour in Walton was starting out a small bike mechanic business, a couple of texts later, a quick nip to Condor for new parts (in the sale no less) and one very charming gentleman visit later and I am BACK ON THE ROAD! Barely 24 hours after being a state of despair... :D

nb. New chainset is a double... havent ridden a double since I was about 20. Time to MTFU.
  • asprilla
    So from being really down in the dumps yesterday with a shorn off pedal and an equally distressed looking right crank in a soaking Winterfold Forest on Sunday I was tempted to just chuck the road bike in my neighbour's garage, buy myself a fixie and then turn my attentions back to the roadie when I'd calmed down in a few months.

HOWEVER, last night I remembered a drunken conversation with a mate who said his neighbour in Walton was starting out a small bike mechanic business, a couple of texts later, a quick nip to Condor for new parts (in the sale no less) and one very charming gentleman visit later and I am BACK ON THE ROAD! Barely 24 hours after being a state of despair... :D

nb. New chainset is a double... havent ridden a double since I was about 20. Time to MTFU.

Agreeable bike mechanic in Walton? Details please!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    http://gearedupcycles.com/

Young lad - lives just around the corner from you.
  • rubertoe
    Get the Bike back today, best news I have had in a while!

I cannot abide the fooking tube.

• Decided to try out a different route to work today. Extra miles, extra hills and less traffic! Ye-Heah! Other thn the mud, potholes and ice it were a cracking ride!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Just had the most amazing dump...... :mrgreen:
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Mark Elvin wrote:
    Just had the most amazing dump...... :mrgreen:

If you've got the trots it may be down to the horse meat you've been eating :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • asprilla
    My boiler is fixed after four days without heat or hot water! Get in!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Two things. I genuinely thought today was Wednesday!

I fired an email off to a GPS route site which embedded my Tissington Trail (southern section) video (I only found out as I was idly looking at the analytics for the video hits) mentioning that I had a better video of the Northern section (better views and 3 times the length).

I got a reply back this morning saying thanks and they've immediately changed over the embedded video :D

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home ... ycle-route if you're interested.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    ditched my raspberry (blackberry) an got me a S3 mucho better-er :)
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    ditched my raspberry (blackberry) an got me a S3 mucho better-er :)
    Get rid of the Samsung keyboard and install Swiftkey 3 now!
  • No rain in the weather forecast for the next week to 10 days - at last!

(YMMV)
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • How lucky am I?

On Tuesday night I was out in Lewes, I got on the last bus home, got home and went to sleep.

Wednesday morning I woke up and got ready for work. Couldn't find my wallet! :shock:

Now I had it when I got on the bus as it had my bus card in it. So I must of lost it or had it nicked between the two. Shit!

Cancelled the cards and went to work, called the bus company but they hadn't had it handed in. Shit, Shit...

Went back again today 'just in case'... It was there, with nothing missing!

Including the £550 Bankers Draft that was in there! :mrgreen:
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    FTP up ~40.

Downside: still didn't push hard enough. Need a shouty person to get something realistic out!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Kraftwerk. Didn't think I'd ever get to see them live. Glad that I did.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • mudcow007
    rocky horror show in Liverpool on tuesday night

saw the delectable Roxanne Pallet in suspenders an basque/ corset

very nice indeed...

roxanne_pallett_1920_x_1200_widescreen_181109-1440x900_zps5f42bf1c.jpg