Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Helped two younger ladies find their hotel on the way home tonight, my good deed done for the day.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    Tickets for a footie match next Wednesday between Barcelona and PSG purchased tonight.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My Inflite is being assembled!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Asprilla wrote:

What?! I ordered mine first!
    Bastards :evil: :roll:

It's because yours is red, therefore faster
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Asprilla wrote:

So what, they email you to say it's being built? And then again when shipping? Mine's supposed to be shipped this week but I've heard nothing...
  • dhope
    Mine's supposed to be shipped this week but I've heard nothing...
    +1
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • il_principe
    dhope wrote:
    +1

It's infuriating. I get the impression that Germany keep the UK team in the dark much of the time. They must have a build schedule so surel it wouldn't be difficult to let customers know at the start of the week if there bike is scheduled, even if there's a chance it might slip. I know I will get an email late today/tomorrow saying it is delayed again...

I see from Twitter that someone in Spain had received a Dura Ace Di2 equipped Aeroad. So there are some out there in the wild.
  • asprilla
    dhope wrote:
    +1

According to the email I'll get another in 48hrs with my shipping details.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    +1

Update: my bike is with UPS.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • dhope
    Asprilla wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    +1

Update: my bike is with UPS.
    fskingn afdno nefaniponaeipfgn efipnp#afn~!!!!!!

Enjoy :?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Canyon's should be cheap when you consider the emotional roller coaster buyers have to take a trip on as various estimated delivery dates come and go. Maybe you should charge them for the emotional distress caused :P
  • il_principe
    My Aeroad is out for delivery today.

09rC7qH.png

Today is my Birthday. :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    My Aeroad is out for delivery today.

09rC7qH.png

Today is my Birthday. :D

Croydon! i hope its well insured :lol:

happy birthday OLD MAN
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I got my tickets for the final of the World Darts Championship at the Alexandra Palace London...
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Only taken 20 months for the other side to back down but we've agreed a settlement for my off, back in 2013.

Now to look slightly more seriously at the bike shed and see which bike has to go, as n+1 is no longer allowed
  • redvee
    Ordered from Wiggle on early Thursday morning and chose the tracked 24 hour delivery option, big mistake. Waiting in all afternoon Friday and checked the tracking at 16:00 to see 'Delivery attempted' message, went downstairs and checked the intercom was working and picked up the card and took to twitter to get the matter sorted after rearranging delivery for Monday. After an exchange of Tweets with DX I had the delivery changed from Monday to Saturday between 1300 & 1700 and had a courtesy call at 09:30 this morning. Parcel delivered at 13:30 Saturday.
  • dhope
    Your Canyon order is on its way to you
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • il_principe
    dhope wrote:

Whoop!
  • veronese68
    dhope wrote:

Whoop!
    Will they deliver Wednesday night to Thursday morning?
  • il_principe
    Lol. You might get lucky on Xmas eve though. Mine was dispatched Mon and arrived Weds. Wonder what UPS xmas hours are like?
  • asprilla
    Could be interesting.

I had notification of the shipping label for the stuff I ordered with my £100 credit on Friday, but since then it hasn't changed status. I dunno what that means, but it hasn't been scanned by UPS yet.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • dhope
    Veronese68 wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Whoop!
    Will they deliver Wednesday night to Thursday morning?
    Not sure it'll fit through the chimney
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    Could be interesting.

I had notification of the shipping label for the stuff I ordered with my £100 credit on Friday, but since then it hasn't changed status. I dunno what that means, but it hasn't been scanned by UPS yet.
    Assuming it's the same UPS system we have in this place the notification goes out when the consignment number is generated. It is then scanned by their driver when collected from our warehouse, from that point it should start to show movement. Very rarely do we generate a number and it not move the same day as everything has to be packed up and ready before you can generate the consignment number.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    First day back on the bike after a week .... wasn't fast despite the tailwind ... just nice being back on the bike and another 9 miles off the final few miles required to reach target this year.
  • asprilla
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Could be interesting.

Assuming it's the same UPS system we have in this place the notification goes out when the consignment number is generated. It is then scanned by their driver when collected from our warehouse, from that point it should start to show movement. Very rarely do we generate a number and it not move the same day as everything has to be packed up and ready before you can generate the consignment number.

Suddenly it's arrived in the UK and is out on the van for delivery. I'm going away for Xmas at lunch time so we'll see, but the last two came post 6pm.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    Suddenly it's arrived in the UK and is out on the van for delivery. I'm going away for Xmas at lunch time so we'll see, but the last two came post 6pm.
    Good that it's out for delivery. We've just had notification that all of our UPS air shipments have been delayed 24 hours. I've been telling customers that all bets are off with delivery times since yesterday anyway, best to cover yourself just in case so as to avoid disappointing them.
  • I've been frustratingly watching my delivery from Pedaled grind its way from Verona via DHL. It arrived in Milan at 07:20 on Friday morning and there it sat until Monday morning. I don't even know if they've sent both items of clothing I ordered. Good luck with the Canyon

On the anti-rant side though, I had a rant a while back at Sonos about their new format iPad controller. They called me to talk about it and have now invited me to be on their beta testing programme.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Lol. You might get lucky on Xmas eve though. Mine was dispatched Mon and arrived Weds. Wonder what UPS xmas hours are like?

Ordered a Canyon on the 15th Dec.

Sent from the factory on the 22nd Dec 09:09.

Arrived 24Th Dec 11:42.

Can't fault the courier for 50 hours 33 mins from door to door. Germany to Yorkshire and at Christmas.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Last day of the year and I rode into work ... on my winter road bike rather than my commute bike ... so much faster :)
  • redvee
    Was looking at booking the Sunday of Paris-Roubaix off work but that Sunday is a rest day for me so a days holiday saved.