Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm pretty sure you owe me a beer perhaps even two.

Oh and well done, I wouldn't mind doing an instructors course myself at some point.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you owe me a beer perhaps even two.
    Me three. We could meet in a pub, somewhere we could all get to, how about the Morpeth?
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    School holidays. Hardly any cars. Lovely.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    37 out of 1242 on a Strava segment (noonementionmegettingatow) :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Took the longer route home last night, 17 miles along the River Dee, Chester.
    Lucky enough to see the Beluga come in to land, and watched the sunset over the North Wales mountains. Reminded me of just why I do this day in day out :)

(The Beluga!)
    IC180913beluga-01.jpg
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Took the longer route home last night, 17 miles along the River Dee, Chester.
    Lucky enough to see the Beluga come in to land, and watched the sunset over the North Wales mountains. Reminded me of just why I do this day in day out :)

(The Beluga!)
    IC180913beluga-01.jpg

Nice pic. That plane looks like it has no right to be in the air. Awesome.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Ah, the John Merrick of aeroplanes.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Actually saw the thing take off on a ride home - now that was impressive!
  • Kieran_Burns
    pfft...

You should try being directly in the flight path when one of these:

an124.jpg

is landing.

Just to show how close I am:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.83017 ... 972867,15z

Look for Foxhills to the right of the runway. I'm there. They come in very, very flat on the approach so are astonishingly close as they pass overhead, I was looking for tyre marks on the roof.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • ** Plane envy **
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    You must get a wicked tow off that beast. Makes drafting buses look abit pathetic.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    £54 of stuff from chain reaction for £37. 5% off cassette/chain combo, £5 off for spending over £50, £10 off for using paypal. Got another £5 off if spending over £50 voucher with the latest delivery, won't use it now, so this is the code CRCR11CR1MY6. Enjoy!
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Meant to post this the other evening ... but I only think about it whilst riding ..

On the way home from the pub on my bike earlier this week - in the dark, slight drizzle but still pleasant enough ...
    A barn owl flys overhead and off into the adjacent field. Didn't hear a thing and I only saw it because of the glow off my light ... fantastic birds and always a pleasure to see them.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Slowbike wrote:
    Meant to post this the other evening ... but I only think about it whilst riding ..

On the way home from the pub on my bike earlier this week - in the dark, slight drizzle but still pleasant enough ...
    A barn owl flys overhead and off into the adjacent field. Didn't hear a thing and I only saw it because of the glow off my light ... fantastic birds and always a pleasure to see them.

'tis a great sight:

http://youtu.be/y3p2mWtuRHI
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • hagace
    hagace Posts: 34
    Just checked BBC weather on line.

Promising 25 knot tail wind on way home!!

Whoo hoo!! :D
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    08 stumpy fsr
    08 allez
    90 trek 8000 rigid
    13 spesh carve
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrzpX-K-4Ik
  • Packing today for a trip to Oz. Mrs S G wants to know why all the cycling stuff? Haven't ridden much this year, moving home/health issues but firmly intend to ride up Carefree Road on the SiL's MTB just like the last time.

Great place to ride, cafes in all directions and fruit bread toast with Macadamia Nut butter!
    'fool'
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got off the shop floor earlier than normal so used the extra few minutes to 'dress', lights etc, the bike outside the door by the Kronos machine. Clocked out at 22:00 and was out of the gate at 22:01 before any of the cars.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Other PAs bosses sometimes get them a bottle of wine or a big bar of chocolate if they've been working hard.
    I get this bad boy smuggled over the Yorks/Lancs border by my Chairman. :lol:

As a Lancashire lass it pains me to say it but it was a very decent pork pie. Lacking a bit in jelly but that's Yorkshire for you - always a bit tight. :roll:

Pie.jpg
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • slowbike
    that's not nice .... not just before I've got to ride home in the cold and dark, on an empty stomach, having to cook dinner when I get in ... :(

;)
  • Yeasterday, early evening, already dark, moon was up, cycled through Richmond Park, so beautiful, quiet... makes you realize how lucky you are for being able to a) use your legs to ride a bike and b) to have Richmond Park as part of your commute...

Also yesterday (didn't cycle today), on Upper Richmond Road, massive lorry gave me lots of space when overtaking me. Thank you, sir!
  • A driver overtook me on the A35 into Ashurst (I was on the bloody awful cycle path as it was rainy and horrible) slowed and instead of a gobful, told me that my rear light was glitchy. Checked when I got home, and after a few minutes of being turned on, starts to both fade and flicker.

New Smart R2 ordered from CRC forthwith. And Cheers to you sir - A silver Audi A4!!!
  • slowbike
    voodooman wrote:
    A driver overtook me on the A35 into Ashurst (I was on the bloody awful cycle path as it was rainy and horrible) slowed and instead of a gobful, told me that my rear light was glitchy. Checked when I got home, and after a few minutes of being turned on, starts to both fade and flicker.

New Smart R2 ordered from CRC forthwith. And Cheers to you sir - A silver Audi A4!!!
    That's why I Have at least 2 rear lights on and turned on for the winter commutes. Smart R2 is quite a good light, certainly bright, just protect it from spray and it will be fine.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Not bike related but a friend of mine is performing one of his songs in front Liz the Queen and 57 million others on the remembrance thing on telly' tonight.
    Some may remember him as Daniel Hagman in the "Sharpe" tv series. :D

_DSC3827-Edit_zps837a04bc.jpg
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Slowbike wrote:
    That's why I Have at least 2 rear lights on and turned on for the winter commutes. Smart R2 is quite a good light, certainly bright, just protect it from spray and it will be fine.

Started off the ride home with 4 rear lights last night and got home with only 2. The two that failed were USB charged, the battery lights on my helmet and mudguard got me home, luckily there wasn't much traffic to contend with at 2200. The lights went on charge before the kettle had boiled.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Winter overshoes, not just keeping feet nice and warm, but dry too, especially handy when you find your route ahead has completely flooded in several places...it rained alot yesterday didnt it :)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Graham. wrote:
    Not bike related but a friend of mine is performing one of his songs in front Liz the Queen and 57 million others on the remembrance thing on telly' tonight.

John Tams isn't it?

I used to love the Sharpe series and have the box-set on DVD. He sang the theme song and sang often in episodes.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    elbowloh wrote:
    Graham. wrote:

John Tams isn't it?

I used to love the Sharpe series and have the box-set on DVD. He sang the theme song and sang often in episodes.
    That's the fella'. He did all the music for Warhorse and lot's of other wonderful stuff. :D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    This year I have worked on 26 weekend days but I'm not scheduled for any more. That makes me happy. I may even knock back any which is offered.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Now officially mine. Cycle scheme email says so! 4 years and 23,884 miles. A brilliant bike.

P1000442ed_zps8d8f156d.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Graham. wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Graham. wrote:

John Tams isn't it?

That's the fella'. He did all the music for Warhorse and lot's of other wonderful stuff. :D

Tams wrote the folk songs for War Horse. The rest was done by a little turd named Adrian Sutton.