O, Danny Boy

Comments

• rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Rich, how do you know Cancellara never had a engine in his bike,
    Because I'm an intellengent mechanical engineering graduate with access to the world's most powerful patent search facility, not some gullible chump.

I never said I believed it, I said he has some suspicious finger movements. I would not rule it out 100%.

Electric bikes do exist. why would he have patented it, i'm sure the electric bike has already been patented.

If you are Intelligent perhaps you should learn how to spell Intelligent.

What a massive fail
  • RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Herbie obviously expresses it much better than I could, but the article basically says that Di Luca is a decent guy by all accounts, giving, pleasant and all that. What we see projected is not the real guy

However he see's doping as part of being a professional, and can't conceive of cycling with doping.
    Personally I thought that the article was apologetic crap. Sykes is so clearly in love with his subject - the article is littered with superlatives - and seems to not only see his doping as excusable but as the right thing to do. As though Di Luca not doping would be an affront to the sport itself and the denial of the gift of such a wonderful, giving champion to the world would be a tragedy. He also seems to think that Italian cycling shouldn't be held accountable for its actions because, you know, Italy is better than everyone else.

The "argument from Rapha" as it's sometimes called.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Bans need to be the same for all if your caught.

So you don't believe their should be any incentive to talk?

Remember, Di Luca has benefitted from a reduced ban too for cooperating. Then carried on doping

Well these riders are only talking when they are caught.

Perhaps their should be some incentive for riders to talk if even if they are doping.

Money talks , and perhaps a no identity leaked deal could be done.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ThomThom wrote:
    What an idiot he is.

He has dodgy hair as well.

They said that about Linus too.

The ladies love them both.

5967747121_6459c57955_z.jpg
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Herbie obviously expresses it much better than I could, but the article basically says that Di Luca is a decent guy by all accounts, giving, pleasant and all that. What we see projected is not the real guy

However he see's doping as part of being a professional, and can't conceive of cycling with doping.
    Personally I thought that the article was apologetic crap. Sykes is so clearly in love with his subject - the article is littered with superlatives - and seems to not only see his doping as excusable but as the right thing to do. As though Di Luca not doping would be an affront to the sport itself and the denial of the gift of such a wonderful, giving champion to the world would be a tragedy. He also seems to think that Italian cycling shouldn't be held accountable for its actions because, you know, Italy is better than everyone else.

One thing is for sure and that is that he is loved in Italy. Imagine the countless hours of enjoyment he has given the television and roadside spectators. He embodies giving the fans enjoyment even if he is a doper. I think he is a plonker for his repetitive doping but can see how it can be rational for an individual with someone of lesser intelligence. Being adulated as he was...it just makes it so much harder to stop.

o.13130.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    rayjay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Because I'm an intellengent mechanical engineering graduate with access to the world's most powerful patent search facility, not some gullible chump.

I never said I believed it, I said he has some suspicious finger movements. I would not rule it out 100%.

Electric bikes do exist. why would he have patented it, i'm sure the electric bike has already been patented.

What a massive fail

Yes the only argument is whether it was possible to produce an engine to give a boost of say 50 watts for 30 seconds - I'm not an engineer but I thought these things did exist - in which case the circumstantial evidence makes it at least credible that Cancellera was using one. They knew he had the sustainable power to stay away if he could get a gap - but they knew nobody was going to let him get a gap - the obvious solution for anyone looking to cheat is a little motor in the bike. I know one thing you do not shift one hand to the hoods with the other on the tops when riding on Roubaix cobbles without a very good reason, and the fluttering motion with his fingers both times doesn't look like a standard mechanical gear change.

But if it's not possible and the Cassani example was a fake then fair enough.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ddraver wrote:
    Andy Schleck now the winner of the 2007 Giro. :p

More GC wins than Cav again, must he a relief!

Cav might try and snatch back the upper hand at Qatar...but no, there's a TT this year. No cigar, Cav
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Remember, Di Luca has benefitted from a reduced ban too for cooperating. Then carried on doping

Perhaps their should be some incentive for riders to talk if even if they are doping.

I figured people would be giving Talansky a hard time about his comments given some of his team mates.

But can someone remind me, how many of the Garmin riders that confessed (and got reduced sentences) were actually 'caught'.

Millar's a different story and is quite different from Di Luca...
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    rayjay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

What a massive fail

Yes the only argument is whether it was possible to produce an engine to give a boost of say 50 watts for 30 seconds - I'm not an engineer but I thought these things did exist - in which case the circumstantial evidence makes it at least credible that Cancellera was using one. They knew he had the sustainable power to stay away if he could get a gap - but they knew nobody was going to let him get a gap - the obvious solution for anyone looking to cheat is a little motor in the bike. I know one thing you do not shift one hand to the hoods with the other on the tops when riding on Roubaix cobbles without a very good reason, and the fluttering motion with his fingers both times doesn't look like a standard mechanical gear change.

But if it's not possible and the Cassani example was a fake then fair enough.

Cancellara has won P-R on 3 different manufacturer's bikes ... Chances are it's his legs that are the common factor in those wins rather than a training plan from the duracell bunny ...

As for the apparent 'hand movements' ... Everyone does something weird when pushing hard ... Usually to distract from the pain in your legs and chest ... Although we do need to remember that Chris Horner smiling was proof that he cheated to win a GT ...
  • Crankbrother
    dish_dash wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

I figured people would be giving Talansky a hard time about his comments given some of his team mates.

But can someone remind me, how many of the Garmin riders that confessed (and got reduced sentences) were actually 'caught'.

Millar's a different story and is quite different from Di Luca...

They were 'caught' exactly the same as LA ... Once it was clear Hincapie had spilt the beans all those who had lived in the house of cards were also in hot water ... They then fessed up to allow them to play a final hand (or more in some cases) ...
  • I know one thing you do not shift one hand to the hoods with the other on the tops when riding on Roubaix cobbles without a very good reason, and the fluttering motion with his fingers both times doesn't look like a standard mechanical gear change.

He didn't attack on the pave though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xjsPqHg3o#t=120
  • rayjay
    All those quick to laugh and make judgement and as usual don't really take time to think about things,

well think about this.

The UCI took it seriously and had bikes tested for mechanical doping.

http://road.cc/content/news/18932-uci-t ... dman-visit
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    "Dolph's-up down-under, new buck."
    Sobbed Cav as he munched on his truck
    "Stuff your pies, damn your eyes: To Skittel the Kittel,
    I need to ride smrt as fck"

- No Cigar, 2013, Cavendish
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Crankbrother
    Wtf?
  • rayjay
    That's very good Macaloon. Have you taken your meds?
  • Macaloon wrote:

Good work, chap
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Macaloon wrote:

Did auto correct change tuck to truck?
  • Macaloon wrote:

Is this another cryptic crossword clue?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    As I tweeted last night, read Herbie Sykes excellent piece in the recent Ride about DDL. Then read the transcript - It will make sense then.

What's your handle?

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I know one thing you do not shift one hand to the hoods with the other on the tops when riding on Roubaix cobbles without a very good reason, and the fluttering motion with his fingers both times doesn't look like a standard mechanical gear change.

He didn't attack on the pave though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xjsPqHg3o#t=120

You are right he had just come off it hadn't he - even so I'm not saying he did have an engine but it does seem at least credible - as rayjay says the UCI took it seriously.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    One thing is for sure and that is that he is loved in Italy. Imagine the countless hours of enjoyment he has given the television and roadside spectators. He embodies giving the fans enjoyment even if he is a doper

Is he "loved"? He's from southern Italy which puts him on the back foot with the tifosi
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited January 2014
    Is this another cryptic crossword clue?

Macaloon doesn't like to talk about their work. We agree with Nick when it comes to awards and such:
    "My muse is not a horse and I am in no horse race and if indeed she was, still I would not harness her to this tumbrel..."

Having said all that, 'tuck' suited better than "truck".
    Fck :cry:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Here's the truth about the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljy_FgMM3G4
  • rayjay
    iainf72 , what do you think about the idea of a riders amnesty but their id not revealed.

Do you think that could work?
  • Even the Clinic drew the line when it was suggested that a certain team had a motorized water bottle.
    Caused a lot of LOLing, that one.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Even the Clinic drew the line when it was suggested that a certain team had a motorized water bottle.
    Caused a lot of LOLing, that one.

Turbo bidon? Excellent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited January 2014
    iainf72 wrote:
    One thing is for sure and that is that he is loved in Italy. Imagine the countless hours of enjoyment he has given the television and roadside spectators. He embodies giving the fans enjoyment even if he is a doper

Is he "loved"? He's from southern Italy which puts him on the back foot with the tifosi
    [/quote][/quote]

Is Spoltore southern Italy?

I wouldn't be surprised if half the Tifosi had no idea where he is from...I have no idea where 90% of riders come from within their countries.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Turbo bidon? Excellent

Ooh, another cryptic clue?!
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sky of course took existing tech and refined it

Dems marginal gains dem is

brad.gif
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rayjay
    Oh well the usual responses from the childish few.
  • The Pinarello Park-o-matic will come with a free, "clip on, then clip off" turbo bidon,
    when it hits the shop on April 1st.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.