Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Graham. wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    Not bike related but a friend of mine is performing one of his songs in front Liz the Queen and 57 million others on the remembrance thing on telly' tonight.
    Some may remember him as Daniel Hagman in the "Sharpe" tv series. :D

_DSC3827-Edit_zps837a04bc.jpg
    John Tams isn't it?

I used to love the Sharpe series and have the box-set on DVD. He sang the theme song and sang often in episodes.
    That's the fella'. He did all the music for Warhorse and lot's of other wonderful stuff. :D

Tams wrote the folk songs for War Horse. The rest was done by a little turd named Adrian Sutton.

Yes, of course you're correct. Sorry for incorrectly crediting. :oops:
  • It's just so much fun over-taking over 2 miles of standing traffic in the morning :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Planet X's customer service.
    Its so nice being able to talk to people who know what you're talking about and who know how to keep customers happy and therefore coming back again and again.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    puncture fairy visit :( why an anti rant, because it happened at the end of the ride as I packed the bike away in the house, and not on the ride when it would have been wet, muddy, horrible and totally miserable to fix...especially as its the rear tyre and theres no obvious nail sticking out :D
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Condor would seem to have their new 2015 range appearing on their site. Hnnnng.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Lovely potter though bushy park met folks I know on companion cycling bikes, and just a lovely roll in.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Tickets for Foo Fighters bought :)
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    New macbook arrived!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Nice ride in this morning despite the frosty conditions.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Ditto, and after approx 1.2 miles of my commute I ticked over 4000 miles for the year... which was nice.
  • Freezing cold starts. So wonderfully bracing.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Discovered, last night, that my new Mavic softshell is water-resistant. A nice surprise, as I don't think it was advertised as such. For 2 hours, the rain that was evident in HD at the Citeh game just beaded up and ran off. Better resistance than my Gabba and No-rain stuff.
  • vermin wrote:
    Discovered, last night, that my new Mavic softshell is water-resistant. A nice surprise, as I don't think it was advertised as such. For 2 hours, the rain that was evident in HD at the Citeh game just beaded up and ran off. Better resistance than my Gabba and No-rain stuff.

Heresy! Burn him!!!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    vermin wrote:

Heresy! Burn him!!!
    He'll be fine, his fancy Mavic softshell is probably fire resistant too :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    A plethora of anti-rants today...

I am off work for the rest of the week.
    My woman flu (so much worse than man flu) is on the way out and I no longer sound like a bloke
    Our AGM is done and dusted for another year
    Hair cut and coloured on Friday which means I will no longer have Debbie Harry type roots
    Haven't smoked for a month.
    Just got paid.
    I'm out painting the town of Mancunia red for the first time in aaages on Saturday.

And, City beat Bayern last night and I was lucky enough to go and watch :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    msmancunia wrote:

At least someone did. Can't even fill the stadium for a game against Bayern. tsk tsk...
  • dhope
    msmancunia wrote:

At least someone did. Can't even fill the stadium for a game against Bayern. tsk tsk...
    To be fair, only Aguero bothered to turn up for City...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    msmancunia wrote:
    I'm out painting the town of Mancunia red for the first time in aaages on Saturday.

Blue, surely.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Foot up 16 mile commute today and possible n+1 ordering this afternoon...
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Google Now has started automatically displaying my Parking Location. It uses the GPS and accelerometer in my phone to determine my speed of movement. From my speed, it determines when I am driving in my car and then when I have stopped driving and started walking.

Only, I'm not in a car, am I. 8)
  • vermin wrote:
    Google Now has started automatically displaying my Parking Location. It uses the GPS and accelerometer in my phone to determine my speed of movement. From my speed, it determines when I am driving in my car and then when I have stopped driving and started walking.

Only, I'm not in a car, am I. 8)

Did you fill in your profile as age 82, and perhaps Google thinks you are an OAP who drives everywhere at 12mph?
    :mrgreen:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    A car let me out of a junction tonight thats the first time in eight years of living here, I almost didn't know what to do
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    I lost my credit card yesterday.
    Would normally be a rant, but as it's Black Friday today I've probably saved myself a packet by having the card cancelled.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope
    Garmin 800 doesn't turn on...

Garmin now turns on
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    DrLex wrote:
    Foot up 16 mile commute today and possible n+1 ordering this afternoon...

Riding the balance bike on a 16 mile commute, chapeau
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Email from Camelot tonight with news about my ticket, 2nd £25 win this month.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • After a morning's fettling on the new frame, realised I needed two bits to fit the rear brake caliper. Google turned up some examples in far-flung places, but had to go out for lunch before I got to place an order. Turned up to cafe, to find a couple of doors down an LBS I've never visited before, open on a Sunday to boot! Conversation...

Me: "Do you keep Magura hydraulic brake spares at all?"
    LBS: "Yes, some things. What do you need?"

Oooh, promising...

Me: "An IS caliper to Post mount adaptor, No.3, and a brake hose with the 0 deg fitting..." (Wishful, very wishful...)
    LBS: "Hang on... "

*Disappears downstairs, sound of rummaging through boxes is heard. Reappears from stairwell...*

LBS: " There you go. Last one of both!"

Ya-frickin-hoo! :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,105
    Big fat juicy tailwind and dry roads that made up for the somewhat Belgian conditions this morning.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    dhope wrote:
    I lost my credit card yesterday.
    Would normally be a rant, but as it's Black Friday today I've probably saved myself a packet by having the card cancelled.

One credit card ...?
    How does that work?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:
    Email from Camelot tonight with news about my ticket, 2nd £25 win this month.

I've been to that club, did you tip?