Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    bails87 wrote:
    Gave the bike a wash....IMAG0198.jpg
    :D

Now, I can tell you live with a burd due to the number of bottles of overpriced goo around the bath. What I can't tell is how you managed to get the bike past her into the bathroom. I can only surmise that she's out, and you're very confident of when she will return...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    davis wrote:
    Now, I can tell you live with a burd due to the number of bottles of overpriced goo around the bath. What I can't tell is how you managed to get the bike past her into the bathroom. I can only surmise that she's out, and you're very confident of when she will return...
    :lol: She is out, not sure when she'll be back and I'm sure she'd be okay with me doing this. I've mentioned it before and she's said "go for it".

I only did iit because I realised the commuter was covered in more mud than the MTB!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    bails87 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    :lol: She is out, not sure when she'll be back and I'm sure she'd be okay with me doing this. I've mentioned it before and she's said "go for it".

I only did iit because I realised the commuter was covered in more mud than the MTB!

You my friend have a very understanding burd... mine would go radio.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Contract of Employment dropped through the door for the new job this morning, had a quick browse though I might need help with some of the bigger words :lol: Amongst all the bumpf was a book stating staff discounts available in various shops and I can get 10% in Halfords. Or should that be in the rant thread?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    Contract of Employment dropped through the door for the new job this morning, had a quick browse though I might need help with some of the bigger words :lol: Amongst all the bumpf was a book stating staff discounts available in various shops and I can get 10% in Halfords. Or should that be in the rant thread?

That's news great red', where you going to be working?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • redvee
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    That's news great red', where you going to be working?

It's been mentioned before, the Co-op warehouse in Avonmouth, one thing I learnt at the interview is the do the C2W scheme but it looks like I'll have to wait at least 6 months before I can succumb to temptation.
  • Dellsinho
    Dellsinho Posts: 100
    I ordered a new rear light last weekend, hadn't arrived all week, emailed yesterday to check it wasn't a victim of the Royal Mail black hole, received an apology stating that they hadn't actually got any in stock and sorry they didn't contact me sooner.

Sounds like a rant, but then: In the same apology they offered me an upgrade for my troubles (twice the price - which means it HAS to be twice as good/bright/blinding right?..).

Also, the brother-in-law has got hold of a free Altura Night Vision Evo jacket for me.

A good week.
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    House insurance then. Renewed ours a while ago with some unlikely offer, and today £100 worth of M&S vouchers landed on the mat courtesy of that insurance offer. How does that work? House insurance = £127, in return they give me £100 in vouchers? M&S must dole them out at way below face value and my bet with the insurers is slanted more in my favour but it still seems too generous to be true. If only M&S sold cycle components or clothing.
  • rubertoe wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    davis wrote:

My wife has suggested I wash my MTB down a number of times, I've never done so since I have a hose etc outside. and manhandling a muddy MTB into the bathroom washing it and then cleaning up would be right job.

She thinks i'll get cold, since she tends to feel the cold while I run hot.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    rubertoe wrote:

I've managed to get permission to wash my bike in the bath before (rental flat at the time).

ask & you *may* receive.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    2266823239.png

Guess who got his 100Mb upgrade today?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142

The same guy who'll be shopping for this tomorrow?
  • redvee
    2266823239.png

My 60mb line gives me 65Mb :D
  • redvee
    I should be moaning that I'm working both saturday and sunday but I do miss XFactor and SCD so it does have its plus points
  • rode over to Herne Hill to watch Muddy Hell.

8129123036_04eba37f28_z.jpg

Great fun, and got fairly quiet if a bit greasy roads on way back at least, lovely being the only one in Richmond and Bushy Parks.

the racing looked great fun, some good outfits and some seriously good displays of skill as well.

managed to bump into some folks I knew, call that a good night!
  • Saw a bloke practising his bunny hop on a Boris Bike in the park this morning. That made me smile.
  • Had a problem with a leaky, 13month old Knog Gekko, they said they would send me a new one, a pair of USB Boomers arrived this morning!!! :D
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • My first proper commute today. It chucked it down on the way there and on the way back, and I absolutely loved it :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Comical section on the way home tonight. I was cycling behind my mate who was basically HI-VIZ MAN!!!!

So I popped the Magicshine on full brightness down the unlit country lanes and he lit up like a fecking radioactive ghost.

Honest to God it was this bright yellow glowing phantom on wheels in front of me; and the amount of room we got by cars was phenomenal! (I carefully avoided shining the light straight down the road - I aimed it straight at him)

This is the guy who wore the wabbit ears and even he was shaking his head at my antics
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    Comical section on the way home tonight. I was cycling behind my mate who was basically HI-VIZ MAN!!!!

So I popped the Magicshine on full brightness down the unlit country lanes and he lit up like a fecking radioactive ghost.

Honest to God it was this bright yellow glowing phantom on wheels in front of me; and the amount of room we got by cars was phenomenal! (I carefully avoided shining the light straight down the road - I aimed it straight at him)

This is the guy who wore the wabbit ears and even he was shaking his head at my antics

A bit like this was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8DAwRysNDw
  • redvee
    tomroady wrote:
    My first proper commute today. It chucked it down on the way there and on the way back, and I absolutely loved it :D

Had similar last night in work. I could hear the rain hammering down on the roof of the building but come 2200 it had stopped with evidence of a lot of rain during the working hours including a flooded ford.
  • Getting better on the strava segments, got a 2nd overall now.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Kieran_Burns
    redvee wrote:

A bit like this was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8DAwRysNDw

Pretty much!! :D
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Just met our future PM... which was nice.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Just met our future PM... which was nice.

Prince Harry?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Kieran_Burns
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    Just met our future PM... which was nice.

I met the PM. right after midday....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • The PM I'd most like to meet is...

pippa-middleton-bridesmaid-dress.jpg?9d7bd4
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • BORIS
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    BORIS

he wasnt stuck on a zip line again was he?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • The PM I'd most like to meet is...
    I think we'll be seeing more of her. At the wedding, it was all about Pippa's backside. Then Kate upstaged it by displaying her baps. Pippa's next move is obvious....