Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    4 years after being hit by a car when cycling to work, I woke up this morning with a stiff neck.
    Whiplash. The 'gift' that keeps on giving.

Day 2 of pain. The stiffness has increased. I can't turn my head and swallowing hurts. The pain is so bad that I can't do the exercises to take the pain away, Catch 22. The drugs ain't strong enough.

Can I sue the dozy driver again or should I just burn her house down?

Day 3 of pain. The drugs are working and I can now do the exercises to stretch my neck muscles. I can now turn my head about 60° to the left and about 30° to the right before the pain kicks in. I can now swallow without pain. Sudden movements (like nodding or sneezing) still hurts.
    I've been booked in to see a trainee physiotherapist (a friend of a friend) on tuesday. Even if he makes it worse I shall still have to say thankyou as he is a very good kickboxer and can easily kick my butt especially in my current condition.

I'm going for a short spin on the bike. I can perform shoulder checks if I push through the pain barrier.

Today I went to see the trainee physio and he was brilliant! It's the first time I've been pain free throughout the full range of neck movement since the car hit me in 2008. I'm going to go back again to let him have a go on my lower back and to check my shoulder/neck again, but I have to say he was great.
    If anyone in NLondon needs a physio, PM me and I'll give you his details.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So... who was the perve that like horsey girls? :wink:

Horseygirls.png

horseygirl.png

Mother and daughter I think - I preferred the mother but didn't get a clear shot :D

God I love the Summer!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821

Horseygirls.png

horseygirl.png

Mother and daughter I think - I preferred the mother but didn't get a clear shot :D

God I love the Summer!
    It looks like they were riding topless and that they've been censored!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Horseygirls.png

horseygirl.png

God I love the Summer!

Any video of the horses trotting :wink:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098

God I love the Summer!
    Did someone call? More of a jodhpurs & tweed top fan tbh, but I've seen worse.

Anti-rant: for the first time in over 5 years of doing this commute I completely ran out of legs within half a mile of leaving work yesterday and realised that getting home was very much in doubt. Roads that are normally good for 22+mph had me struggling along at closer to 11 or 12 and I was busy plotting all the permutations that would involve the least climbing.

Caved in at the first village with a shop at about 8 miles in and had to ask for a gratis loan of chocolate & coke as I'd left all my cash in the drawer at work. A superbly pleasant woman working there instantly grasped the seriousness of the situation when I explained I was completely shagged and came up with the goodies, insisting that there was no need to pay. I will on the way home tonight despite her protestations - it might happen again some time; I'm getting older. Kudos to the little Co-Op shop for helping out in a time of need.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    DrLex wrote:
    My own delight today was seeing Marcus Trescothick return to the field and lead Somerset to a fine victory over Durham.

Amen to that.

And Kieswetter's magnificent knock on Friday to beat Warwickshire. Back in the hunt.

At the risk of turning this into a cricket thread, their form continued last night in becoming t20 Semi-Finalists for the third time in three years with some cracking play. An additional guilty pleasure in hearing Gloucestershire being knocked out by an impressive Sussex in the other QF...
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    <dupe>
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    DrLex wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    My own delight today was seeing Marcus Trescothick return to the field and lead Somerset to a fine victory over Durham.

Amen to that.

And Kieswetter's magnificent knock on Friday to beat Warwickshire. Back in the hunt.

At the risk of turning this into a cricket thread, their form continued last night in becoming t20 Semi-Finalists for the third time in three years with some cracking play. An additional guilty pleasure in hearing Gloucestershire being knocked out by an impressive Sussex in the other QF...

Indeed - but I really, really want to see us win the County Championship. You can keep all the 20:20 finals for a first title...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • redvee
    Managed to get the OSM maps working on my Garmin and via Twitter helped another fellow cyclist get them installed on his device too.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    for the first time in over 5 years of doing this commute I completely ran out of legs within half a mile of leaving work yesterday and realised that getting home was very much in doubt...
    Yessss. The legs are back after a day off in the car and eating far too much food in one day than seemed sensible - it was close on a PB this morning; I could have carried on to Kidlington, even Abingdon if I'd had the time. Welcome back pins.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Kidlington and Abingdon in one day?! Too much excitement. It'll be Didcot next...

Anyway, everything is good today. Feeling happier than I've done in ages. Family all well and happy. It's sunny. I've got a fabulous bike that I'm occasionally getting the chance to ride. And the world has beer and coffee. I'm a lucky man.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    finally got round to adding the Dawes onto my home insurance policy to discover that they are going to insure both bikes for the same premium. They just use the value of the most expensive bike (which I increased by a few hundred pounds but no increase in premium).

thumbs up to Aviva
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • I my be riding like cr@p at the moment, but my 12yo son last weekend did his first 100 mile ride and followed it up a few days later with his first BC race and his first BC point.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    my cousin did a great job of being last torch-bearer at the Olympics - he lit the cauldron at Hyde Park if anyone saw it. The whole family was pretty damn proud I can tell ya.

Tyler-Rix-lights-the-Olym-005.jpg
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I my be riding like cr@p at the moment, but my 12yo son last weekend did his first 100 mile ride and followed it up a few days later with his first BC race and his first BC point.

That's rather cool.

My Trek has just done it's 2,000th mile since I got it last October. I have treated it with a big bottle of Muc-Off and have even got round to taking off that wanky bell it came with.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia
    Great. I'm walking around the house chuffed to bits because I've done 2,000 miles on my bike and I get trumped by a guy lighting the last cauldron with the torch and a 12 year old who's just done his first century. Thanks a lot lads. Way to go keeping my feet on the ground....

(i'm actually v impressed with both of them :D )
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    msmancunia wrote:
    Great. I'm walking around the house chuffed to bits because I've done 2,000 miles on my bike and I get trumped by a guy lighting the last cauldron with the torch and a 12 year old who's just done his first century. Thanks a lot lads. Way to go keeping my feet on the ground....

Cheapeau MsM, Strava is showing me having 2,007mi at the moment so I guess the commute back on Friday was that.

Unfortunately my target for the year was 4000 miles, so the next 2000 has to be in 5 rather than 7 months.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • msmancunia
    dhope wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Cheapeau MsM, Strava is showing me having 2,007mi at the moment so I guess the commute back on Friday was that.

Unfortunately my target for the year was 4000 miles, so the next 2000 has to be in 5 rather than 7 months.

Well get pedalling, dhope! Mine was since I got it - target is 2,500 for this calendar year and I'm up to 1830 so might up it to 3,000....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    msmancunia wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Well get pedalling, dhope! Mine was since I got it - target is 2,500 for this calendar year and I'm up to 1830 so might up it to 3,000....
    Dagnabbit!! You're ahead of me MSM and my target for the year was 3,000. Perhaps we should swap targets.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ah, the tried and tested tactic for dealing with people ranting down the work 'phone. When they stop ranting, just simply remain quiet for two or three seconds. They quickly run out of steam.

It's almost passive aggressive and it works wonders! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • redvee
    That has worked for me face to face too.

Started the morning on a lowly 20mb BB connection. Now thanks to Yodel and VM it is running at 60mb :D
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    redvee wrote:
    Started the morning on a lowly 20mb BB connection. Now thanks to Yodel and VM it is running at 60mb :D

Faster p0rn eh? :|
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Respect to some of the younger riders around here; coming back from a quick spin to Maplins, I'm nearing the local skate park when a youth on his bike appears out of a side track. A bit wide, but no biggie. What impressed me was the call of "Bike!" to his friends, which was then passed back down the line so they didn't swing out into my path. My only regret was I didn't have much time to acknowlege their riding.
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Dagnabbit!! You're ahead of me MSM and my target for the year was 3,000. Perhaps we should swap targets.

Veronese - I'll have your target if you take my hills. Deal?
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Sorry, only heard the first bit...
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Sorry, only heard the first bit...

Ah, selective deafness. One of the first signs of ageing apparently.... :)
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Just received some of these today and pimped the bike with them.

http://leduswheelus.com/

Going to cruise the seafront tonight and impress the ladies... :D
  • Day off. Rode up to the TT with a sizeable bunch from the club including my son. Saw all the riders pass then piled into the pub for a couple (more) pints to watch the finish. Fantastic day.

Bad news: it won't be too long before the boy has to wait for me at the top of hills.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Mortgage paid off today on the old house! Unsold, but now far less of a millstone. It's freehold and on high ground... Has anyone got any old fridges they want smashed or cows I can assist in farting?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    SimonAH wrote:
    Mortgage paid off today on the old house! Unsold, but now far less of a millstone. It's freehold and on high ground... Has anyone got any old fridges they want smashed or cows I can assist in farting?
    You can pick up an old fridge freezer on Saturday.