Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Excellent work Corriebee.

How old is he now?

LittleToe has been giving us 6/7 hours sleep now for a about 10 days, It is amazing how much better every one is when they sleep.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    11 weeks today.

Still can't do track stands on his fixie. Might trade him in for an upgrade. Do they do 'em in carbon?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Little toe was 12 weeks yesterday... I still havent found the instructions nor where the batteries go.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    Placed my first ever order with Pro Bike Kit at about midnight on Saturday night. I was amazed to receive an email on Sunday to inform that my order had been despatched, and sure enough I received it on Monday :D:D

Couldn't believe how good this service is. Very happy Pro Bike Kit customer, and it certainly won't be my last order.

* I have no affiliation whatsosever with PBK, and usually order on-line from CRC and that organisation that must be blamed for everything*

DB
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rubertoe wrote:
    I still havent found the instructions nor where the batteries go.

The batteries are sealed inside, you charge them via USB cable :)
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    Just watched, briefly, a schoolgirl put the fixie hipsters of Bristol to shame by holding a trackstand for the red light duration on her MTB with front suspension. No wobbling, just slight rocking on the front brake. No phone so no picture which would have looked dodgy anyway.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I had reason to send this email last night:
    Quick thanks.

Could you please entend my sincere thanks to your No.63 driver nr East Leake this evening at approximately 5:40?

I was cycling home and your driver was very patient waiting behind me as I navigated the tight section of road going past British Gypsum. When he did overtake it was like an advert for the Highway Code, with him fully in the opposite carriageway and checking for when he was clear.

I've praised professional drivers in the past and have always noticed your own drivers have an almost perfect history of considerate overtakes.

Please extend my thanks to the driver from a grateful road user.

Paul S Winson coaches. :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    and here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/IKFN-z-hN6A

Waits for screams when people see the van driver overtake.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • redvee
    An extra day off tomorrow, this working week is 3 days long for me now.
  • I am loving this pollution, seem to be a lot faster!, over 23 miles my avg was 19.1 including going through that big bad city
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I am loving this pollution, seem to be a lot faster!, over 23 miles my avg was 19.1 including going through that big bad city

I set my fastest time home yesterday. On the SS.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    First sub 20 lap of the year, hurrah!
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    saw 4 cyclists on the way to work this morning ...

well - 4 ... 3 really, the first seemed to be a builder or decorator in work shorts bimbling along on an old mountain bike - but I don't care :)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've been working in Walthamstow recently and I've found a new route which takes about a third off of my commuting time as well as being mainly on quiet roads or off road completely (rather than Lea Bridge Road/Markhouse Road).

How have I never ridden on Walthamstow marshes before?!?

One interesting point on the route is going under a rail bridge which is used by the Stansted Express. The bridge has a clearance of only 5 foot, so when I ride under it I have to have my belly on my saddle.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Kieran_Burns
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I've been working in Walthamstow recently and I've found a new route which takes about a third off of my commuting time as well as being mainly on quiet roads or off road completely (rather than Lea Bridge Road/Markhouse Road).

One interesting point on the route is going under a rail bridge which is used by the Stansted Express. The bridge has a clearance of only 5 foot, so when I ride under it I have to have my belly on my saddle.

You need to limbo for extra points. 8)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I'll give that a miss, thanks.
    BTW, this is the bridge.

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    you're not obeying the sign then ...
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

BTW, this is the bridge.

Went under that bridge on a London-Cambridge was good fun and the marshes were rather nice!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Slowbike wrote:
    you're not obeying the sign then ...

Rules are meant to be broken. Anyway, I don't listen to 'The Man'.

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    BTW, this is the bridge.

Been meaning to try going through there for a while.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • EKE_38BPM
    jds_1981 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    BTW, this is the bridge.

Been meaning to try going through there for a while.
    One piece of advice: DUCK!

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Day 16 of no cigarettes and I've upped my average mile per hour to work from 14mph to 17mph. I'm beginning to understand the benefits of this no smoking lark....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    msmancunia wrote:
    Day 16 of no cigarettes and I've upped my average mile per hour to work from 14mph to 17mph. I'm beginning to understand the benefits of this no smoking lark....

The downside is that when the smog arrived you no-longer have a protective covering of tar.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    1700 miles so far this year helped by 160 miles since Friday.
  • corriebee1
    corriebee1 Posts: 390
    Did the long commute (for me) yesterday, which is about 13.2 miles each way. Power awesome all the way in (thanks tailwind) and fearing the route home (F you, headwind).

As i came out of Cambridge i happened across some nice chaps from the Cambridge University cycling club in full aero gear. I politely asked if they'd mind if i tagged along, so sat at the back of their little training ride and got towed halfway home!

I've never ridden in a group before (I've only been cycling a year or so, almost exclusively commuting) and had no idea how much difference it would make. It was bloody lovely!! Might look into joining a club now.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Going to start commuting to work on the old mtb, it will be slow very slow! But compared to bus/train it will be like greased lightning! After months of inactivity due to recovery, my fitness has dropped markedly, but for what ever reason my balance when tired which gives me a fine zombie walk, doesn't seem to effect the bike, so now is time.

I also will be legal to drive soon, compared to bus/train cars are so much faster, on all of the journeys I tend to make.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before: that people with balance problems can often still ride a bike.

<makes note to google it later>
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Well done roger, I look forward t oseeing you in the park. Upright though please.
  • roger_merriman
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well done roger, I look forward t oseeing you in the park. Upright though please.

I'll do my best! should be fine, just went to a very boring meeting held by the Richmond Cycling Campaine and back though the park in the dark, no problem.
  • roger_merriman
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before: that people with balance problems can often still ride a bike.

<makes note to google it later>

the GP wasn't surprised, I do find it odd that I can ride around Swinley forrest with out any balance problems on a Sunday, but on monday having to take great care not to end up falling on the buses. i've been refured to a balance clinic so perhaps they'll shead some light on that.