Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• behind the Palais a chap on a moped moved aside to let me into the ASL. Freshley emboldened at Trafalgar Sq I asked a trainee cabbie if I could squeeze past and he said "of course mate" and duly did so.
  • End of last week.

Cycling up Hills Road in Cambridge, and stop at a pedestrian crossing. I always make sure i'm uber responsible at crossings as there are literally hundreds of idiots who charge straight through them every time.

Lights change and off i go. I was passed a hundred yards or so up the road by a bus, the driver of which honks his horn and gives a huge grin and a thumbs up as he goes past! As i got to the next lights and passed on the right he had his window open and said "I always see you stop at the lights! Well done mate!"

A couple of days earlier, there was a police officer/special constable/whatever standing 10 yards past each of the ped crossings on Hills Road waiting to pull folk over. It's a shame that it is needed, but it is.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Just found a roasted and salted maggot in a bag of Asda's Roasted and Salted Pistachios.

This post is in this thread because I'm just glad that I didn't find half a maggot...
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    This morning, commuting heading west along the A315. Felt the presence of someone taking my wheel - doesn't normally bother me as I don't mind people drafting as long as they don't ride so close I can feel their breath. I pointed out holes and obstacles like a good person and he stuck there for a fair while and as I turned off right, said "pleasure riding with you, thanks!" and I thought "ah, that's nice"... :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Half way through the working week, one more day till it's over.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    redvee wrote:
    :evil:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • redvee
    dhope wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    :evil:

Failed to mention I went back to work yesterday after six days off, then back to work next Wednesday when I finish tonight.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Rant: wife away until Sunday.

Anti-rant: man cooks 2 home made burgers of awesomeness and washes them down with a westmalle dubbel. There may also be another beer (can't remember which) in the fridge.

Mmm, burgers and beer. Oh, and some cycling on Eurosport!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    Karmaliet tripel it would seem. I will sleep well tonight!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Nearly run off the road tonight by a c*ck in a Audi.. Anti-rant? It happened right outside my house and the Audi twunt lives just across the road.

Currently deciding whether to let their tires down or just write them a nice letter asking them what the actual f**k they were doing nearly knocking me off in a effort to get home 2 seconds faster.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • redvee
    Got my name down for this next year and free entry too. I had entered before the date was announced.

http://www.greatwestonride.com/index.htm
  • menthel
    menthel wrote:
    Karmaliet tripel it would seem. I will sleep well tonight!

This and the preceeding beer have not left me on top form this morning...
    RIP commute...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    MrSweary wrote:
    Nearly run off the road tonight by a c*ck in a Audi.. Anti-rant? It happened right outside my house and the Audi twunt lives just across the road.

Currently deciding whether to let their tires down or just write them a nice letter asking them what the actual f**k they were doing nearly knocking me off in a effort to get home 2 seconds faster.
    Audi drivers, say no more. I was nearly squished by one with quite a distinctive number plate a couple of months ago, recognised it as the same twunt that tried to wipe me out a couple of years ago when I was on a motorbike. Saw the car recently parked not far from my house, now I know where he lives. I haven't done anything yet but am sorely tempted to leave a note telling him to be more careful around vulnerable road users as I know where he lives. Might make him think twice.
    I hate my Audi, maybe its that hatred that makes them drive like twunts.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    was running a bit late on the ride in this morning ... but didn't push too hard .. came across a lad riding the same way as me (this is very unusual) - caught him up on a climb (:D) and then dragged him a long for a mile or so, he then took his turn and our combined pace was higher than my usual ... so several PBs along the way :)
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    No commute tomorrow morning :(

Because

:mrgreen:
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Extended ride home. 25km in just shy of an hour. About half of that I think was getting through the Kensington/ Hammersmith clusterf*ck. Hammersmith to Barnes and a quick jaunt from Richmond Gate to Kingston Gate in the gloaming. Got there just as a lady was opening the gate to get her car out. So nice not having to fight through traffic.
  • redvee
    vermin wrote:
    No commute tomorrow morning :(

Because

:mrgreen:

I hope I don't repost this in the Rants thread as an earworm tomorrow :shock:
  • Last day in the office before two weeks off. First real break since Christmas.

£32 for a return flight to Dublin (not for the whole two weeks).

Mountain bike cleaned and polished ready for trip to Wales.

Just accepted an offer on my house. Last tie to the ex-wife!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Mull.
    mull.jpg
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    ^^^ Very nice.
    It was beautiful in Bushy Park this morning, bit of low mist over the pond and the deer were all getting a bit frisky in the background.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Come back from holiday and find that work has installed a shower :D
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    gbsahne wrote:
    Come back from holiday and find that work has installed a shower :D
    Where your desk used to be? :wink:
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    The Gareth Thomas biography I transcribed is finished and in a bookshop/tax-dodging internet book retailing site near you and I've just been given a new transcription job on a book about football managers. The dulcet tones of Roberto Martinez await me this weekend. Given that the proceeds from this little sideline have so far paid for an iPad, half a car and a new iron I am pretty happy. Even paid tax on it too, unlike some tax-dodging book internet retail sites....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    If you'd ditched the iron and iPad you could have bought a whole car ;-)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I know what an iPhone, an iPod and an iPad are, but what is an iRon?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    New bike has been dispatched.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I cycled in today. It was raining. I got soaked. It was fun.
  • Brand new CR1 got a kink in front tyre after 30 miles so over 20mph felt like going over rumble strips... why is this an anti-rant? well rather than swapping for similar tyre I upgraded to Conti GP4S for just £43. I am getting to rather like Evans in Canary Wharf
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Isn't it nice to be able to listen to a nice cosy chat on the wireless between two good friends discussing the return of a Labour govt, without the interviewee constantly being interrupted or heckled for daring to put forward an opinion or maybe outlining some plans that even my dog thought maybe they don't quite add up? It's nice that the interviewer puts the question - something like 'how nice will the labour govt be to kittens, poor children and old ladies?', then sits back to let her good chum the shadow minister ramble on uninterrupted save for the chummy giggles - you can almost see one hand gently resting on the other's shoulder as they smile at each other.

Thanks Martha and Yvette for a real challenging political interview. Let's hope that WATO can continue this new sense of chumminess & of letting the interviewee make his / her point without being shouted down, harangued and punched & kicked to the floor for not being of the correct hue, over the next couple of media love-ins I mean Party Conferences..
  • It's always a good day when you get a blatant grin from an attractive lady overtaking you in traffic.

(I'd passed her earlier when the traffic was slow moving, she came past again when it opened up)

So... when the traffic snarled up once more on an uphill stretch I just had to get out the saddle and give her the patented "Arse Clench" (TM) as I overtook :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter