Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Left work at 6pm, which is covered in the rants thread so had to contend with rush hour traffic. Sailed past 3 miles of slow moving traffic which was caused by 90% of the vehicles being single occupied. The only vehicles I saw at 100% capacity were motorbikes.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Afternoon all

So I’m riding down Putney High Street last night and like a good cyclist I stop at a red light. A proper hipster moped stops next to me on his British Racing Green Vespa in his wool coat and colourful scarf etc

We re waiting as you do, he occasionally revs his might engine. Then the light turns Green. Scooter Hypster opens the throttle full gas to pull a wheelie away from the lights like that Valentino Rossi guy. Scooter Flies up from underneath him as he slithers off the back and lands 5-10m away with a large bang (fair play to Scooter Hypster for landing on his feet.) He is left standing in the middle of Putney High Street like a lemon whilst I ride away laughing like I ve never laughed before.

Made my week that did!

Happy Easter
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Haha! Thats needed a picture!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    All data recovered from wifey's macbook.

"Mates rates" applied (even though i'm only an employee of a guy who knows the boss of this company) mean half price. All in £300 (plus the VAT).

A sore one, but not a marriage-killer! :roll: :)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Please please please - take a backup ... :)

Mac OS backup is simple enough
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    M&S spicy mango chutney jar fits neatly into a bottle cage; both jersey pocket and Indian dinner saved.
  • redvee
    ddraver wrote:
    Afternoon all

So I’m riding down Putney High Street last night and like a good cyclist I stop at a red light. A proper hipster moped stops next to me on his British Racing Green Vespa in his wool coat and colourful scarf etc

We re waiting as you do, he occasionally revs his might engine. Then the light turns Green. Scooter Hypster opens the throttle full gas to pull a wheelie away from the lights like that Valentino Rossi guy. Scooter Flies up from underneath him as he slithers off the back and lands 5-10m away with a large bang (fair play to Scooter Hypster for landing on his feet.) He is left standing in the middle of Putney High Street like a lemon whilst I ride away laughing like I ve never laughed before.

Made my week that did!

Happy Easter

Saw similar at a petrol station, two kids put 2 pints of petrol in each of their mopeds, one was riding normally, the other was revving the engine. As they both left the forecourt onto the road, the one revving the engine lost it and the bike spun round as the rear tyre lost traction and he ended up on the road beside his moped.
  • redvee
    Had my performance reviews from January, February and March and January was my worst month with my performance only being 127%, March was 140%.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    corriebee1 wrote:
    All data recovered from wifey's macbook.

"Mates rates" applied (even though i'm only an employee of a guy who knows the boss of this company) mean half price. All in £300 (plus the VAT).

A sore one, but not a marriage-killer! :roll: :)

Woohoo. At least it's sorted!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    What a beautiful morning! Had three laps round RiP and it warmed up nicely.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Old MTB had to go to the LBS as forks and a few other bits and bobs had failed, so I've been back on public transport today I was so happy to pick up the bike this afternoon! It's so much easier on the bike, even a old heavy beastie!
  • redvee
    It's so much easier on the bike, even for an old heavy beastie like me

FTFY :lol:
  • roger_merriman
    redvee wrote:
    It's so much easier on the bike, even for an old heavy beastie like me

FTFY :lol:

Well certianly compared to my colleagues! Who are disgustingly young and rather wee women
  • redvee
    Left work later than usual tonight and the other proper cyclist came into the bike sheds as I was getting ready to ride home, so decided to ride with her as we share the same route for 90% of the journey. Her ride was on Strava by time I came to upload mine and she's posted 12 PBs on the way home tonight.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    redvee wrote:
    Left work later than usual tonight and the other proper cyclist came into the bike sheds as I was getting ready to ride home, so decided to ride with her as we share the same route for 90% of the journey. Her ride was on Strava by time I came to upload mine and she's posted 12 PBs on the way home tonight.

Curious to know how many times she said "for God's sake STOP following me!" and when the restraining order kicks in?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    redvee wrote:

Curious to know how many times she said "for God's sake STOP following me!" and when the restraining order kicks in?

What - for comparisons sake? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I'm guessing that "National Drive like Terrance Wuckfit Week" is now over.

At least I wasn't overtaken by a sit on mower, unlike a colleague.
  • redvee
    Have now got too many spare mounts etc for the Garmin camera so need a bigger tub for them all, I'm thinking a 2 litre ice cream tub will suffice.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Breezed past all the extra cars on the roads, and I don't even want to think what tube stations and bus stops are like... So glad that I gave up getting the tube and started cycle commuting!
  • roger_merriman
    Picked the car up last weekend took the train down Friday and drove back slowly on Sunday, so much easier by car! It will make visiting folks much much easier.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Rode the best bike in today ... will have to take a detour on the way home due to some condiment spreading so a 13% instead of an 8% climb - but should be fun.... :)
  • redvee
    20% off food at Frankie & Bennies cause of the union I'm in at work, also pulled a scam in McDs to get two tokens off their coffee cups again.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I love mudguards and the way the rain clears the roads just a little bit!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    My bike rode his 4000th mile last night and decided to celebrate by having his first puncture in aforementioned 4,000 miles just two miles into an extended 25 mile run home through Saddleworth.

This is in anti-rants because I managed to change it with my newly fixed wrist in under ten mins :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    Ordered an SSD off Ebuyer, went with the free delivery option cause there was no panic for it. Less than 24 hours since ordering it is in my hands. Saturday delivery, if I'd taken it would have been £7.
  • captain_kirk
    captain_kirk Posts: 105
    Great weather for a ride. New shoes, new pedals (speedplays) and the ride felt really good.
  • voodooman
    voodooman Posts: 183
    Decided to celebrate the start of the league cricket season by racking up 30 beautiful miles thru the New Forest this morning. Virtually no cars, hardly anyone around - bliss.

Then bowled like a drain and out slogging. I need to retire from this.
  • redvee
    Riding along a SUP with 2 miles of slow moving traffic going the opposite way and there is a motorbike in the bus lane pootling along at 25mph with an Audi TT close behind abusing the bus lane trying to beat the slow moving traffic.