Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Had a nice 20 mile cycle along the sea front in Brighton after work. The English Channel is a flat as a pancake and the clearest I've seen it!

Almost felt like the Mediterranean! :D
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    125 miles done since Saturday and my legs are still holding up fine so i've not really bothered with a rest day. It's amazing what a difference a bit of sun rather than constant wind and rain can do to give you a lift.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    125 miles done since Saturday and my legs are still holding up fine so i've not really bothered with a rest day. It's amazing what a difference a bit of sun rather than constant wind and rain can do to give you a lift.

Ooh. Just on that figure myself! and I'm out again tomorrow.

Where's this come from???
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • My mate rides a Tricross as well, but when I'm on the Madone I'm quite a bit quicker than him. We've started this daft game of 'Wabbit hunting'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpz-UjrVH18JkgYwG-vgwyI_BRFxXzghWuR7CDq-hiTOvBo8pATg&t=1

I missed meeting up with him this morning so was chasing after him. I caught him about 5 miles in, only to see that he now sporting huge Wabbit Ears on the top of his helmet!!! :D:lol::D:lol:

I'm going to have to see if I captured it on the camera, 'cos it looked so bloody silly.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    fantastically brilliant ride last night, probably my best year.

smashed my pb - well i got in 20mins earlier than normal

mahoosive tailwind which was nice, speeding along at 27mph listening to Led Zeppelin is my new favorite thing
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I've given up any interest in logging miles. Just riding along, at any old speed in the sunshine, picking whichever route I fancy. Unfettered bliss.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • I received my new set of SKS Guards today from Wiggle and hidden away in the box was a little packet of Haribo :D
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Little bag of Haribo always makes me smile.

Out for a date with my beautiful wife tonight. Makes not being able to cycle in and having to endure the Drain this morning ok.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    Legs are feeling really good at the moment.

Spinning up nicely with a tailwind (necessary on a 42x16) and seem to keep going in the headwinds when usually the kind of effort I'm putting in to get a little racey would finish me off after a minute or two.

Seem to be turning nicely and feel quite loose.

Doubt it's being reflected in my speed but it's good sensations.

Can't help but notice I'm recovering a hell of a lot quicker at lights and things than I used to when I got back on the bike in January.
  • MrSweary
    Lovely date with my wife last night and large amounts of burger, fries, root beer and popcorn squid consumed - followed by bowling. With this in mind thought I'd pootle in this morning but felt quite strong and had a nice run along the Sheen road with a few others (even got a tow in a few places so thanks gents). Sun is out, it's Friday - chilled weekend without too much to do ahead. Life is good. Also getting excited about the new bike... come on LOC...
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    Cheers to the bloke who shut my rucksack for me at the lights.
  • Chuffed! Just managed my first 10 mile commute. Stopped 4 times to check map, chain fell off because I hadn't anticipated a climb, but nearly fell off at the station when I arrived 15 mins earlier than I'd expected :D Think home leg is going to be tough, plenty of long gradual hills with 2 or 3 big (for me) climbs.

+ the sunrise was stunning across the Devon hills this morning.
  • MrSweary
    A hearty thanks to the fella I shared duties with from PS to Battersea Bridge this evening just before 5.. made life a lot easier.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
  • Cheers to the bloke who found my mobile in the road, called my home and even offered to pop it round.

You sir deserve good karma

I on the other hand need to realise that getting blind drunk on a school night, rolling in at 3am and waking up with assorted cuts and bruises and virtually no memory of the nights events is not going to make for a comfortable commute.
    One for the road.....
    The beer not the bike!
    FCN 11

http://app.strava.com/athletes/399251
  • just 7.5 days left in my current career... I have grown a bit of a beard, my shoe laces are undone and I'm not wearing a tie. Feels like the last days of Rome.

Rock n roll bitches!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Cheers to the bloke who found my mobile in the road, called my home and even offered to pop it round.

You sir deserve good karma

I on the other hand need to realise that getting blind drunk on a school night, rolling in at 3am and waking up with assorted cuts and bruises and virtually no memory of the nights events is not going to make for a comfortable commute.
    I ride the mountain bike on days like that. It's hard work, but I'm not in a rush in that state. Plus fat tyres and bouncy forks dampen the road vibrations before they get to my rather thick head.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    We have a mouse in the house. Not really something to anti-rant about, except when the mouse has been taking the piss from your parents and their attempts to catch it for 2 days :lol:

Sadly it's now a tail-less mouse after getting caught in a trap last night. But it's still loose and Father is close to calling in the professionals.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Be careful Suzie.....this didn't end well for Tom....

