Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ordered from Amazon at 12:34, in my hands at 19:34
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Monster hangover but made it in without puking my guts up. \o/

Come to think of it I felt better on the bike than I do now.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684

Pretty good. I had 2 good ones recently.

Appliances Online. Ordered 8 pm Friday evening. Delivered 8 am Saturday morning.

Joules on ebay. Ordered 8pm and came next morning at 10.

Staggering really.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716

Pretty good. I had 2 good ones recently.

Appliances Online. Ordered 8 pm Friday evening. Delivered 8 am Saturday morning.

Joules on ebay. Ordered 8pm and came next morning at 10.

Staggering really.

I ordered a spurcycle bell on Thursday morning and it arrived on Monday morning - from California. Which I was a bit staggered by
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    You should try Shutl and get it within 90 minutes from a variety of retailers :)
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    You should try Shutl and get it within 90 minutes from a variety of retailers :)

How are the little blue pills working out? :evil:
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • R4skob
    R4skob Posts: 40
    edited June 2015
    First day on the new commute, taking me from london out to pretty much box hill, might be rude not to this afternoon :D. Probably should have eaten first but still made it in good time.

Now where is that food
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    First day on the new commute, taking me from central london out to pretty much box hill, might be rude not to this afternoon :D. Probably should have eaten first but still made it in good time.

Now where is that food

uncannily you have nearly described my new commute from next Monday but is Epsom rather than Box and Canary Wharf rather than London. I assume you are A24 then CS7... how are you finding it?
  • Slightly self-centred (sorry) but have to keep checking it actually happened - I am now the legitimate owner of a stripey jersey! :D

Amazing weekend at the Masters National Track Championships and it all came together for the 500m TT where I posted the fastest time in my age group. I was last up and knew the time I had to do, so when I finished and looked up at the screen I almost cried. And then the weekend got better with a further silver (Scratch) and Bronze (Individual Pursuit). Can't wait for next year!
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • R4skob
    edited June 2015
    First day on the new commute, taking me from central london out to pretty much box hill, might be rude not to this afternoon :D. Probably should have eaten first but still made it in good time.

Now where is that food

uncannily you have nearly described my new commute from next Monday but is Epsom rather than Box and Canary Wharf rather than London. I assume you are A24 then CS7... how are you finding it?

I'm actually working in Leatherhead, box hill is a little further than i thought at first (dont notice it as much on a sunday ride). I'm going out to RP, kingston, Esher, then into Leatherhead and reverse for later on, relocation of an office has caused that so i'm still living where was handy for the old one.

Enjoyable ride, was a little worried that being narrow lanes cars may try and push past at speeds not used to in london. but everyone seemed pretty patient. going to enjoy getting sunburnt on the way home
  • R4skob
    Slightly self-centred (sorry) but have to keep checking it actually happened - I am now the legitimate owner of a stripey jersey! :D

Amazing weekend at the Masters National Track Championships and it all came together for the 500m TT where I posted the fastest time in my age group. I was last up and knew the time I had to do, so when I finished and looked up at the screen I almost cried. And then the weekend got better with a further silver (Scratch) and Bronze (Individual Pursuit). Can't wait for next year!

chapeau!
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    Slightly self-centred (sorry) but have to keep checking it actually happened - I am now the legitimate owner of a stripey jersey! :D

Well done! :D
    Results are online?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699

Excellent, well done.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Good work fella.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415

Congrats! :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716

hats off - that's brilliant
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    That is awesome!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Superb stuff BC!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Haven't been on a bike since monday ...

Have got a baby son instead ... :)
    Excellent, many congratulations. I was once told the first 25 years are the worst. :wink:
    Cheers :) Managed 14 miles in 2 weeks ... oh well...
  • redvee
    Worked in a 2c environment today. Absolute bliss given the outside temperature.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Got some glasses yesterday- it would seem that I can read again!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    It was hot yesterday; the perfect time to take the wrong way home.

Took the Scott CR1 SL along very bumpy bridleways (on 23c tyres), through a field, and semi-trespassed across some private land. Managed a muscular 14 mph, too.

It was glorious.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    for the first time since I started cyclocommuting mumble mumble years ago...my way home journey is now as quick as my way in journey :D
  • redvee
    4 hours overtime in the last 2 days, for 12 hours pay. Even less traffic on the roads at midnight than at 10pm when I usually ride home.

The family of swans are back on the commute to work, now with 7 cygnets. As long as they don't decide to stand in the middle of the cyclepath everything will be OK, it's a 2 mile detour or a waiting game if they do.
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    The family of swans are back on the commute to work, now with 7 cygnets. As long as they don't decide to stand in the middle of the cyclepath everything will be OK, it's a 2 mile detour or a waiting game if they do.
    :) Know what you mean with that one. The parents are very agressive when it comes to protecting their young.

Had to be quite circumspect myself going around swans on the towpath as well.

Mike
  • redvee
    :) Know what you mean with that one. The parents are very agressive when it comes to protecting their young.

Had to be quite circumspect myself going around swans on the towpath as well.

Mike

They were having a family picnic today, as much as I like seeing them and watching the cygnets grow from grey birds into white mature cygnets, they can be a PITA.

viewtopic.php?p=19640211#p19640211
  • Absolutely delighted!

Cycled Nottingham to Skegness today, 82 miles, managed it in 4 hours 21, 18.85mph.

Worked with a couple of other guys a lot of the way which helped massively.

My 2nd long ride in 2 weeks, I'm loving them...going to try and start doing longer rides earlier next year!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Absolutely delighted!

Cycled Nottingham to Skegness today, 82 miles, managed it in 4 hours 21, 18.85mph.

Worked with a couple of other guys a lot of the way which helped massively.

My 2nd long ride in 2 weeks, I'm loving them...going to try and start doing longer rides earlier next year!

This is something I want to do myself - how do you get back?

p.s. *cough* tailwind *cough* ;)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    First commute on the bike for 3 weeks - ok, 2 weeks of Paternity leave - but last week was drive in and home - too knackered and too much to do at work to do otherwise ...

But - to top it, I took the best bike and my new best wheels ... :) I think there might be a few PBs in there despite not doing all out effort ... dare I look?

1pb - few 2nd/3rd best times ... not disappointed ... :)
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    first day of my new commute (from Epsom) and after quarter mile saw fellow commuter so introduced myself and he showed me his route in as far as E&C. Nice chap and thoroughly pleasant ride in.