Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    LOL @ pedicab :P

Anyway!

Did my first 56 mile ride today, my longest ever. Totally fecked when I came back, also had a bit of a wipe out on the way home due to lack I food. Found it really hard to focus... know for next time + chuffed to bits I didn't give in and call the Mrs for a pick up.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Answered the question 'how many inflates out of a 16G CO2 cannister?' this morning. It's two. Had a pinch flat on an unexpected pot hole and the CO2 that I'd used a couple of months ago had just enough to do the job. Neat.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My new wheels are out for delivery! Hurrah!

I'm not there to accept delivery, but at least they are on their way to me.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • helped a fellow cyclist repair his snapped chain this morning, my good deed for the day has been done
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Have just seen a flyer in Sainsbugs advertising a welsh beer, cider and perry festival in Sebastopol starting tomorrow.

Sebastopol is a few nice canal path miles from here (the Welsh one Fool, not the one in the Crimea - although oddly my family roots are from that area of the world I discovered recently).

I suspect that closing time tomorrow evening may see me wobbling gently home with one eye closed and a beatific smile.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Looks like there's going to be a bike shop opening in town, bonus points for being less than 5min walk from work too :D
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Beautiful day today.

Broke the commute record with Door to Door in 48 minutes and I wasnt even trying. :D:D

Looking forward to a nice pootle home now!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • SimonAH
    I was really looking forward to the ride in this morning given the glorious weather, but #1 daughter is running a temperature so I'm working from home...... still, the wireless works in the garden doesn't it!

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Knee feels slightly better after a 2 mile pootle yesterday. Hopefully I'll be commuting again next week.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Mum an dad came around to mine on the weekend with a brand spanking new lawn mower

god bless em
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Free coffee day today :) Ronald's Coffee Shop + a local paper = 0p, frothy coffee, can't spell cappuccino, at Avon Valley Railway = 0p
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • bails87
    I picked up a couple of drafting fairies last night.

I've still got a slightly gammy knee from being run over, but pottered the mile and a half up the road to register at a new GP surgery. As I got back on the road to head home I saw a few distant cyclists approaching. They were right in front of the setting sun so I couldn't get an immediate SCR reading. Anyway, there I was, helmetless, in 'civies' on flat pedals, riding my 25 year old 'hack' bike. Eventually the three other cyclists caught up with me.

I'm pottering along at ~12-15mph with only one working leg, with 2 blokes on full TT bikes and aero helmets and a woman on a road bike with clip on aero-bars tucked in behind me. :lol:

The missus saw a TT on her way home from work, so to be fair they were probably cruising home after going balls-out over 10 miles, but still......
    MTB/CX

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    bails87 wrote:
    I'm pottering along at ~12-15mph with only one working leg,
    That's a bit crap isn't it? Even on no working legs you should be doing 23+. Youth of today eh?

:wink:
  • My office has installed a new coffee machine that's roughly the size of a mini. Seriously it looks like a small alien spaceship has landed in the staff room. It makes proper cappucinos and everything and it's free!

Massive caffeine-induced spikes in productivity FTW!
  • bails87
    CiB wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    I'm pottering along at ~12-15mph with only one working leg,
    That's a bit crap isn't it? Even on no working legs you should be doing 23+. Youth of today eh?

:wink:
    It's allowed, I'd just spent 28 hours working down 'pit with just coal dust to eat and engine oil to drink. :wink:

Actually, I was going to make a jibe about not everyone having electric powered bikes and it reminded me....

On the way home from work a couple of months ago I saw a guy on an electric bike, going uphill on the shared use path, not pedalling but tucked down into as much of an aero position as possible. Head down below the riser handlebars, engine whirring away at a few mph. He just looked very odd.
    MTB/CX

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Well done to the guy on his first outing on clipless pedals who did the full slow-motion topple over next to me at the lights this morning. Took it like a man, got up with a smile on his face & we had a good chat. Told him it happens to everyone (whilst trying to suppress my laughter..) :)
    <a>road</a>
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Well done to the guy on his first outing on clipless pedals who did the full slow-motion topple over next to me at the lights this morning. Took it like a man, got up with a smile on his face & we had a good chat. Told him it happens to everyone (whilst trying to suppress my laughter..) :)
    On the Dunwich Dynamo this weekend I was riding with a guy that claimed that not only was this his first clipless ride, but his first ride on the bike for six years! Not having any evidence to dispute it I took him at his word, though I did have my doubts. He did pretty well to keep up, till he blew up and dropped off the back at 90miles...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Having discovered that 2 out of a box of 20 High 5 gels I ordered had burst in transit, thus making a bit of a mess of the other items in the box too, I sent a polite complaint to Wiggle suggesting they wrap such items in plastic before sending them. I got an immediate, very apologetic reply followed by another box of 20 gels for free! Now that's customer service for you! :D
  • mudcow007
    picked up a flat last night.

flipped bike over took wheel out just starting to take the tyre off when a random car stops who asks if im ok an if i needed a lift anywhere

then the person whos house i stopped outside came out an asked if i needed any help

you see there are some good people about!!
  • bails87
    edited July 2012
    It's my birthday, and Ms Bails has bought me some rather fetching and slightly retro looking (i.e. not a logo-fest) Campagnolo bib shorts and matching short sleeve jersey. Perfect for the...er....lovely weather we're having.

Edit: there was no Campag equipped bike to go with it :cry::lol:
    MTB/CX

• not sure whether to post this here or in rants, but celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today :shock:

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    not sure whether to post this here or in rants, but celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today :shock:

Congratulations/Commiserations
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    rubertoe wrote:
    not sure whether to post this here or in rants, but celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today :shock:

Congratulations/Commiserations

+1

bails87 wrote:
    It's my birthday, and Ms Bails has bought me some rather fetching and slightly retro looking (i.e. not a logo-fest) Campagnolo bib shorts and matching short sleeve jersey. Perfect for the...er....lovely weather we're having.

Edit: there was no Campag equipped bike to go with it :cry::lol:

happy burpday buddy
  • bails87
    Thanks, and congrats Sharkysurfer!
    MTB/CX

• Cheers All :D

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Sorry, a bit late to the party. Congrats Sharky.
    We had our 17th anniversary the other day, just made us feel old. At least I remembered to get a card.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Congrats to all! :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Sorry, a bit late to the party. Congrats Sharky.
    We had our 17th anniversary the other day, just made us feel old. At least I remembered to get a card.

im still waiting for the flowers to arrive "self raising naturally" :mrgreen:

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Woke up this morning to a text and email from one of my cycling mates - he's decided to do the 100 mile Notts sportive with me next Sunday! Yay! Someone else to suffer with.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • SimonAH
    Just a really nice Daddy Daughter day today. Shopping for a new coat for school this morning, made butternut and carrot soup together (simmering on the hob) which we'll eat with cheesy muffins, and an afternoon of mOvies and boardgames planned. Sometimes the rain can go hang.