O, Danny Boy

Comments

• dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Even the Clinic drew the line when it was suggested that a certain team had a motorized water bottle.
    Caused a lot of LOLing, that one.

I'm surprised none of the usual suspects haven't suggested Sky are filling their bikes with helium; maybe that's the next accusation. I wouldn't put it past them (the accusers, that is, not Sky !)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 , what do you think about the idea of a riders amnesty but their id not revealed.

Do you think that could work?

Nope. I disagree with the idea of any kind of amnesty.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    The Pinarello Park-o-matic will come with a free, "clip on, then clip off" turbo bidon,
    when it hits the shop on April 1st.

The source of the Google sponsorship rumours: Autonomous Bicycles - now with in-car DS over-ride.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    The Pinarello Park-o-matic will come with a free, "clip on, then clip off" turbo bidon,

Blazing , still waiting for your reply over on the lance doped thread.

Its best to no someone's view before saying anything.
  • rayjay
    dsoutar wrote:
    Even the Clinic drew the line when it was suggested that a certain team had a motorized water bottle.
    Caused a lot of LOLing, that one.

I'm surprised none of the usual suspects haven't suggested Sky are filling their bikes with helium; maybe that's the next accusation. I wouldn't put it past them (the accusers, that is, not Sky !)

FACT is the UCI tested for mechanical doping.

The UCI did not find it funny and took it very seriously.
  • rayjay wrote:

Eh? I hadn't realised your post there required or requested a reply.
    Seems nobody deemed it worthy of comment, either.
    rayjay wrote:

Says the man who criticised Rich for his spelling of intelligent? :oops:

Anyhow, like I said, even the Clinic laughed this conspiracy theory out of town.
    As for the UCI testing bikes, they do that before and after every event on the track.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    rayjay wrote:

I remember that. McQuaid's UCI was a byword for investigative integrity.

Time to treat your audience with a little more respect, my little sunbeam joint.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 , what do you think about the idea of a riders amnesty but their id not revealed.

Do you think that could work?

Nope. I disagree with the idea of any kind of amnesty.

Then like all things illegal it stays underground. Unless some kind of dialogue is explored then doping will not go away.

A change of thinking towards doped athletes is going to be needed if you want a clean sport or some kind of compromise to have a more honest and open sport for all.
  • rayjay
    Macaloon wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Time to treat your audience with a little more respect, my little sunbeam joint.

That's a bullsh%% answer. Respect works both ways.

Mechanical doping has nothing to do with all the other crap going on with the UCI.

There were suspicions and the UCI acted. Simple.
  • Macaloon wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Sunbeam joint's a new one on me. I'll look that one up.
  • The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 161
    The Truth wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 6m
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 5m
    Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean

What a hypocrite. Disgraceful.

???

Either stump up some proper evidence or stop saying things like that.

Funnily enough, this is almost exactly what Talansky said about Armstrong a couple of years ago.

Point is, Talansky is a hypocrite because he is riding on a team that is full of dopers. Where was this outrage when he found out Hesjedal was a doper?

Don't worry, I'm sure he meant that the 10% that are clean are all riding for team sky. No need to feel threatened, the group think is safe.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Truth wrote:
    [Point is, Talansky is a hypocrite because he is riding on a team that is full of dopers. Where was this outrage when he found out Hesjedal was a doper?
    His outrage isn't at Di Luca's doping, it's at his statements. If Hesjedal or other Garmin riders had similar then he would have been a hyprocrite. But they didn't, so he isn't.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Why can't we all just love each other? All this bickering needs to stop. Rayjay and The Truth in particular need that love - lonely as they must be sat in their bedrooms, desperately craving human attention.
  • iainf72
    We've coming from different places : I don't believe most cyclists are doped these days. And I see very little value in raking over the past in search of scandal.
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:

Eh? I hadn't realised your post there required or requested a reply.
    Seems nobody deemed it worthy of comment, either.
    rayjay wrote:

Says the man who criticised Rich for his spelling of intelligent? :oops:

Anyhow, like I said, even the Clinic laughed this conspiracy theory out of town.
    As for the UCI testing bikes, they do that before and after every event on the track.

in·tel·li·gent

having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.

That sorted , back at ya :oops:

You made a few comments that were wrong about my views on the LA dope thread. Go read them, then you can apologise for being so wrong again.

The Clinic are not in control of cycling the UCI are and they started testing road racing only after the FC rumours started,,,,,,,,,,,,,yours is a weak argument.
  • Well, DiLuca's likely to have some consequences for his accusations

According to Ciro at Gazzetta, CONI are hauling him up in front of them on Thu 30 Jan to explain himself - when no doubt he'll provide lots of evidence to back up his claims (doping and motor-related)

And the Italian Riders Association want to sue him for defamation

Sure hope for his sake that DiLuca can back up his claims and accusations
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    The Truth wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 6m
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 5m
    Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean

What a hypocrite. Disgraceful.

???

Either stump up some proper evidence or stop saying things like that.

Funnily enough, this is almost exactly what Talansky said about Armstrong a couple of years ago.

Point is, Talansky is a hypocrite because he is riding on a team that is full of dopers. Where was this outrage when he found out Hesjedal was a doper?

Don't worry, I'm sure he meant that the 10% that are clean are all riding for team sky. No need to feel threatened, the group think is safe.
    Point out where Hesjedal said everyone still dopes, it isn't a big deal that he doped and that it should be made legal. If you can provide that then your hypocrite accusation will hold some weight. Until then, however, you look just as daft as you have been for the past few weeks.
  • The Truth
    Paulie W wrote:
    Why can't we all just love each other? All this bickering needs to stop. Rayjay and The Truth in particular need that love - lonely as they must be sat in their bedrooms, desperately craving human attention.
    Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an incorrect or deviant decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative ideas or viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking. The dysfunctional group dynamics of the "ingroup" produces an "illusion of invulnerability" (an inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). Thus the "ingroup" significantly overrates their own abilities in decision-making, and significantly underrates the abilities of their opponents (the "outgroup").

A perfect description of this forum. I would rather have my sanity than being part of that, if that equals being alone in my bedroom so be it.
  • iainf72
    Who's seen The Act of Killing? If not, you should.

And a few people on here seem to want someone to make The Act of Doping.
  • rayjay
    Paulie W wrote:

Actually I'm sat in my studio [ musician] in my 4 bed house that I own.

Your not even close and I am not even close to my bedroom, I have to go up another floor :lol: enjoy
  • rayjay wrote:

Know what I was taking issue with, now?

Anyhow, back to DDL.
    90% is well beyond the most pessimistic of previous sceptical "Guesstimates".
    Hiding a half a man power, motor in a frame is something else.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    rayjay wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Your not even close and I am not even close to my bedroom, I have to go up another floor :lol: enjoy

Ah, then you're not a spotty teenager but rather you're a moron. Excellent!
  • rayjay wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

You're
  • The Truth
    rayjay wrote:

Anyhow, back to DDL.

Do you have any evidence that he is wrong? Vaughters saying everything is clean doesn't count.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    I've seen the trailer. My general reaction was 'you can't be serious, that's f***ed up', but apparently it's brilliant.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    This thread looks like it is going down the pan already.

--

Great comments from Valentino Sciotti of Vini Fantini

"You're not being fair, Danilo. I helped you in one of the most difficult moments of your life and you promised that you'd have nothing to do with doping. But you did it and have refused to help those who investigate the problem. Now you're going on television and firing off about a world that welcomed you back, forgave and supported you, and which can't defend itself against your accusations," he wrote.

"Why don't you understand the pain you cause every time you say something? I'm really disappointed but I don’t think it's right that other people have to pay for your stupidity or for those who have followed your road.

"It's time you started to apologise, that you shut up or speak to the right people, so that other Danilos don't damage such a great sport. Despite everything, I think cycling can be a clean sport and offer an ethical message for those who love it, manage it and take part in it."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:

Pretty good analogy
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:

No I disagree , I think a few people see riders still getting busted.

Still see questionable performances.

I think a few people still wonder why riders still feel the need to dope when the peloton is supposed to be so clean and these are not all GC contenders.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

I just find it all very hypocritical.

Some people are happy to see the ex dopers they like ride again yet are equally happy to compare other doped riders with Hitler, I kid you not. Check the posts, it's there
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    The Truth wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Anyhow, back to DDL.

Do you have any evidence that he is wrong? Vaughters saying everything is clean doesn't count.

If 90% of the Giro field are doping you'd think he'd be able to name one or two specifically, no?

Edit

Maybe he will, and be able to substantiate it. When that happens, the conversation changes.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rayjay
    edited January 2014
    Paulie W wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Ah, then you're not a spotty teenager but rather you're a moron. Excellent!

:lol: well done, another one of your intelligent post's. MORON