Mouseexterminator.jpg
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    Blagged a ticket for the Goodwood Revival meeting for tomorrow. Just working on the free lift so I can abuse the hostipility and drink free bubbly as well. :D
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Brought an item from Wiggle, standard delivery not the expensive next day option and got it the next day! Brilliant and a bag of Haribo's that got eaten by work colleagues. Same with Prendas, got goods next day, how it should be. :D
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    After many evenings searching drawers, wardrobe, under the bed, various bags, I gave up on finding my Rapha 3/4 CX shorts that I got in the sample sale at bargain price. Wouldn't spend the full asking price on shorts, and they were very comfy and good for autumn and spring, so this saddened me greatly.

Last night I got out a random little bag when packing for this weekend and there they were. No idea why they were there, no memory of putting them there. Much rejoicing was had by all. Well, by me.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    pangolin wrote:
    After many evenings searching drawers, wardrobe, under the bed, various bags, I gave up on finding my Rapha 3/4 CX shorts that I got in the sample sale at bargain price. [....]

Last night I got out a random little bag when packing for this weekend and there they were. No idea why they were there, no memory of putting them there. Much rejoicing was had by all. Well, by me.

Were my Endura Mighty Mitts in there too? :lol:

They certainly don't seem to be in the house, garage, work desk drawer etc, I gave up looking and bought another pair. If somehow they ended up in your random bag it would be handy to have them back as a spare pair.
    Boardman CX Team
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Despite the wet miserable weather this morning had a good 22 mile commute in to work. Drivers seemed to all behave themselves round me (a number got the thank you wave) and I knocked a bit off my time.

Icing on the cake was the nice hot mug of tea waiting for me at my desk made by a locally living colleague who had spotted me near his home as he left for work. Thanks Steve. :)
    Boardman CX Team
  • currently browsing here and there whilst listening to war of the worlds in the background.

Farewell thunderchilllllldddddd 8)
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can you tell I'm an Android user?

A3QARhSCIAA2R9U.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Remembering to pump tyres up to the correct pressure for the first time in 3 weeks. The perfect antidote to the friday leg factor.
    One for the road.....
    The beer not the bike!
    FCN 11

http://app.strava.com/athletes/399251
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    flew my new plane last night - i kinda shouldnt of really due to high winds...

but meh!

heres a few snaps

vlcsnap-2012-09-21-08h57m12s84_zpsbca40235.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-21-08h56m37s251_zps11e3fa0e.png

vlcsnap-2012-09-21-08h56m12s137_zps24d94b9c.png
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    cookdn wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    After many evenings searching drawers, wardrobe, under the bed, various bags, I gave up on finding my Rapha 3/4 CX shorts that I got in the sample sale at bargain price. [....]

Were my Endura Mighty Mitts in there too? :lol:

They certainly don't seem to be in the house, garage, work desk drawer etc, I gave up looking and bought another pair. If somehow they ended up in your random bag it would be handy to have them back as a spare pair.

Sorry mate I spent ages last night double checking but no endura mitts. Feel like I've let you down :oops:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • veronese68
    Sat at home waiting for the "engineer" from Virgin Meeja and a group of kids just cycled by doing their Bikeability. Just made me smile.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    So many things to smile about.

Circumstances allow me to do 4 days on the bike this week. Hurrah.

Yesterday was a good day. It just was. :)

Hit the bottom of the Finmere bypass out of Buckingham this morning and was passed [properly, safely] by what turned out to be a compact version of those enormous yellow cranes that trundle around at a steady pace. The Finmere bypass is a mile & a quarter steady climb to my turn-off at the airfield; on a good day I can hold 18-19mph up it most of the way, on a bad day it's closer to 11 / 12. I tucked in behind Bob The Builder a foot or so off this vast flat square backend and then watched the speed climb through 21, 24, 27 then level out at 31 for most of the climb. Pity I misjudged where we were and sat up too soon; managed to hold it at about 24 for the last 200 yards to the slot-left. That was fun.