Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    shorts today it must have been about 10c when i left the house

freakish weather!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    I didn't do New Year in Brighton for the second year in a row.

Instead I went up to the Lake District again and walked many mountains and climbed many hills.

I'm back to work on Tuesday, I'm feeling very relaxed and my broken hand is healed enough to get back on the bikes.

:D
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    woolie boolie's kick ass
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    mudcow007 wrote:
    woolie boolie's kick ass

They really do, I got a pair for our lords birthday*.

Wore them for the first time this morning and my feet were so warm and they just feel great.

other lords are available.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    rubertoe wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    woolie boolie's kick ass

Wore them for the first time this morning and my feet were so warm and they just feel great.

I got my first 2 pairs for Christmas! Never thought getting socks for Christmas would be so exciting.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Mr Sworld wrote:
    II'm feeling very relaxed and my broken hand is healed enough to get back on the bikes.

:D
    Excellent news. Do you still have to do lots of physio on it?
    My hand can cope with my mountain bikes but still isn't strong enough to pull the poxy canti's on the Jake. Unfortunately all the time off the bike and my knee has gone to pot though.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    pangolin wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    woolie boolie's kick ass

I got my first 2 pairs for Christmas! Never thought getting socks for Christmas would be so exciting.

Me too - they're brilliant!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • My (Australian) grandsons bought me a pair for Xmas. Admittedly at two and a half and six months it took a little interpretation, but they bought me a pair of Woolie Boolies (surely would have if they could have)? This freaky weather has postponed wearing them so far but still grateful for the kind thought :)
    'fool'
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Only having to do 2 hours of actual physical work today, rest of the time was training.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,697
    As a corrollary to my rant about Shimano wheels and missing widgets, here is some kudos for Petra Cycles.

Never come across them before - seem to be a decent shop in Oxted which happens to do mail order. However, unlike some lbs mail order experiences I've had, I got rapid indications of what is actually in stock and they got things into the envelopes and in the post very quickly indeed. Very good - just a bummer I live 400 miles away really and can't go in person.

Its usually very hard for a small shop to do mail order well because they don' t necessarily have the capacity for automated stock updates on a website. Petra Cycles seems to understand this and address each order a little bit like if you had walked into the shop.

I think the owner has noticed the panic which is induced in the average cyclist at the prospect of being off the bike for 3 or 4 days.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I have a new toy:

8354389590_48ae035da6_c.jpg

Where's my cape?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Down the bottom of that hill. I think I would like to join you in finding it!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648

Perverts, both of you...
  • jimmypippa

Perverts, both of you...
    fnar
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    22419300-CB69-4288-8BE2-27216DE7D04D-3518-000006EC28C3A536.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    ^^ Outstanding.

---

Started commuting again by bike on the 7th of Jan 2012. Passed the 4,000km mark since then today > and that is missing two circa 100km rides too. Pleased with that. My 2nd biggest mileage in a year I've ever done - and that one was done when I was a student.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Asprilla wrote:

That is utterly brilliant!

In other anti-rant news, my new job is ace! :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • jimmypippa

There are quite a few pretty good places round my area.

One I'll be doing in one weekend in the summer is about 50-miles round trip cycling to the Derwent Reservoirs and back home over Winnats Pass.

It is pretty suited for a CX, mostly on roads with a bit of off road round the reservoir.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    Can you tell us what it is yet? If not just whisper and I promise not to tell.
    Oh, and really happy for you.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

PM'ed you :lol:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Share it with the masses?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rubertoe wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Share it with the masses?

+1
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    jimmypippa wrote:

One I'll be doing in one weekend in the summer is about 50-miles round trip cycling to the Derwent Reservoirs and back home over Winnats Pass.

It is pretty suited for a CX, mostly on roads with a bit of off road round the reservoir.

sounds like it could be fun... let me know when you're doing the loop?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Kieran_Burns
    Asprilla wrote:

You know you're 'in' on a forum when they do posters about you :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa wrote:

Will do.

I haven't *planned* anything - I did a similar version of the route when I had to take a day off for school run duties, and realised I'd have four hours in the middle of the day. I used my standard commuter bike (Salsa Casserol) but some of it was a bit rough.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    First commute of the year by bike.

I'd almost forgotten how awesome it is - arrived at work with a smile, arrived home with one too - 3 cheers for endorphins!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Glad to hear that. Mine too is ace but it does have some drawbacks; I'm knackered after the 05.15 alarm call this morning and I think I no-longer commute by bike..... I think I'll be working from home most of the time though so morning and lunchtime laps of the park.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Kieran_Burns
    jimmypippa wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

Will do.

I haven't *planned* anything - I did a similar version of the route when I had to take a day off for school run duties, and realised I'd have four hours in the middle of the day. I used my standard commuter bike (Salsa Casserol) but some of it was a bit rough.

Well - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Route that is.

I regularly run a 100km route which has Parsley Hay as the end point - some great quiet roads and almost half of the ride is light trail.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jimmypippa

Well - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Route that is.

I regularly run a 100km route which has Parsley Hay as the end point - some great quiet roads and almost half of the ride is light trail.

Yes, and Tissington tearooms?
    I went up minor roads from Chinley to Mam Nick, and down to Edale, then to Ladybower Reservooir and back up Winnats then home -44miles. If I hadn't been worried about getting home in time I'd have extended it. I also know a few nice pubs in the area. In fact the track at the photo I showed earlier starts at "The Beehive" in Coombs