Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    menthel wrote:
    They do Tunnocks caramel wafers in a giant size now!

*drools*
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Having a wafer as the centre of a biscuit is a sure fire way of ruining said piece of confectionary.

The only exception to this rule is the kit kat / chunky kit kat.

Tunnock's wafers and (especially) Blue Ribbands arenot an exception.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    elbowloh wrote:
    Having a wafer as the centre of a biscuit is a sure fire way of ruining said piece of confectionary.

Heathen.

You made it even worse by then comparing a Tunnocks to a blue ribband. You obviously know nothing! ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    elbowloh wrote:

Get out. Blasphemer!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    menthel wrote:
    Lies, I tell you! I can't find any information about this heavenly giant sized treat. From where can I purchase this giant caramel-y goodness??
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes amongst the best things in the universe.
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    rower63 wrote:
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes amongst the best things in the universe.
    No wafers involved, so thumbs up!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • menthel
    gingaman wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Lies, I tell you! I can't find any information about this heavenly giant sized treat. From where can I purchase this giant caramel-y goodness??

They have them in the work canteen!

Agreed with the teacake too. Bloody awesome.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    I'm pleased to see the priotities around here are entirely correct. Kid learns to ride a bike; meh. Larger Tunnocks Cocaine* and the place goes wild.

* begins with C and equally addictive.
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm pleased to see the priotities around here are entirely correct. Kid learns to ride a bike; meh. Larger Tunnocks Cocaine* and the place goes wild.

* begins with C and equally addictive.

I had the pleasure of both! Of course if I had been eating the wafer whilst the boy was pedalling away the world would have been truly perfect.
    RIP commute...
  • gingaman
    menthel wrote:
    gingaman wrote:
    menthel wrote:

They have them in the work canteen!

Agreed with the teacake too. Bloody awesome.

I don't think your work would like me turning up unannounced and trying to sneak in to sample a giant chocolate covered wafer. Imagine trying to convince security!
    "hello Mr security I'm here to gain access to your canteen as I heard a rumour on the Internet that you are stockpiling giant chocolate bars."
  • menthel
    It wouldn't work out well, partially because I am a civil servant and they get very testy about unannounced visitors and also because if you say chocolate to our guards most would probably beat you there and scoff the lot. ;)
    RIP commute...
  • Did not have to stop once on my 16 mile commute this morning. :D
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    Cycled home from Richmond Park (Roehampton Gate to Wimbledon, call it 6 miles) with the 6yo in a mere 68 minutes. One way to stay in zone 1 for training purposes and gave me ample opportunity to perfect my skid stops. Of course on arrival he immediately tells mum that we "took the A3", which was true after a fashion but along the adjacent path....
  • gingaman
    Dyrlac wrote:
    Of course on arrival he immediately tells mum that we "took the A3", which was true after a fashion but along the adjacent path....
    I once saw a chap cycling along the A3 with his child on one of those tag along bikes that attaches to the seat post. In rush hour. Madness

May have a pic somewhere
  • veronese68
    My son (16) now has a girlfriend that lives in Wandsworth and wanted to cycle there along the A3. I showed him the way through Richmond Park then over Wimbledon Common and via Southfields, I'm happier with him going that way.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Myhooose wrote:
    Did not have to stop once on my 16 mile commute this morning. :D
    Almost managed the same today; just the one foot down moment for temp. traffic lights.
  • Tried a completely different route this morning and really enjoyed it. It even had 3 proper hills in it! Plus a potentially VERY scary section on a main A road that turned out to be perfectly fine (potholes filled in and very patient van drivers... no really). Coupled with the scalp(s), the quiet roads and the variety; it was just a great commute in.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    first time this year of 2 consecutive days commuting by bike ...

and a nice ride out in the sunshine at lunchtime (to deliver a parcel)

and it won't be dark on the way home either. I don't mind the dark - but if it's lighter it must be coming closer to summer .. :)
  • Tried a completely different route this morning and really enjoyed it. It even had 3 proper hills in it! Plus a potentially VERY scary section on a main A road that turned out to be perfectly fine (potholes filled in and very patient van drivers... no really). Coupled with the scalp(s), the quiet roads and the variety; it was just a great commute in.

You're going to have to be more specific than that! Are you trying a different way because of the roadworks / road closed on the hill out of Kegworth (Station Road?).
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!

You're going to have to be more specific than that! Are you trying a different way because of the roadworks / road closed on the hill out of Kegworth (Station Road?).

Nope. You can go through that section on a bike. I spoke to one of the contractors and they are doing electrical work down there (putting up street lights finally). You just stick to right hand side as you leave Kegworth (I came back along there last night)

I did the route down the A6, then through Zouch, Normanton, up the (quiet) hill to the A6006 (slightly hairy section) and down the dip to East Leake, Costock and up the A60 down Bunny Hill. That route... it's really good, the bit through Zouch was the worry.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • I agree, Zouch can be a nightmare with the traffic and the dodgy road surface. Interestingly you'll have ridden past the local swingers club (on the industrial estate part way up that hill)- I kid you not).
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • I agree, Zouch can be a nightmare with the traffic and the dodgy road surface. Interestingly you'll have ridden past the local swingers club (on the industrial estate part way up that hill)- I kid you not).

Not THAT hill - the one that goes up to the A6006 from Normanton (opposite that Olde English Pub).

Wait. There's a swingers club??? How did you know about it??? :shock:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Oh that hill, yeah that's pretty good and more importantly, pretty traffic free.

And how do I know about the club? Errr, oooh, aaah. Actually it's pretty dull, there's a car customisation place on that industrial estate that used to have our telephone number. I had to Google them to find out why people rang us asking for them and somehow came upon that club (if you'll pardon the turn of phrase).
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ordered one pair of Buddy flaps and got sent two pairs and Camelot are giving me some of their money after my ticket came up on Thunderball.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • YES, YES, YES AND MORE YES!!!!

I've only gone and got myself a new job.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The question now is whether I can hack doubling my commute. Every day.
  • veronese68
    Excellent well done. Regarding the commute, you won't know unless you try. Do it a couple of times a week, then after a bit 3 times and so on.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    The question now is whether I can hack doubling my commute. Every day.

I'm trying to do that at the moment (double my commute length). 2nd day today and I want to go to bed now - it's 8.30 :( .
  • The current commute is only 6 miles, 12 should be ok. It's an absolute pain in the ass to get to otherwise (2 buses), or I buy a second car!
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I do 20 each way, each day. You do get used to it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.