Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Rolf F wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Blagged a Tour of Britain goody bag by using my Googlefu. The tour people put a question out on Twitter asking where did Andrei Greipel win his stages in the ToB? A quick Google and I had my answers.

Enjoy your tourist map of Stoke on Trent! :lol:

Most disappointed as there was no map of Stoke on Trent :( , instead I had:
      Electron milli front & rear USB lights Pearl Izumi cyclone gloves Skoda lanyard Puncture outfit Rouleur musette Pearl Izumi bottle Ozone elite warming oil Collins cycling quiz book Collins Road atlas Pearl Izumi tour series programme Friends life womens tour programme
    :):)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Out in Morden Hall Park- the weather is just right, the boy is paddling in the wandle and all seems right with the world.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    menthel wrote:
    [...] the boy is paddling in the wandle [...]
    :shock:
    Wow; when I last lived nearby, people used it to dip-strip frames/bedsteads/pine doors etc.
  • menthel
    DrLex wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    [...] the boy is paddling in the wandle [...]
    :shock:
    Wow; when I last lived nearby, people used it to dip-strip frames/bedsteads/pine doors etc.

It's an amazing transformation- it's very clean through the park (and in general). I have lived in the environs of the wandle all my life and we would never have played in it as kids!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • menthel
    edited July 2014
    Me again, firstly anti-rant to confirm that the boy hasn't caught Weil's disease from the Wandle. Or cholera or the plague.

Secondly, thankyou to the woman who stopped and asked if I was ok whilst I was repairing my puncture this morning. The only one to show such care! :)
    RIP commute...
  • menthel
    Oh, and one more thing- the elastic cord on my alpkit rucksack broke- I emailed them and they have emailed back saying they will stick another in the post- what great customer services!
    RIP commute...
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    menthel wrote:
    Oh, and one more thing- the elastic cord on my alpkit rucksack broke- I emailed them and they have emailed back saying they will stick another in the post- what great customer services!

Similar experience with Exposure lights. One of their tiny little RedEye Micro things broke. I phoned them, then turned up on their doorstep, and they sent me on my way with a no-questions-asked replacement and a "happy riding!".
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Back to work today after a week off and I find a hand addressed envelope on my desk.

I open it up and there is a letter in their from my boss thanking me for all my hard work over the first quarter of the year and telling me that I should expect a nice little bonus in my wages... (I never open my wage slips)...Ii was umming and ahhing about buying somethings in my wiggle basket. Trigger now pulled.

Its nice to be appreciated.

oh and i rode my bike today, first time in 3 weeks.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I gave up smoking 1 year ago today.

I might have a Cigar in celebration.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • j_mcd
    j_mcd Posts: 473
    The simplest of anti-rants...

It's beautiful weather out there for cycling. And, oddly, the enforced walk across Putney Bridge made me appreciate it even more.
    Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
    Planet X London Road - Wet
    Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days
  • menthel
    Have been off this week with the family having fun in general. Was allowed out on my own this morning and had a nice 70km cycle up over Ranmore Common (I didn't have to get off- one demon slain) and Box Hill. I had made such good time over Ranmore etc that I diverted to Pilgrim Cycles on the way to Box Hill for a coffee and a kitkat. What a superb shop! I had a nice chat with the owner, admired the collection of Dawes and Surly bikes he has in stock- in fact he had a long haul trucker that would be perfect for the wife. Having had 10 mins there I didn't stop at the top of Box Hill and had a lovely cycle home instead. The weather was wonderful and it was nice to be out on the bike.
    RIP commute...
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    24th and final mortgage payment at absurd initial rate. Thanks to the property bubble next term is much more affordable. Missus has already spent the money in her head mind you. And I still only have 2 bikes. Come to think of it this should probably be in rants.....
  • It's extremely childish but there was no one around on the railway bridge so I rode up and over the steps which was a hoot!
  • menthel
    I know most people think that the Surrey Hills are over rated but quite frankly they are beautiful. For a place so close to London, it really is quiet and so nice to cycle round. The scenery is lovely, many of the back roads are empty and there are great places to stop for something to eat and drink. Did a wonderful 100km with a friend today and finished tired but very happy and relaxed!
    RIP commute...
  • I went on a very rare date yesterday (off the bike for post Olympic distance tri recovery). Explored the pubs and country lanes in and around Chichester. After going through a rather stressful and upsetting divorce it was nice to spend time with someone beautiful, engaging and who even paid me a couple of compliments (not had that for a few years).
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Settling down to watch my boss pit his wits (or rather legs) in the roller challenge on the Cycle Show tonight :shock:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    msmancunia wrote:
    Settling down to watch my boss pit his wits (or rather legs) in the roller challenge on the Cycle Show tonight :shock:

I'm sure you'd beat him quite easily too. I've yet to watch the program so no spoilers please.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    redvee wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I'm sure you'd beat him quite easily too. I've yet to watch the program so no spoilers please.

I'd have no chance. He usually does 40 miles a day three days a week through the Peak District on a Brompton plus a club run (or two) at the weekend and all his cyclo-cross.

(and it's "programme")

Yours sincerely,

A Pedant :lol:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    SWMBO cheered me up no end this morning, after I suggested she have her breakfast out side on her new table/chairs (in our NE facing yard )
    "I'll wait until the sun comes round" she said
    Erm, never going to happen my dear, or a very long wait while the earth's rotation changes
  • redvee
    msmancunia wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I'd have no chance. He usually does 40 miles a day three days a week through the Peak District on a Brompton plus a club run (or two) at the weekend and all his cyclo-cross.

(and it's "programme")

Yours sincerely,

A Pedant :lol:

Yes Miss.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Huge thank you to the quite astonishingly patient lorry driver this morning.

Teenager on a BSO struggling up an incline with this artic waiting behind him while I'm approaching down the slope. There's a right turn for me here, I've indicated and moved over to turn right, just as the teen gives up climbing the hill and gets off the road in front of the lorry (right at the junction)

Rather than correctly pulling past and turning left (all lorries have to) he waves me through... knowing full well he's letting another cyclist in front of him, potentially slowing him again.

I gave him a huge wave of thanks and proceeded to give it full beans down that stretch so I was clear of where he would pull in (depot) way before he got there :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Every morning now I pass a gent in full on eighties shell suit and sweat bands who is out doing his morning power walk. Every morning he gives me a cheery hello and wave which I return with gusto. Puts me in a good mood to face the hive of scum and villany that are south London roads. Sadly it doesn't last, but still...
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,711
    The metal braket for my Hope V-Twin broke.

Hope sent me a new one, for free. Didn't even want me to pay postage. How good is that?
  • redvee
    Escaped the worst of Bertha today apart from some wind on the way home from work.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    I go on holiday to Tuscany tomorrow. No work until September, except for possibly some catalogue writing if I get a chance. And, the solicitors rang to tell me the cheque has arrived from my accident. So I've started new bike shopping, n+2 is allowed I presume.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I go on holiday to Tuscany tomorrow. No work until September, except for possibly some catalogue writing if I get a chance. And, the solicitors rang to tell me the cheque has arrived from my accident. So I've started new bike shopping, n+2 is allowed I presume.

fantastic what flavour of bike where you thinking?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Veronese68 wrote:

Probably a Cotic 29er and an old steel road bike for me. Enjoying the searching at the moment.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Probably a Cotic 29er and an old steel road bike for me. Enjoying the searching at the moment.

The Cotic comes in green so that would seem apt!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Strava has messed up a pan flat section of my extended commute and classed it as a Cat 4 climb, so I've now got a KOM :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter