Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Just did a 23k pootle with my GF just to pick up some toy mouses. Lovely weather today.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Just went for a flight in a helicopter for an hour. I had a chance to take the controls (well, the cyclic) so flew it myself for a bit. I nearly lost my breakfast due to turbulance and my over enthusiastic inputs into the controls, which lead to a massive surge of adrenaline, but it was great fun. I slept like a baby in the car on the way back.

A very fun Xmas pressie and well worth the wait.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Half Day for me today,

Tour TT in the offing for me this afternoon.

Yea
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Took the boys to see the Olympic Flame on its way past Bletchley Park earlier so working from home for the rest of the day. Luckily there's a Tour de France going on today with a TT live on tv, for those moments when work is just too much.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Good news from me for a change.

1 - My holiday was excellent.

2 - My new boss has given me lots of work. This will also mean that I'll be posting a lot less in the near future, which is also probably a good thing for everyone.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Good news from me for a change.

1 - My holiday was excellent.

2 - My new boss has given me lots of work. This will also mean that I'll be posting a lot less in the near future, which is also probably a good thing for everyone.

Hear hear!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Top banana ride yesterday in beautiful weather. Canal path from Cwmbran to Abergavenny and back. Wish I'd taken a proper camera (some of the views were fabulous) but still had to use the camera on my mobile when a peacock decided to give it the full strut, and a couple of horses decided to hang out on a humpback bridge. Good day!

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    My son went mountain biking with the school yesterday. He had an awesome day and is keen to do it again. Why didn't we have school trips like that when I was a kid?
    Before going one of his mates was laughing saying how much better than my lad he'd be. Only two of them were daft enough to go down one particularly scary descent. Laughing boy went first, his foot slipped off the pedal, he locked the back wheel then grabbed the front brake and slid the rest of the way down on his face. Thankfully my son didn't laugh at him as he was more concerned that he was next. He made it down with no mishaps and thankfully the other lad wasn't hurt as it was nice soft mud that he landed in.
    I'm really glad the boy had a good day and didn't damage himself. And I know it's wrong but I'm glad he showed the kid that laughed at him how it's done.
  • CiB
    Didn't the other kid show your boy how not to do it though?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    CiB wrote:
    Didn't the other kid show your boy how not to do it though?
    I'm sure that helped. He learnt the importance of making sure your feet stay on the pedals very quickly.
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    Riding home from the gym last night, on my carrera subway with loaded panniers, so really not pushing it that hard. Get to the Itchen Bridge and notice a couple of roadies up ahead, then realise I am rapidly gaining on them. Now I know they must have been cruising for whatever reason, but it did make me smile as when I passed them heard one of them mutter about that being embarrassing. Think I shamed them into putting some effort in as they flew past on the descent. :lol:
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Been cleaning out the loft, and I've thrown so much crap out I think the house might float away :lol:
    I also found about 150 Dr Who novels from when I was younger, and before Dr Who was fashionable :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    SimonAH wrote:
    IMG_0339.jpg

F*ck You. I'm a Peacock :mrgreen:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    The weather gods are smiling on me. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I've managed to fortuitously pick a timeslot that avoids the torrential rain that has soaked the roads just beforehand and drenched the garden when I got home.
    I'll end up in a monsoon for the rest of the week now that I've said that!
  • jakjtb
    jakjtb Posts: 111
    currently rather annoyed at the woman who cut me up on the main road and then yelled "bike lane".....i assume she was shouting about where she was currently parked half way over.
    i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    This morning before I set of it was pouring outside so I put on some baggies, grabbed my waterproof coat and donned my gloves. Did my first sub 12 minute commute today so well pleased :lol:
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I didn't get rained on today, twice.

Yeah me.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    New DZR District shoes pitched up today from Swansea-based Urban Cyclery.
    mission2-590x395.jpg

Had ordered the Minna, but on enquiring yesterday as to whereabouts, Ty suggested that Royal Mail had f**ked up and would send out a replacement immediately without re-charging. He also recalled that I'd asked about the old styles prior to ordering and offered a pair of the Districts instead.

Note inside box related that a balance refund had already been processed.

Recommended!
  • CiB
    After years of being referred to as Lance at work whenever the bike is in the vicinity, I've been elevated this week to being Bradley. Yay - cycling goes mainstream.
  • SimonAH
    CiB wrote:
    After years of being referred to as Lance at work whenever the bike is in the vicinity, I've been elevated this week to being Bradley. Yay - cycling goes mainstream.

:-D Most recently I was referred to as "the black tadpole" which, whilst a tautology, still made me giggle in an Atkinsonesque manner.

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Wiggins, Frome, Cav.

Rest of world: "Thanks for coming".
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • CiB
    To make a quite good day just that bit better the good lady wife has just fished a £1000 Evans voucher out of a margarine tub. Well done her. :D
  • SimonAH
    Seven AM twenty miler with a mate in the cool.
    Home, AH Minor on her bike, off for some fishing where she pulled in three creditable roach on pole and barbless hook and squealed like an eight year old girl (which she is) whilst telling three seperate well wishers about the time in the states a few years ago where she caught a trout and I did not :-D
    Home, lunch in the blazing sun in the garden.
    A really interesting documentary about the architecture surrounding the Champs Elysees (looks good for cycling BTW, loads of SCR going on)
    Still blazing sun, back out on the bike and currently enjoying an Imperial Sports Drink outside a pub on the canal.
    It can get better, but that would involve me finding a naked Liv Tyler entangled in my tie rack this evening.

• Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    CiB wrote:
    To make a quite good day just that bit better the good lady wife has just fished a £1000 Evans voucher out of a margarine tub. Well done her. :D

Wow! :shock: :D I never knew anyone actually won those 'golden ticket' type things!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    CiB wrote:

Wow! :shock: :D I never knew anyone actually won those 'golden ticket' type things!

Indeed; it's worthy of the inception of a "Your jammy results here" thread.

My own delight today was seeing Marcus Trescothick return to the field and lead Somerset to a fine victory over Durham. Let's not mention proceedings at The Oval, eh?
  • cyclingprop
    20 miles this morning, cleared the head. Back home, watched THE race. Went back out for another 25. Might have caught the sun...mmmm tri-suit tanlines.
  • Yay! Summer clothing at last.
  • cyclingprop
    Yay! Summer clothing at last.

:shock: I've been in it since February!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    DrLex wrote:
    My own delight today was seeing Marcus Trescothick return to the field and lead Somerset to a fine victory over Durham.

Amen to that.

And Kieswetter's magnificent knock on Friday to beat Warwickshire. Back in the hunt.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm going to have to check the vid footage on this one and post it, but coming up the last A road on the way in to work this morning (A60) there's a Range Rover waiting to pull out on my left.

Now he's positioned the car correctly and his bumper is just shy of the white line, but he sees me coming up the hill with traffic behind and he pulls the car back IN to the junction away from the white line. Now I would've edged out slightly (as you do) and he removed the need for this - he got the friendly wave and I got a wave back and a smile as I went past.

So Mr RR driver - THANKS! :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter