Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    My 26 month rent contract is up for renewal soon. Contractually landlord (who is a perfect landlord - fixes stuff instantly, replaces white goods as soon as they break and gets good quality replacements which he lets us pick, uses good quality workmen to fix up the place, box in pipes for tidyness, all on his bill) is allowed to increase rent by RPI but never has.

Love where I live so keen to renew for another 2 years. I live in Fulham where house prices have grown by the teens % in the last year so was expecting a brutal rent rise.

For 2 year contract landlord has agreed to a 1.32% increase on the price I agreed 26 months ago.

Win!!!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    My preferred local pub has been overrun with kids a few times since it's been refurbished. Parents are too busy drinking and chatting to look after their kids. Upon asking some kids to stop jumping on furniture with shoes on the mother of the kids told the old boy that there was a new demographic now and he'd have to get used to it.
    The pub has now put up a child policy explaining that it is a predominantly adult environment and children are expected to sit with their parents and to behave in a way that does not upset other customers.
    They shouldn't have to put it in writing, but I'm glad they have.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Snow forecast for tomorrow morning! I might even get some use out of my schwalbe winters....
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    TimothyW wrote:
    Snow forecast for tomorrow morning! I might even get some use out of my schwalbe winters....

Ooh yeah:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... 1421107200
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My preferred local pub has been overrun with kids a few times since it's been refurbished. Parents are too busy drinking and chatting to look after their kids. Upon asking some kids to stop jumping on furniture with shoes on the mother of the kids told the old boy that there was a new demographic now and he'd have to get used to it.
    The pub has now put up a child policy explaining that it is a predominantly adult environment and children are expected to sit with their parents and to behave in a way that does not upset other customers.
    They shouldn't have to put it in writing, but I'm glad they have.

Did you tell them to turn the farking music off as well :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    My 26 month rent contract is up for renewal soon. Contractually landlord (who is a perfect landlord - fixes stuff instantly, replaces white goods as soon as they break and gets good quality replacements which he lets us pick, uses good quality workmen to fix up the place, box in pipes for tidyness, all on his bill) is allowed to increase rent by RPI but never has.

Love where I live so keen to renew for another 2 years. I live in Fulham where house prices have grown by the teens % in the last year so was expecting a brutal rent rise.

For 2 year contract landlord has agreed to a 1.32% increase on the price I agreed 26 months ago.

Win!!!!

did you ever see the landlord in the league of gentlemen? :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    itboffin wrote:
    did you ever see the landlord in the league of gentlemen? :lol:

You mean this one?
    http://vimeo.com/68618204 :lol:
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    First bike commute of the year today.

It's been a mixture of bad weather, no MTFU and no drive .... not that I haven't been on my bike, I have .. just not commuting

Anyway, back on the bike this morning ... nice for a change ... :)
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Had a staff track session on the boards this morning at work and got right up to the top of the banking :-)

I am starting to like it....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    Had a staff track session on the boards this morning at work and got right up to the top of the banking :-)

Excellent. Does it feel as steep when riding as when you look down?
  • itboffin
    the only track i've ridden around is the outdoor one at welwyn garden city and to be honest i didnt notice, is that anything like an indoor track?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I think Gosling is like an outdoor track but with a bit of banking - it doesn't look as steep as ours.

It was really good though - didn't feel as steep when I was riding, although I was told to look where I was going, rather than down :-) If anything, it feels slightly flatter the higher up you go, especially if you approach it from a fairly wide angle and as fast as you can....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    msmancunia wrote:

Go clockwise, it's even more fun :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I didn't get a place in the Ride 100 ballot...

Why an anti-rant?
    I was first out the hat in the club ballot for a place so I should be doing it anyway :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • R4skob
    R4skob Posts: 40
    Convinced a friend to start commuting by bike, road her route with her over the weekend so she knew the way and glad to hear she did it this morning :D
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Purchase of snow tyres was not a waste of money! SNOW!

Now I just need it to snow sufficiently that I don't have to go to work and can spend the day riding...
  • slowbike
    TimothyW wrote:
    Purchase of snow tyres was not a waste of money! SNOW!

Now I just need it to snow sufficiently that I don't have to go to work and can spend the day riding...

Saw the snow this morning (well - the wife told me - I was still in bed) and thought - yup - put the spiked tyres on and ride to work you lazy git ... so I did ... :)
    Didn't really need the spiked tyres as the main road was clear, but it's nice to have the knowledge that it's all ok even if they are much harder work ...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Voicemail from my Dad this morning, once I listened to it I deleted it and finally got rid of the voicemail symbol I've had on my phone for 3 months despite not having any voicemails.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Newly fitted everything and the ride in was

526c4a5149b3aac81706a91c3d24bf95a94f503f23ecb60810933016dd67c798.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • sswiss
    sswiss Posts: 354
    Foot Up Commute - wonders will never cease!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    sswiss wrote:
    As rare and as mystical as a "self-wiper".
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • slowbike
    elbowloh wrote:
    sswiss wrote:

Not really - most of my commutes are foot up ...

On my ride out to the pub (the long way round) I was going to change the battery in my second light as soon as I stopped ... which was once I arrived at the pub - 12 miles later! (don't worry - it was a shorter ride home after a couple ... ;) )
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Slowbike wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    sswiss wrote:

On my ride out to the pub (the long way round) I was going to change the battery in my second light as soon as I stopped ... which was once I arrived at the pub - 12 miles later! (don't worry - it was a shorter ride home after a couple ... ;) )
    You obviously don't use the CS7.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • slowbike
    elbowloh wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    sswiss wrote:

You obviously don't use the CS7.

nope - thankfully !! :D
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    The boy finally managed to ride his bike!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    menthel wrote:
    Nice. :D
  • Sunday morning pootle with a couple of mates, almost 40km of fairly flat route, on a SS converted MTB. Lovely day out.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • menthel
    Veronese68 wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Nice. :D

It was rather. What was even better was that he was even more proud of himself than we were!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    They do Tunnocks caramel wafers in a giant size now!
    RIP commute...
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    menthel wrote:
    They do Tunnocks caramel wafers in a giant size now!
    They have been in the vending machine where I work for ages!