Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    From the Rants Thread:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Double checked my booking for this week and it has changed so that I'll now be working with an instructor I told the office I never want to work with again.
    Couple that with the instructor I was working with last week and I now beginning to wonder what I've done to warrant two weeks of instructors I don't like, especially as I get on with, and work well with, EVERY other instructor I've ever worked with.

Very "grrrrrr"!!
    It turns out that this instructor was nowhere near as bad as I feared and even apologised for being a git the last time we worked together.

What I fully expected to be a really crappy working week turned out OK in the end. I had my neighbour in stiches when I showed her my cyclist's tan.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I had my neighbour in stiches when I showed her my cyclist's tan.

Simialr comments were forthcoming from work colleagues tonight as I changed to ride home, one was 'nice t-shirt' :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • EKE_38BPM
    redvee wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I had my neighbour in stiches when I showed her my cyclist's tan.

Simialr comments were forthcoming from work colleagues tonight as I changed to ride home, one was 'nice t-shirt' :lol:
    Are you Black too?

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited June 2014
    Enjoyed the football.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited June 2014
    Duplicate post.
  • redvee
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Are you Black too?

No, just the red arms & neck clashing with the milky white body.
  • EKE_38BPM
    redvee wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Are you Black too?

The bits of you that are red are a darker than usual brown with me.

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Are you Black too?

The bits of you that are red are a darker than usual brown with me.

Yes, you are rather less... "amusing" in that situation than I am.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    CiB wrote:
    Enjoyed the football.
    That was much better pre-edit.
  • redvee
    After checking all the bolts associated with the pannier rack, chain tugs and anything else that could work loose on the back of the bike I've finally cured the high pitched rattle.

Turns out it was the chain
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    £400 suit for £175. Sometimes it's rude to say no.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've just met Thor, the Norse God of Thunder.

I asked him to bless me with tailwinds whenever I ride but it turns out he's not real and is actually some Australian actor dude. Still, nice bloke though. He's also massive.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Woke up early this morning ... so went the long way to work ... normally 11 miles + <500ft, this time, 24 miles +1700ft.
    Not quite a total anti-rant as within the first 100 yards of getting on a country A road I had a white pickup truck do a close pass - twat ... but it was the first car to pass me in 7 miles :)

tractor driver said thanks when I waved him thanks once his trailer had past me (he gave me loads of room)
    PB on a downhill section (I was generally doing a tempo ride - couldn't resist this one though)
    Just 10.5 miles needed to get my weekly target :)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Wife sold her horse today, and so I dragged out the pony caravan to take it to its new abode a few miles away. With the nag went a similar volume & weight of equestrian ephemera, most of which I've never seen before, and a lot of which looked suspiciously unused. Summer rug, spring rug, mid-summer turnout rug, autumn stable fleece, winter field coat - there must have been a dozen garments for the seasonal demands of a breed that a few thousand years back relied on hair alone. And then the mountain of tack! I don't think I'll ever have to explain or justify another bike-related purchase again! There's also a slim chance that I can get her riding a dandy horse instead...
  • asprilla
    Starting a new job today. Will be back in central London and back on Embankment. Woot.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Asprilla wrote:
    Starting a new job today. Will be back in central London and back on Embankment. Woot.

Er, thought you had the flu?! Sounds like just a mild case of man flu to me :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    It can't have been too bad if he was contemporaneously posting about it... </sympathy>
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    The kids out doing (presumably) DoE in the Surrey Hills who (2 different groups) gave me and the missus a cheery wave and shouted "cool bike" at us as we rode past! :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    mroli wrote:
    The kids out doing (presumably) DoE in the Surrey Hills who (2 different groups) gave me and the missus a cheery wave and shouted "cool bike" at us as we rode past! :D
    My son is doing his this weekend. When they did the practise hike they did comment on how cheery the cyclists were when they said hello, mainly MTB's on an organised Evans ride I believe.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Went on holiday. Had a lovely time with Mrs and Little toes.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    First ride on the fixed in about a year this morning after laziness followed by geared riding.
    I am slow and ungainly.
    I remember why I like riding fixed.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Lovely day for a bounce down and up the north downs, followed old roman roads for most part, lovely deep gullies.

imagejpg1_zpsd7aaefe5.jpg
  • asprilla
    Lockers at the new office are air-conned so your kit dries in them. Nice.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Surbiton Cycles a joy to deal with and post service my bike is running better than new (well I did buy from Evans)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Extended commute home from 10 to 30 miles .... Nice evening for it, should've taken some food though, but I did PB on a 7.5 mile segment I was targeting, and more importantly, did a quicker time than a club mate who put in a faster time last month ... Nice to claw that one back.... Just need to take 1.5 mins off to get KOM now .... :)
  • listening to all the irate drivers honking their horns impatiently in traffic whilst I cruise along with not a care in the world.

Maybe they should try cycling
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    listening to all the irate drivers honking their horns impatiently in traffic whilst I cruise along with not a care in the world.

Maybe they should try cycling

If you don't enjoy honking your horn then you're not doing it right.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,104
    10 o'clock meeting in Kew, so after a rare treat of dropping the littl'un off at school, a nice ride up past Morden Hall Park, Wbdn Common and across Putney Heath. The meeting went on a bit, so the ride back to the office resulted has resulted in a few pink bits from the midday sun. A fun skitter along the gravelly river path to Mortlake then up through Barnes and Castelnau to Hammersmith Bridge and straight in to HSK, HPC, and on to Farringdon. Only downside was the clusterf*** that is Piccadilly. And to think I used to commute regularly along there!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • asprilla
    I went through Piccadilly in the morning yesterday and it was fine. Attempted it on the way home and if was the aforementioned disaster.

Need to find a route from Wigmore St to Embankment that isn't total garbage.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Bloke at work has a new bike and has been bragging to everyone about how it only takes him 35 minutes to get home.
    (My record is 45 minutes with an 18 mph tailwind.)

Rode home with him last night. I went at my normal pace, happily chatting away.
    He was blowing out of his arse at the 6 mile mark. Had to have a 5 minute break at the 9 mile mark. Got home in 1hr 10 minutes.
    He's driven in today because his legs are too tired. :lol:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)