sky team .why do they polarize opinion so much .

14567810»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    www.teamskyfans.com has a forum. The natural home for PauloBets one assumes.
  • andyp
    Not forgetting Rusty of course. I doubt I can ever forget Rusty.
  • andyp wrote:
    Not forgetting Rusty of course. I doubt I can ever forget Rusty.

Rusty?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    afx237vi wrote:
    Sod Pierre, the whole internet should be retired after that.

:lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Pokerface wrote:
    brakelever wrote:
    wicked , whats the fishing tackle connection then ?

Shimano makes fishing tackle (reels and such). Some would say they do a better job of that than bike parts.

Some people feel an Italian bike (Pinarello) shouldn't have Japanese parts on it.

I had a Shimano reel as a kid. They were the dogs.
  • sampras38
    Pross wrote:
    ... the attitude of PauloBets and a few others like him is enough to put me off! I have no problem with people getting nationalistic or being fans of a particular team but they also have to respect that others may not share their view without accusing them of being stupid or in some way treacherous.
    As a former psychology lecturer, I find it interesting that the on-line ‘personalities’ of people like PaulBets so closely resemble the archetype of the ‘right-wing authoritarian’, as developed by people like Theodore Adorno. It's all there: the worship of the powerful and successful (particularly Armstrong in Paulo's case); the strong streak of irrationality, even to the degree of denying the laws of mathematics; the rabid hostility to those perceived to be 'disloyal' to the dominant in-group and so on.

The bottom line is that many 'debates' on here are more about a conflict of 'world views', personal values and political mind-sets than the 'facts'. I have seen exactly the same phenomena in many other areas of debate, especially in relation to those opposed to more effective levels of speed control and holding drivers to be responsible for their own actions. (I also notice that many people are waking up to the fact that the climate change 'deniers' are driven more by their desire to protect their right-wing 'free market' and 'libertarian' ideologies, rather than any real desire to debate the available evidence).

I for one can't help but think that the human race hasn't evolved one bit since everyone was running around paying homage to the tribal chief, killing anyone who was an ‘outsider’ to the group and praying to the Sky fairies, sorry, sky fairies! :wink:

I saw your post and my first thought was, I wonder if he's going to post something without mentioning Armstrong?

And low and behold...;-)
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    andyp wrote:
    www.teamskyfans.com has a forum. The natural home for PauloBets one assumes.

you assume wrong Sir. I can put my views here as my natural home and I see some of you agree with me. Are you having a go at me because I am wanting to see this team do well, grow, recruit people from this island (whatever their colour to be clear- just to make it clear to you ,you crazy idiot- Biking Bernie)
  • andyp
    Rather than 'having a go' I was making a joke. :roll:

I would suggest you lighten up but given how this thread has gone I feel I'd be accused of racism. :wink:
  • sampras38
    It's official....cycling attracts nutters...;-)
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Re: The OP thread title

Who says Sky polarises opinion?

(Retreats 100 yards and waits for fireworks/explosion...)

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey