• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Asprilla wrote:
    I rode in today.
    So did I. Getting a lift home via a pub and a curry shop too. :D
    And good luck Mucky Heifer.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    An unknown £60 deposit in my bank account.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

The unknown £62.42has turned out to be from Google for the ads placed on my You Choob videos :D
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    The joys of having a quiet bike.

After the FSA BB fell apart (it actually fell apart in my hands when I removed the crankset) and was replaced by a 105 Hollowtech II, it is so quiet I had to keep checking that I was on the bike.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:

The unknown £62.42has turned out to be from Google for the ads placed on my You Choob videos :D

top work
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • redvee
    mudcow007 wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:

top work

Not sure how long it has taken to mount up but a nice surprise bonus that has already been spent :(
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I try to "dip" my very bright lights (Ayup) when I pass other cyclists in Richmond Park, the past two nights most others have done the same, and a couple thanked me for the gesture. Lovely!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Got a bit of a laugh at the parents tonight. They've been complaining for years, at least since they got their LCD tv probably around 7 years ago I would think, that the edge of their picture has been cut off and no change of TV setting would fix it. Today they got a new TV and when it was all plugged in we noticed the sides of the picture was still cut off.

So I realise it can't be the TVs problem (as I assumed it was due to them telling me there was something wrong with the TV :roll: ). So I check the settings of the sky box and low and behold it still has the output ratio set to 4:3. They haven't had a 4:3 TV in probably a decade :lol:
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I have acquired a MTB for very little money, a 'Rello, no less. :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rubertoe
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• veronese68
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.
    Very nice. As usual, POIDH.
  • mudcow007
    Did my CBT yesterday

instructor noted i was struggling on the CG125 (with it being so short, it was like a BMX) i was using an suggested using a 500cc - :shock:

so tried the 500 an it was so much betterer, the road test part of the CBT was cancelled due to it being a bit breezy, but the instructor told i will be doing the road bit on the 500 :mrgreen:
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.

644320_10151205467157680_1302289156_n1.jpg

It's only a basic model, but in great nick and perfect for going up the tracks near me.
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.

It's only a basic model, but in great nick and perfect for going up the tracks near me.

ahh i know why it was cheap, the Pinnerello sticker has been rubbed off
  • msmancunia
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.

Ah, are those Pinnerellos the cheap scouse copies of those Pinarellos? :lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.

Umm, any reason why the rear brake cable (I'm guessing they're cable discs rather than hydraulic) does not run through the eyelets on the seat stay?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • msmancunia
    Noooo idea - I just got it last night so it came out of the boot and into the house. Will have a fiddle/fettle/whatever this weekend. Apart from anything else I don't know the difference between cable/hydraulic discs are yet - I just pedal :oops:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    Sorry, that sounded a bit picky - wasn't meant to be. It looks as though someone cut the cable outer too short, meaning that it wasn't long enough to run through the eyelets - it looks almost taught on the picture (or they just forgot, and couldn't be bothered to unpick it all and start again). It's a fair bit of cable to be flapping about unsupported.

Cable operated disc brakes have a cable (obv) running from the lever to the caliper, whereas hydraulic brakes have a hose full of brake fluid (like a car). Lower end bikes tend to go with the cheaper cable operated variety.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    Looks good, I'm sure you'll enjoy getting mucky. Can you get some "Colada" stickers made up for the bottom of the down tube?
  • msmancunia
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sorry, that sounded a bit picky - wasn't meant to be. It looks as though someone cut the cable outer too short, meaning that it wasn't long enough to run through the eyelets - it looks almost taught on the picture (or they just forgot, and couldn't be bothered to unpick it all and start again). It's a fair bit of cable to be flapping about unsupported.

Cable operated disc brakes have a cable (obv) running from the lever to the caliper, whereas hydraulic brakes have a hose full of brake fluid (like a car). Lower end bikes tend to go with the cheaper cable operated variety.

Oh it's ok - never had an MTB (or disc brakes) so it's all useful info to me - maybe I should be skulking around in the MTB threads. Bike only retails around 400 Euros so will be a cable one.

And Veronese
    Can you get some "Colada" stickers made up for the bottom of the down tube?

That is brilliant. I shall google....
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Perks of the job hey?

Its alright for some.

Is msmancunia's local club's GoRide fleet now one bike short? :):wink:
    Boardman CX Team
  • msmancunia
    Ah, I'm busted.

I admit it, I stole a bike off a large child.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    msmancunia wrote:
    Ah, I'm busted.

I admit it, I stole a bike off a large child.

Apologies for that. I literally stumbled across that photo just now looking on the web at GoRide for the boys. It was a case of "hmm, I'm sure I've seen one of those somewhere else today". :)
    Boardman CX Team
  • redvee
    The fabled tailwind does exist. I had one on the way home tonight and knocked five mins off my 37 minute commute.
  • redvee wrote:
    The fabled tailwind does exist. I had one on the way home tonight and knocked five mins off my 37 minute commute.

Yay! :D You'll soon get those 2 miles down below 30 minutes :P :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Cycling up the A46 between Cheltenham and Stroud (the bit before Cooper's Hill), two roadies cycled up
    to me and asked if I had a spanner to tighten one of their front mudguards that was working its way loose.
    I said "no, but I've got a mulitool with few bits on it". I stopped to the entrance to Cooper's Hill and helped
    one of the guys to tighten his mudguard.

He thank me, asked me my name, told me his and said he'd seen me ride occasionally with the Cheltenham CC.
    I said I did a couple of years ago, but they have a habit of dropping people, and not waiting for riders who
    haven't managed to cross the lights as they were turning red, or wait for those that didn't get across the
    roundabout before the traffic was crossing it.

He agreed and said he very rarely goes out with them. I told him that since my recent hip operation, I only
    ride (slowly) by myself. I made a new friend and we departed on our separated routes (the two of them much
    more quickly than me).
  • rubertoe
    I love it when i have packages arrive for me at work (CRC and PX). It almost makes coming to work worth it, almost mind.

• veronese68
    rubertoe wrote:
    I love it when i have packages arrive for me at work (CRC and PX). It almost makes coming to work worth it, almost mind.
    I'm looking forward to mine arriving from CRC.
    I like the addition to your sig Mr Toe.
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    I'm looking forward to mine arriving from CRC.
    I like the addition to your sig Mr Toe.

I assume your referring to the Coppi quote? unscrupulously stolen from the Rapha site. :wink:

• Lovely sunny day and no reason to be at work, so took a very very long lunch break! rode to central London, loop back to have lunch with wife, and back to work to pick up/drop off Autistic lads.