sky team .why do they polarize opinion so much .

Comments

• PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:
    rubbish, 5 of 9 are Brits and many facilities and expertise from BC, English Institute of Sport are supporting sky. You don't want them to do well and you are posting false information.

4 are Brits. I know you struggle with numbers, but it's 4.

5, Sutton is British from what I read, has had links to Britain for quite some time and wants Brits to win, unlike you. So that is good enough for me. I know national allegiance is something you look down on. And you are being economical with the truth and also smearing , there is no drug scandals.
  • PauloBets wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:
    rubbish, 5 of 9 are Brits and many facilities and expertise from BC, English Institute of Sport are supporting sky. You don't want them to do well and you are posting false information.

5, Sutton is British from what I read, has had links to Britain for quite some time and wants Brits to win, unlike you. So that is good enough for me. I know national allegiance is something you look down on. And you are being economical with the truth and also smearing , there is no drug scandals.

Shane is Australian and supports Australia in all sports apart from cycling where he supports the team that pays him as a head coach.

Plenty of the team have doping related baggage ranging from association with doping teams (TVM) and positive tests.

Just because you choose to ignore these facts doesn't mean that they don't exist!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    PauloBets wrote:

5, Sutton is British from what I read, has had links to Britain for quite some time and wants Brits to win, unlike you.

You should write to the Team Sky website and ask them to change it - It says there he's Australian.

You'e the best troll for ages. I give you 8/10
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • PauloBets wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

Sutton is Australian all ends up.

As for no scandals, you've got a guy who DS'd for CSC and Discostana in the mid 2000s...

My main objection to all the stuff you put up here is not your blinkered jingoism, it's not even your belief that Sky are doing htings that nobody has ever thought of it's the fact that lots of people on here know an swful lot about Pro-Cycling. They've watched it, read about it, absorbed it for years. Some of us have even raced a decent level with some of the guys who are now pros, but you choose to disregard all this and just tell them they're wrong because they disagree with you. Even when presented with evidence supporting/proving their points.

Plus you don't answer any question that's inconvinient to you. Eg, how exactly, in material terms to you support cycling in Britain.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • PauloBets
    Smearing sky is all you can do. Support them. British cycling is lucky to have the support of sky.
  • Show me the smears in my posts. What allegations are untrue? What do you object to? And (again) how do you support British cycle sport?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Don't feed the troll, he thrives on all of this.
  • Yeah but I enjoy it too... :twisted:

@gietvangent
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

Shane is Australian and supports Australia in all sports apart from cycling where he supports the team that pays him as a head coach.

Plenty of the team have doping related baggage ranging from association with doping teams (TVM) and positive tests.

Just because you choose to ignore these facts doesn't mean that they don't exist!

Nonsense. It reads like Shane is very much from British cycling and has had no strong connection to Australian cycling in a long long time. 25 years here in the UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Sutton
    How low the doping smears are

You are smearing sky when no scandal exists
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    PauloBets wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

Nonsense. It reads like Shane is very much from British cycling and has had no strong connection to Australian cycling in a long long time. 25 years here in the UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Sutton
    How low the doping smears are

You are smearing sky when no scandal exists

You proved you couldn't do maths, and now you've proved you can't read.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    PauloBets wrote:
    Nonsense. It reads like Shane is very much from British cycling and has had no strong connection to Australian cycling in a long long time.

These days, the Australian is an integral part of the British Cycling team, where he has fulfilled various roles, from head coach to senior manager. Most know him, however, as a Mr Motivator-type figure, able to encourage and inspire through his enthusiasm and by the sheer the force of his personality.

From teamsky.com - I highlight the word "Australian" for you.
  • PauloBets
    Show me the smears in my posts. What allegations are untrue? What do you object to? And (again) how do you support British cycle sport?

I didn't mean you smeared. But there are some postings above that try to connect Sky to drug scandals by the previous teams current sky management were in.
  • iainf72
    PauloBets wrote:
    I didn't mean you smeared. But there are some postings above that try to connect Sky to drug scandals by the previous teams current sky management were in.

I was careful not to do that. I said should they be proud of being associated with something so tainted?
    Does that tell you something about their attitude towards clean sport? Or perhaps not.

Do you accept one of their riders was coached by Cecchini?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

5, Sutton is British from what I read, has had links to Britain for quite some time and wants Brits to win, unlike you.

You should write to the Team Sky website and ask them to change it - It says there he's Australian.

You'e the best troll for ages. I give you 8/10

Using Mr Bettini's (thats a laugh in itself) maths, that about 130%, right?
    I never knew Cadel Evans was British, even with his Welsh gp.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I've often wondered just how much Brailsford knew about Millar and whether he was a completely innocent bystander when Millar was arrested for doping offences as they ate dinner together. It's an idle speculation rather than a smear, Paolo, but I am just cynical enough to think that 'being British' doesn't keep you immune from doping any more than being French does :wink:

Seriously, some clearer, stronger messages about their stance on doping wouldn't come amiss - especially after the initial noises about 'tainted riders' being unwelcome and then the histories of some of their subsequent signings.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    micron wrote:
    I've often wondered just how much Brailsford knew about Millar and whether he was a completely innocent bystander when Millar was arrested for doping offences as they ate dinner together. It's an idle speculation rather than a smear, Paolo, but I am just cynical enough to think that 'being British' doesn't keep you immune from doping any more than being French does :wink:

Seriously, some clearer, stronger messages about their stance on doping wouldn't come amiss - especially after the initial noises about 'tainted riders' being unwelcome and then the histories of some of their subsequent signings.

