Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Just met our future PM... which was nice.

You were working in the cafe he took refuge in?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • The Jawbones have arrived & I'm very, very pleased with them for £8.49.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • The mo' starts here......
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    The mo' starts here......

+1
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • One of our female engineers just announced " I'm clean shaven today in support too" :o
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Mark Elvin wrote:
    One of our female engineers just announced " I'm clean shaven today in support too" :o

Female engineer could easily beat you in the mo' stakes later in the month too.
  • redvee
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    One of our female engineers just announced " I'm clean shaven today in support too" :o

POIDH :lol:

The rain stopped and cleared in time for me to ride home at 10pm :D
  • redvee wrote:
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    That's news great red', where you going to be working?

It's been mentioned before, the Co-op warehouse in Avonmouth, one thing I learnt at the interview is the do the C2W scheme but it looks like I'll have to wait at least 6 months before I can succumb to temptation.

We're relocating to Avonmouth soon (ish) as we have outgrown the BTC here on the docks.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    got my little Honda CG to fire up yesterday after not running for 7 months

4 kicks an its sprung into life - throttle was stuck open due to my stupidness

now she purrs....well as much as a cg125 can purr
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    Nowt to do with cycling, but I saw/heard this story over the weekend

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/ethiopian-kids.php
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Ordered from Wiggle last night. Just got a mail from the mail room saying I've got a delivery :D
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rjsterry wrote:
    Nowt to do with cycling, but I saw/heard this story over the weekend

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/ethiopian-kids.php
    Nice.
  • I have a bright front light and was waiting at the lights the other day on the way home when another rider with a very bright light pulled up next to me.

When the peds started to cross he covered up the beam with his hand.

How thoughtfull is that!

I now do the same and am embarressed that I hadn't thought of doing so before. Well done that man!
    One for the road.....
    The beer not the bike!
    FCN 11

http://app.strava.com/athletes/399251
  • I got left hooked by a chav in a Clio sport this morning.

I’d just pulled off from the ASL in the left of two lanes, chav-in-clio in the right hand lane. 50m down the road, I’ve been ahead of chav-in-clio since the lights went green but as we approach his left turn he floors it chav-style and turns left across my lane and into the side street. Both slam on brakes (chav plus horn), I gouge a nice dent and scratch into chav-in-clio’s rear door (fantastic bar ends) and stop short of falling off. He never actually stops moving, just keeps tooting and then carries on down the side road.

Posting this in Anti-rants because the thought of chav-in-clio getting out of his car later and discovering the gouge makes me smile. Amazing how a white scratch ruins a clean smooth black car panel.

(bike and me fine – this’d be in rants if either were damaged)

This post makes it look like I’m not keen on chavs.
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • redvee
    Dellsinho wrote:
    I got left hooked by a chav in a Clio sport this morning.

I’d just pulled off from the ASL in the left of two lanes, chav-in-clio in the right hand lane. 50m down the road, I’ve been ahead of chav-in-clio since the lights went green but as we approach his left turn he floors it chav-style and turns left across my lane and into the side street. Both slam on brakes (chav plus horn), I gouge a nice dent and scratch into chav-in-clio’s rear door (fantastic bar ends) and stop short of falling off. He never actually stops moving, just keeps tooting and then carries on down the side road.

Posting this in Anti-rants because the thought of chav-in-clio getting out of his car later and discovering the gouge makes me smile. Amazing how a white scratch ruins a clean smooth black car panel.

(bike and me fine – this’d be in rants if either were damaged)

This post makes it look like I’m not keen on chavs.

One word: Karma.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    On my commute this morning, there was this utter twit in a van, kept squashing me into the kerb on purpose as I was filtering a traffic queue, he also was squeezing up to the car in front at every given chance not allowing me to get into safety, this was winding me up a treat – so much so that I went to go knock on his window, as I approached, I only saw him singing along to Mamma Mia hhahaha... I actually laughed at him through the window and cycled on, didn't even need to call him a name - that was enough of an embarrassment to him.

Prick.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Working hard from home today and just had the news on for an update on Wiggo (still injured...) when Jess Enniss popped up on there. I haven't got the first clue what she said but she wins the award by a country mile for best looking woman on the tv ever. Let's push aside for a moment this modern thinking of the little dears being our equals & all that; phwoar. What a stunnah.

Whoops. ETA :wink:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Saw an amusing way to highlight the danger of undertaking lorries today. On the right side mud guard of a lorry was "Pass Side" and on the left "Su A Side".

Have to admit it took me a minute to get it but thought it was quite funny and a good way to highlight the danger.
  • Silverline Tools:

I broke my two-year-old Silverline Torque Wrench when attempting to remove the seized bottom-bracket from the Day One. Went on their website, said where and when-ish I'd bought it, they gave me an address and a reference number. Posted it off and within the week a brand-new one arrived on my doorstep.

Forever warranty.

With no hassle.

On a torque wrench that cost less than £20!

Well done that company!
  • Silverline wrench for less than £20? Now you're torquing.

Read this as a wench earlier which would have been good value too.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Top marks to TFL and fixmystreet.com.

Reported a pothole yesterday morning, email conformation from TFL by 3pm, large hole fixed by 8pm :D
  • This week I've completed Level 1 & 2 track accreditation at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome. What an experience. Hitting the banking at speed is both terrifying and magical at the same time. As is peeling off on the steepest part to let the rest of the chain pass underneath. Awesome. Can't wait to complete sessions 3 & 4.

No rain, no potholes, no homicidal van drivers, no dogs. Bliss.

Mind you, no brakes, no gears and no coasting either!
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    To the father I saw with his young child cycling to school this morning. Nice one :) Rare to see.
  • Being reminded of a Peter Sellers classic by Cafewanda's location
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • This week I've completed Level 1 & 2 track accreditation at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome. What an experience. Hitting the banking at speed is both terrifying and magical at the same time. As is peeling off on the steepest part to let the rest of the chain pass underneath. Awesome. Can't wait to complete sessions 3 & 4.

No rain, no potholes, no homicidal van drivers, no dogs. Bliss.

Mind you, no brakes, no gears and no coasting either!
    Fun, isn't it.

Judging how to drop onto the back of the line is a bit of a thing too. Making sure you don't run into the back of the last guy or leave a big gap and have to catch up. Gives you even more respect for the GB Team Pursuit squad when you see how they do it.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Tended to the cold spots in the living room. It is now much warmer without the heating. :)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Just waiting for the EPO to get home, She will then do what women do to make themselves look beautiful and then were off out on a date, which these days is a rarity.

Tapas followed by much Gin and Tonic.

Happy Days.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:
    Just waiting for the EPO to get home, She will then do what women do to make themselves look beautiful and then were off out on a date, which these days is a rarity.

Tapas followed by much Gin and Tonic.

Happy Days.
    Very nice, we keep promising to do something like that ourselves.
    You could be really make her night and tell her that to save her a bit of time and agg doing her make up you can drink a bit more to compensate. I'm sure she'll really appreciate such a selfless act. It can't fail.
  • redvee
    Finding out my light isn't faulty, just flat batteries :oops:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Having used the too big steel bike for the past week, riding my SS this morning was glorious! Well-behaved cyclists (for the most part) and other road users made for a good commute. Successfully tensioning the chain and no wobbly wheel was a good'un too :D