Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Bread and butter pudding with whipped cream. That is all.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • This is a double anti-rant :)

I'm going to be in Barcelona on the weekend of 14th/15th June (will be my first visit)

I'm cycling there from London (starting tomorrow) :D:D

Is there a better way to travel?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sort of said yes to doing a London to Paris ride for the local air ambulance. Got the time off work so no real excuse anymore.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    First commute in on the Madone today... Such a purdy bike, slightly scary to have about £2.5K of road bike in the bike shed though

Over 3 minutes quicker than a tailwind assisted ride on the Felt and I had a mild headwind.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    PB on the ride in today - but then I was testing the TT setup with the new bar end shifters. Nice day for it and nice day for an extended ride ... pity I forgot to bring a pump with me :( Oh well, I'll risk a 10 mile ride home and pick up the other bike for another ride out then :)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I complained to waitrose that they stopped selling Duvel in my local store.

Yesterday i received £12 worth of Gift vouchers for waitrose with a note apologising and telling me to have a couple of bottles on us (which is available from another store just down the road).

Free booze for the win.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Did a climbing and descending workshop at Cadence with Matteo Carrara. As part of the workshop, we did a couple hills in Kent. Must have learned something as I got a PR up Chalkpit 8)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    First commute in on the Madone today... Such a purdy bike, slightly scary to have about £2.5K of road bike in the bike shed though

Over 3 minutes quicker than a tailwind assisted ride on the Felt and I had a mild headwind.

My similarly-priced Roubaix is often the only bike in the racks behind the office, visible in all its glory to users of the busy public footpath 20' away. Fortunately, the intervening picket fence & moat are sufficient deterrents to opportunistic miscreants & ne'er-do-wells.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Lots of DIY chores on sunday, was finally allowed a pass at about 4:30 so went out for the best ride i've had all year through the Kent countryside (Tonbridge, Penshurst, Fordcombe, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge). Not only was the weather and scenery stunning, but every single driver gave me a really wide pass. Bliss.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    IMG_1118_zpsaded2614.jpg

Looking after folks place and dog, so there be hills and mountains (just) to ride over with the hound.

also for tonights entertainment have, bees lots of bees. imagejpg1_zpsabb742bb.jpg
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:
    Passed a work colleague in the last mile and half of the ride to work. He had to either walk through this http://instagram.com/p/oazTvaEmgO/ and get very wet feet or a four mile detour. I rode through slowly on the way to work, the ride home was different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNXAEbCGkg

Reported this on the CTC fillthathole site on Thursday and it is the responsibility of the Highways Agency. Rode in on Saturday dinnertime and it was still flooded, rode home the same way saturday night and the plugged had been pulled so the 'bath' was empty, still some small branches left behind but they were cleared today by myself.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Nice commute home yesterday - just a short detour, normally 11 miles, this time it was 35 ... met my wife on route and stopped off to pick up a Chinese takeaway ... even managed to dodge the rain :)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The weather tomorrow looks lovely and so I've got the day off and a nice cycling related plan.

I'll drop some wheels I'm selling into my LBS for a service and to try out a Cotic Escapade they have in. Then it's off to Sigma to try out TT bikes and take back a saddle I don't need. Spot of lunch in Richmond or Kingston and then I'll pootle into town to go for a spin session at the Athlete Lab with Laura Trott complete with selfies and signings.

Then I'll pootle home a broken man.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Asprilla wrote:
    The weather tomorrow looks lovely and so I've got the day off and a nice cycling related plan.

I'll drop some wheels I'm selling into my LBS for a service and to try out a Cotic Escapade they have in. Then it's off to Sigma to try out TT bikes and take back a saddle I don't need. Spot of lunch in Richmond or Kingston and then I'll pootle into town to go for a spin session at the Athlete Lab with Laura Trott complete with selfies and signings.

Does that make you a top fundraiser for Bliss?
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:

Does that make you a top fundraiser for Bliss?

I came third, but the chap who finished second can't make it tomorrow so I'm in by default.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    That's an excellent anti-rant! Have a great time :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Off to the first day of the first test at lords in glorious weather! Lovely.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • asprilla
    msmancunia wrote:

14F8302D-A6C5-4C59-B302-0EB3523B5C8A_zps8rejpb8y.jpg

That would be me standing to her immediate right (as you look at the picture).

Good day out.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Kieran_Burns
    Asprilla wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Good day out.

Finally. An advantage of being a short-arse :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Asprilla wrote:

Good day out.

And I never realized you are a girl! :)

Must have been a great day
  • asprilla
    (As you look at the picture)
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • msmancunia
    Asprilla wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Good day out.

Great stuff!

We had a couple of competition winners in yesterday - they both got to go to the Bike Rooms and pick out a Pinarello each, had it fitted, and had a session on the track and lunch with a rider. My colleague who had to chaperone them all day said that it was one of the best working days she's had - she was as excited as the winners.

And an anti-rant from me - after fitting my new Gatorskins and cutting my fingers down to stumps in the process, I'm riding up to Saddleworth after work with a friend because it's Band Day! (watch Brassed Off if you don't know what that is). I am so excited I can barely concentrate on typing up my minutes. Bike riding, a dry summer night, music, and alcohol. What more could a girl want?
  • Kieran_Burns
    msmancunia wrote:
    And an anti-rant from me - after fitting my new Gatorskins and cutting my fingers down to stumps in the process, I'm riding up to Saddleworth after work with a friend because it's Band Day! (watch Brassed Off if you don't know what that is). I am so excited I can barely concentrate on typing up my minutes. Bike riding, a dry summer night, music, and alcohol. What more could a girl want?

Don't shoot the messenger here, but the Thunderstorm due to hit later has just appeared on the rain radar....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    msmancunia wrote:
    What more could a girl want?
    Me?
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger here, but the Thunderstorm due to hit later has just appeared on the rain radar....

Kieran/Ciaran/Keeron/Kieron

I don't look at weather forecasts. They are never ever correct because I have my own personal microcosm of rain that follows me round whenever I'm in a bad mood. Today I'm in a good mood so it's disappeared.

Besides, there's always a pub to shelter in up there. Or ten :D
  • msmancunia
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Me?

Lol - that was perfect timing.

Where were you last night when I said a Very Bad Word that was overheard by the old lady next door when I was trying to put those stupid Gatorskins on? Could have done with some muscle to get those things over the rim. :lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Me?

Where were you last night when I said a Very Bad Word that was overheard by the old lady next door when I was trying to put those stupid Gatorskins on? Could have done with some muscle to get those things over the rim. :lol:

You need to ensure there is plenty of lubrication when rolling some hard rubber over the rim
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    msmancunia wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Me?

Sorry, I must have missed your call.
    I don't think I could be called muscle either.
  • redvee
    C2W LoC was approved today, just need to get to the very LBS after doing the shopping and before I leave for work.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I extended my commute home yesterday afternoon - Not fast as I spent a fair bit pootling along chatting.

http://www.strava.com/activities/153166730

I went through the Goyt Valley:

14231438669_839e8b5caa.jpgExtended Commute by jimmypippa, on Flickr

14231639037_a8c352ec31.jpgExtended Commute by jimmypippa, on Flickr

800m of ascent in total[/quote]