I'd say it's nothing to do with being British per se, but that the culture of road racing is nowhere near as strong as it is in countries like Italy. We don't hear countless stories of British riders having been doping since the age of 15, because the culture (tradition) just doesn't exist as strongly. It may be less prevalent in Britain, but it's not necessarily anything to do with "being British" and some sort of sense of fair-play that Johnny Foreigner may or may not have.

As for Brailsford and Millar, perahps we should suspect Brailsford's missus as well, as she committed the crime of having dinner with Millar when he was nicked too.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    No crime, just interested in how close their relationship was at the time DM was doping - and wondering how much Brailsford actually knew - I expect he thought it was only cherry juice :wink:

I thought Kelly's comments to the effect that Sky don't seem to quite know what they're doing in a road race yet were on the money. They've had a few decent wins and a few disasters which have gone some way to overshadowing the good stuff. They need the time to make the mistakes without the pressure and I'm afraid all the bombast and triumphalism makes them look a bunch of prats when they manage to lose all 3 jerseys the day after winning them. :lol:
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Is PauloBets another sobriquet for BikingBernie?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

Doubt it. 87 posts in and he hasn't pasted that IM conversation between Vaughters & Andreu or blamed Armstrong for everyone not loving Sky.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • DaveyL
    I also think you'll find BB/aurelio is slightly to the anti-Sky side of things. What with Murdoch being a nasty right-wing crypto-fascist capitalist and all that.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron wrote:

Hayles "anomaly" before the worlds is probably a better example, and the fact he was dropped like hot shit afterwards.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    iainf72 wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

smearing the Sky team now. How low will you people go?

Where's the smear?

At best it's a 7% smear.

PMSL!! :lol::lol:
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    LangerDan wrote:

Doubt it. 87 posts in and he hasn't pasted that IM conversation between Vaughters & Andreu or blamed Armstrong for everyone not loving Sky.
    DaveyL wrote:
    I also think you'll find BB/aurelio is slightly to the anti-Sky side of things. What with Murdoch being a nasty right-wing crypto-fascist capitalist and all that.

Point being PauloBets is clearly a troll account being used to engender dislike towards the Sky team (not that they need any help ;) ). It's clever enough to push all the right buttons in enough threads to get a strong reaction, generating further negative comments, derailing discussion and stage threads etc

Have run other non-cycling websites/forums, and some much larger than this, it reeks of a regular forum user (may not be Bernie) using an alternative account to have a bit of "fun".
  • DaveyL
    I see your point, I must be a trusting soul not to see such cunning...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Point being PauloBets is clearly a troll account being used to engender dislike towards the Sky team (not that they need any help ;) ). It's clever enough to push all the right buttons in enough threads to get a strong reaction, generating further negative comments, derailing discussion and stage threads etc

Have run other non-cycling websites/forums, and some much larger than this, it reeks of a regular forum user (may not be Bernie) using an alternative account to have a bit of "fun".

I disagree. He's been registered since September 2008 long before Team Sky existed and has posted on a variety of subjects.

On this subject he has strong opinions (his sort of jingoism isn't a rarity in the UK) and he's not the most graceful at putting his point across. But he's not a troll.

Many a forum has been ruined by regulars shouting 'troll' and other abuse at posters who take strong minority views. Either engage in the debate or ignore him. Name calling helps no-one. If that's what you want to do then may I recommend the wretched Cycling News forum - it's par for the course over there.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    shakey88 wrote:
    cos some people are d*cks

+1 massively
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • FAUSTO
    FAUSTO Posts: 34
    ...but they have nice bikes :P

dsc02889.jpg
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    FAUSTO wrote:
    ...but they have nice bikes :P

dsc02889.jpg

I am just waiting for some fool to come along whinging about fishing tackle and "italian thoroughbred" or some similar utter tosh :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • FAUSTO
    FAUSTO Posts: 34
    Wicked...alps behind, alps behind...
  • RichN95 wrote:

I disagree. He's been registered since September 2008 long before Team Sky existed and has posted on a variety of subjects.

On this subject he has strong opinions (his sort of jingoism isn't a rarity in the UK) and he's not the most graceful at putting his point across. But he's not a troll.

Many a forum has been ruined by regulars shouting 'troll' and other abuse at posters who take strong minority views. Either engage in the debate or ignore him. Name calling helps no-one. If that's what you want to do then may I recommend the wretched Cycling News forum - it's par for the course over there.

+ 1 to Rich !!!!