O, Danny Boy

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited January 2014
    rayjay wrote:
    You don't actually believe that crap do you?

It's about as credible as thinking the moon landings were faked.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 161
    r0bh wrote:
    Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 6m
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 5m
    Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean

What a hypocrite. Disgraceful.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The Truth wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean

???

Either stump up some proper evidence or stop saying things like that.
  • overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    While I think the guy is a class A pillock he does have a point.

I'd rather he say what he's saying and mean it than try to cover it all up. When he says 90% im pretty sure he's infering to the team, team mates, and the people he knows in the peleton. How's he going to know what goes on in SKY etc?..
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    The Truth wrote:

You know as much about the truth as David Irving does. Go and grace some other forum with your ridiculous crap
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    danilo.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Overlord2 wrote:
    How's he going to know what goes on in SKY etc?..

he asked The Truth, WTB and rayjay.....
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    As I tweeted last night, read Herbie Sykes excellent piece in the recent Ride about DDL. Then read the transcript - It will make sense then.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    As I tweeted last night, read Herbie Sykes excellent piece in the recent Ride about DDL. Then read the transcript - It will make sense then.

I saw you'd tweeted that. Will go hunting for a copy of the mag
  • tailwindhome
    Love the way Iain gives out a reading list at the start of term
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ^ :)

(though I am reading The Sports Gene, and am absolutely hooked)

Iain, gis the gist of the Herb's article, come on...
  • *sigh*

Is this the truth or his old ways and ill informed held views that cycling hasn't change much.

Either way we are best rid of this chump.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    TheIncredibleShrinkingDoperati: "So much for the new generation; deafening silence on Ballan"

TheIncredibleShrinkingDoperati: "How dare Talansky try to silence brave DiLuca; disgusting"

T0ssers
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • iainf72
    Herbie obviously expresses it much better than I could, but the article basically says that Di Luca is a decent guy by all accounts, giving, pleasant and all that. What we see projected is not the real guy

However he see's doping as part of being a professional, and can't conceive of cycling with doping.
  • iainf72
    Vroomen just pointed out that you could say Andy Schleck won the 07 Giro now.

Meaning he's won 2 GT's retrospectively
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Herbie obviously expresses it much better than I could, but the article basically says that Di Luca is a decent guy by all accounts, giving, pleasant and all that. What we see projected is not the real guy

However he see's doping as part of being a professional, and can't conceive of cycling with doping.

Considering he began his pro career at the time epo was enjoying it's golden era and that
    he enjoyed a meteoric rise that earned him the title of Italy's new golden boy, he's bound to
    view it that way.
    It also fair to assume that the average tifosi's opinion of him will differ from the average Anglo.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    dsoutar wrote:
    The Truth wrote:

You know as much about the truth as David Irving does. Go and grace some other forum with your ridiculous crap

The truth is entitled to comment as much as you,

So there was no need for your comment. Stop being a pompous di%k .

Its called a forum, not a boys club for the same opinion.

None of you know how much doping is still going on. It obviously is. We are still getting riders busted.

Rich, how do you know Cancellara never had a engine in his bike,

It does look suspicious at times the way he moves his fingers on the bars.

I would not rule it out totally and it has been mentioned before.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    The Truth wrote:
    r0bh wrote:

???

Given that A.Talansky rides on a team with it's fair share of ex dopers, a few people are pointing out that his statement, though admirable in sentiment, displays a certain lack of self-awareness...

there is a difference between Di Luca and the US Garmins sure, but only in their willingness to submit a carefully lawered cow eyed, sorrowful admission rather than a full guns blazing admission
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    edited January 2014
    ddraver wrote:
    The Truth wrote:
    r0bh wrote:

???

Given that A.Talansky rides on a team with it's fair share of ex dopers, a few people are pointing out that his statement, though admirable in sentiment, displays a certain lack of self-awareness...

there is a difference between Di Luca and the US Garmins sure, but only in their willingness to submit a carefully lawered cow eyed, sorrowful admission rather than a full guns blazing admission

The Garmin boys got a sweet deal to help bring down Armstrong.

They are guilty of the same offence.
    No one knows how long the Garmin boys were doping and they may well have been doping as much as Di Luca.

Bans need to be the same for all if your caught.
  • Given that every rider in the current peloton has a team mate or team support/management co-workers (sorry for the Americanism) from 'the past', perhaps people would prefer all riders keep their lips firmly shut.

Oh no. They mustnt. Cos that would be omerta.

And they all get slammed for that too.

In some quarters, they're all damned if they do, damned if they dont.
  • iainf72
    rayjay wrote:

Bans need to be the same for all if your caught.

So you don't believe their should be any incentive to talk?

Remember, Di Luca has benefitted from a reduced ban too for cooperating. Then carried on doping
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

Personally I thought that the article was apologetic crap. Sykes is so clearly in love with his subject - the article is littered with superlatives - and seems to not only see his doping as excusable but as the right thing to do. As though Di Luca not doping would be an affront to the sport itself and the denial of the gift of such a wonderful, giving champion to the world would be a tragedy. He also seems to think that Italian cycling shouldn't be held accountable for its actions because, you know, Italy is better than everyone else.
  • RichN95.
    rayjay wrote:
    Because I'm an intellengent mechanical engineering graduate with access to the world's most powerful patent search facility, not some gullible chump.
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Because I'm an intellengent mechanical engineering graduate with access to the world's most powerful patent search facility, not some gullible chump.

*HIGH FIVE*
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    What an idiot he is.

He has dodgy hair as well.
  • tailwindhome
    RichN95 wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Yeah, but how do you know he didn't have an engine in his bike?
  • ThomThom wrote:
    What an idiot he is.

He has dodgy hair as well.

He does indeed. If only he'd waited he could have got done by this route too...

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/news/ ... -for-drugs
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Intellengent (sic) mechanical engineering graduate with access to the world's most powerful patent search facility, gullible chump? (5)
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Andy Schleck now the winner of the 2007 Giro. :p

More GC wins than Cav again, must he a relief!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver