Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Asprilla wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    I need the low down on Salford Quays......

canal street is a lovely place to go for a pint....

Pint of what?

Well - put it this way: you'll always be sure of a good head

Debatable, stale pints are never good.

nor is drinking the slops....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Anyone who isn't aware of 'Anal Treet' and it's reputation has been living in a cave to 20 years.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Asprilla wrote:
    New Year, new job.

Msmancunia; I need the low down on Salford Quays......

ooh really? What do you want to know? (PM if easier).

C
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    msmancunia wrote:

C

is that like Zorro's "Z" but a C instead?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Asprilla wrote:
    Anyone who isn't aware of 'Anal Treet' and it's reputation has been living in a cave to 20 years.

It's a hot spot for hen parties and less so anything else, I heard.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Asprilla wrote:
    New Year, new job.

Congratulations. Another house move or very long commute?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

C

It stands for Cool.

(or Caroline) :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    New Year, new job.

Congratulations. Another house move or very long commute?

Very long commute. By Plane.

Gonna take a hit in the silly commuting mileage and I'm going to have to start that running malarky again.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

C

It stands for Cool.

(or Caroline) :-)

ah you see im not "down" with the lingo these days, im getting on a bit now you know, im 30 in febuary :(
  • I blame Wiggle! Ordered from them through BC last night which automatically got me the platinum discount (normally the OG does the ordering so my account doesn't get used much) - order placed at 10pm on the free delivery option, received email before 10am today saying that it was packed and ready for dispatch! Impressive stuff :)
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • It official.

The dog collars with multi-coloured flashing lights are just cool beyond the realms of coolability.

Them and the flashing LED lit ball that the flashy-lighty-colllared dogs chase across a field makes for the WEIRDEST sight you have EVER seen.

I thought it was aliens. Honest to God - cycling down a pitch black river path when you see a plethora of rainbow lights bounding towards you. I was half expecting to get home tonight with a bifurcated tan. :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Did the helmet cam pick it up?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Last working day of 2013 for me today and its my birthday tomorrow so anticipating lots of cycling related goodies!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    rubertoe wrote:
    Last working day of 2013 for me today and its my birthday tomorrow so anticipating lots of cycling related goodies!

happy burpday for tomorrow dude....
  • rubertoe wrote:

It's 2012. Just how long do you have off?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee wrote:
    Did the helmet cam pick it up?

I don't have it switched on at night - especially when I'm cycling down the off road tracks. You get very little definition. Although I haven't tried it with the magicshine on full power... I might try that next time.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe wrote:

It's 2012. Just how long do you have off?

That is how much I need the time off!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• redvee
    Trying to buy a replacement BB for my SS and two shops couldn't help but the third shop, Jakes Bikes, took the trouble to make a couple of phone calls to locate one for me which they did other wise it was an online purchase and monday delivery when I need it for work tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    Not quite n+1, but got a pass for a new bike. The Kona will have to go but it will be replaced with a newer lighter bike with better brakes, probably discs.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Not quite n+1, but got a pass for a new bike. The Kona will have to go but it will be replaced with a newer lighter bike with better brakes, probably discs.

So what type? Fast hybrid? Or drops?
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm hoping drops. CX with discs would be ideal. Need to wait a bit and see how the hand does, but I'm pretty sure I'll be good with drops in a little while. Then it's just a matter of getting signed off on Cyclescheme again.
    The other option would be to buy a frame and swap/upgrade accordingly. But shiny and new is tempting and probably no more expensive with ride to work scheme in the equation. Think I might spend a month or so deciding first. :D
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm hoping drops. CX with discs would be ideal. Need to wait a bit and see how the hand does, but I'm pretty sure I'll be good with drops in a little while. Then it's just a matter of getting signed off on Cyclescheme again.
    The other option would be to buy a frame and swap/upgrade accordingly. But shiny and new is tempting and probably no more expensive with ride to work scheme in the equation. Think I might spend a month or so deciding first. :D

Sounds like (and from what you said in the pub) the hand is getting there, I take it still cable disks at the moment?
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sounds like (and from what you said in the pub) the hand is getting there, I take it still cable disks at the moment?
    Yes, hand is getting better. Strength seems to be improving now. Although still far from right. Cable discs on drops, although I think good cable discs are ok. Certainly should be a marked improvement over the canti's in the wet. With the canti's unless the rim is clean and everything is perfect they are about as effective as putting your feet on the ground to stop.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yes, hand is getting better. Strength seems to be improving now. Although still far from right. Cable discs on drops, although I think good cable discs are ok. Certainly should be a marked improvement over the canti's in the wet. With the canti's unless the rim is clean and everything is perfect they are about as effective as putting your feet on the ground to stop.

I still see kids going down this http://goo.gl/maps/nPBRw (pan 360 to get a gist of the steepness) on BMX's with no brakes bar a foot jamed between the tyre and frame....

One of the blokes I from time go playing in the mud with (MTB) has cable disks they seem up to the job.
  • My cable attached BB5s are perfectly fine (they do take some sorting the first time though). The thing with disc brakes is that you very rapidly forget to worry about the wet - they just work in the same predictable (and pretty powerful) manner.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    The heavy rain that I woke upto this morning has stopped, just need it to hold off will I'm in work in 2 hours.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I had a cup of coffee thrown at me last night. At a T junction, I note that the car that had tried to squeeze past 200 yards earlier is now behind me in the q, and in the passenger seat is one angry young man mouthing & gesticulating at me. I really had done nothing to antagonise him so decide to ignore him. I get away first, then pull into a side turn to wait for the car to pass, just in case he's mad enough to grab the wheel to give me a scare as they pass me. Instead this ropey old Astra trundles past with the window down and Mr Angry shouting all sorts of abuse, and he lobs a beaker of coffee in my direction with the most girly effeminate ineffectual throw I've seen since the toddlers sports day some years ago. It missed by miles. Hopefully his ladyfriend driving gave him the full lecture on the way home. What a prize twit.
  • Sunshine and scenery in the Surrey lanes this morning.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Have to give Kudos to my cheap Rubino Pro's (which i only bought because they were red to match my bar tape) after they stayed puncture free through all the NYE glass on London's roads. Very impressed.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rubertoe
    Koncordski wrote:
    Have to give Kudos to my cheap Rubino Pro's (which i only bought because they were red to match my bar tape) after they stayed puncture free through all the NYE glass on London's roads. Very impressed.

You have heard of sods law I assume?