Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Sorry to hear about the accident, but pleased to hear someone took the time and effort to help out.

Get well soon Mrs. Lex.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Same mate who was with me when I had the 'exploding tyre' incident invited me out for a >100 mile road ride through the Peaks on Saturday. I'd got a nasty pain digging in my chest (right side) that meant breathing was really painful (think pleurisy painful) so I bailed out.

He went out anyway and did a Hoogerland on a descent when taking a bend too fast. Bike hit the barbed-wire fence and he went through it "like a fat gymnast"

Ripped to bits and in need of new shorts... really impressive photos though!

Oh this is anti-rant 'cos it means he's cursed and not me :p
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Sorry to hear about the accident, but pleased to hear someone took the time and effort to help out.

Get well soon Mrs. Lex.

Thank you for your good wishes; finding re-bandaging a test of my First Aid skills.
  • R0B75
    R0B75 Posts: 376
    Same mate who was with me when I had the 'exploding tyre' incident invited me out for a >100 mile road ride through the Peaks on Saturday. I'd got a nasty pain digging in my chest (right side) that meant breathing was really painful (think pleurisy painful) so I bailed out.

He went out anyway and did a Hoogerland on a descent when taking a bend too fast. Bike hit the barbed-wire fence and he went through it "like a fat gymnast"

I actually went over it like a fat gymnast....
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I would seem to be at Pen Ponds Cafe with a cup of coffee having got here under pedal power. Fair enough it's been a pootle on the wife's Brompton sticking to quiet roads and cycle paths but I don't care! I am back on a bike!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Balancing out Saturday's Kharma by stopping and giving a lift in the car to a chap who was wheeling his bike along the side of the busy A road in the pouring rain. He was more pleased about not being late to work than anything else.
  • Same mate who was with me when I had the 'exploding tyre' incident invited me out for a >100 mile road ride through the Peaks on Saturday. I'd got a nasty pain digging in my chest (right side) that meant breathing was really painful (think pleurisy painful) so I bailed out.

I actually went over it like a fat gymnast....

nice bit of claret there!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A (small) box of Haribo with free bike bits arrived today and cause it was too big for the letterbox I had to go downstairs and open the door to Postman Pat(ricia). She told me she was running a little late and knew I left for work soon, it was 11:20, so she did the deliveries to my side of the road so that I got the package whilst I was still home.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Just a gorgeous morning for cycling this morning.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    My son can come riding with me ....

Ok - he's just 9 weeks old, so he's not going to put much effort in and I'm going to have to tow him around - litteraly ... in a trailer :) Ok, I'll have to go slowly despite the suspension and stick to quiet roads or paths, but it expands our range without having to resort to combustion engine and the extra drag will help with my general training ...
    Oh - before you worry too much - he's in his car seat, securely strapped in the trailer ... he's done 5 miles so far :)
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    Foot up commute for the second time in just over 2 years :)
  • menthel
    Rode the Aprire (and therefore a big boy bike) for the first time since the accident. A whole 25km and boy am I out of shape!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • First Aid course tomorrow and Friday, then a Safety course on Monday.

Time away from work in a constructive manner.
  • redvee
    Foot up commute for the second time in just over 2 years :)

Like this? :lol:

2704.jpg
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Tomorrow I fly to Bali.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    The boy just rang me with his GCSE results. Unlike his father he worked really hard and stuck to a structured revision timetable and it had paid off. Really pleased for him.
  • The boy just rang me with his GCSE results. Unlike his father he worked really hard and stuck to a structured revision timetable and it had paid off. Really pleased for him.

Great stuff!
  • menthel
    The boy just rang me with his GCSE results. Unlike his father he worked really hard and stuck to a structured revision timetable and it had paid off. Really pleased for him.

Good news!
    RIP commute...
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Had an incident with a tree root which knocked my front dérailleur on my Felt - F1x CX bike - did bodge repair and forgot. Climbing up hill yesterday lost chain to inside when I moved to inner chain ring - all a bit crunchy and horrible. Just took off chainset to inspect damage ... chain cut straight through helicopter tape, straight through automotive vinyl covering, straight through aluminium safety plate, straight through exactly none of the carbon fibre of chain stay ... phew.
  • veronese68
    What a glorious evening, lovely bimble home through Bushy Park. And it's Friday :-)
  • redvee
    A work colleague came back from Jamaica with some Jerk beef and brought it in for us to sample. I had a small piece as did the supervisor with no issues but the Polish girl I was working with ate her piece then the supervisor said about the afterburn, she sprinted across the warehouse in a speed Usain Bolt would have been proud of as we were creasing up in laughter at her pain.
  • menthel
    Not sure if rant or anti-rant but I am going back to work today!
    RIP commute...
  • Back to work today to find my work mates have defaced stuff on my desk with pictures of penises in black marker pen!

I think it's because they missed me.

Passed the 2 courses I went on last week and yesterday, got tomorrow and Friday off work.

Probably got another trip with work coming up soon which involves a submarine.

Looking good.
  • Lovely chap called Gordon on a Pearson with panniers and Schwalbe Marathons (perhaps a red Norfolk jersey on) stopped to offer me a spare tube when i punctured on CS8 on Monday. If you post on here, thank you sir.
  • Moved from 62nd to 7th on a sprint segment on my morning ride.

On a mountain bike.

With a heavy bag.

Boom, that's how I'm rolling today!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Moved from 62nd to 7th on a sprint segment on my morning ride.

On a mountain bike.

With a heavy bag.

it is windy out isn't it :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Moved from 62nd to 7th on a sprint segment on my morning ride.

On a mountain bike.

With a heavy bag.

it is windy out isn't it :wink:

It was more a matter of pride.

Mind you I was knackered for the rest of the ride, it fair did me in I can tell you!
  • veronese68
    There's no such thing as a tailwind, some days I'm just incredibly strong. ;-)
    That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    There's no such thing as a tailwind, some days I'm just less weak. ;-)

FTFY :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    There's no such thing as a tailwind, some days I'm just less weak. ;-)

FTFY :wink:
    Everybody knows the truth, I meant what I tell my poor deluded self. :oops:
    Got to work this morning and 10 minutes later the heavens opened. Got home tonight and 20 minutes later the heavens opened. I didn't get wet at all. Now starting a 4 day weekend. :mrgreen: