O, Danny Boy

LangerDan
LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited January 2014 in Pro race
Bye bye

Di Luca gets two year ban
Eurosport | Mon, Feb 1, 15:06
Italian Danilo Di Luca is banned for two years for testing positive for illegal blood booster CERA during last May's Giro d'Italia
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And 280K fine
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Nice way to end your career...taking after Rebellin, lol.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The Killer is finally brought to justice.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    He's been very lucky in avoiding the long arm of justice for so long, especially after the 'Oil for Drugs' affair, in which he was heavily implicated so it is pleasing that he's finally been brought to book.

Let's hope Valverde gets his just desserts next.
  • Ouch!
    Meanwhile the biggest bread winner of them all, continues to make bread.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    DaveyL wrote:

Did I miss the what-aboutery there? If you mean Blazing Saddles, I don't think he was using this as a defence of DDL. Instead he was rather unsubtley trying to bring the discussion round to another individual.

I'd call that 'and also thisery'
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We've nailed on but there are others! You can't view Di Luca's punishment in isolation.

After all, look at the last 20 years and tell me how many podium finishers from the Giro have been rumbled? :cry:

Still, some Italians are getting vociferous about doping, the likes of Marco Pinotti would have been flicked into a ditch 10 years ago.
  • Kléber wrote:
    We've nailed one but there are others! You can't view Di Luca's punishment in isolation.
    +1
    I hope that clears things up.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    We've nailed one but there are others! You can't view Di Luca's punishment in isolation.
    +1

Yea its clear enough for me ,you obviously want to take this thread onto one individual in particluar.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    +1

Yea its clear enough for me ,you obviously want to take this thread onto one individual in particluar.

...and you open the door, hoping I walk through.
    More baiting from the master, but I'm not biting.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Di Luca: about 90% of the Giro field dopes
    Di Luca: A giro top ten finish is impossible without doping
    Di Luca: The best thing would be to legalize doping
  • Art Vandelay
    Di Luca will be on Italian TV show 'La Lene' tomorrow and is going to reveal doping and corruption in cycling.

Nice bit of scandalo but I'd take this with a pinch of salt
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Kleber, Langerdan, bit of a blast from the past this thread - the forum has lost some good people
  • Art Vandelay
    More on Di Luca here:
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/21-01-2 ... 2642.shtml?

The show is on Italia 1 tomorrow at 21:10
  • iainf72
    FJS wrote:
    Kleber, Langerdan, bit of a blast from the past this thread - the forum has lost some good people

LangerDan still lurks slightly but the troll fest puts him off a bit.

Wish Kleber would come back though.
  • Art Vandelay
    FJS wrote:

Who was Kleber, will we ever know?
  • iainf72
    Who was Kleber, will we ever know?

Doubt it. Asked him a few things back in the day but he was guarded.

I suspect our best bet is if someone ever speaks to Phil Liggett in person, to ask him if he ever confessed to a senior exec from a large corporation in the lounge at Heathrow that he didn't believe Armstrong was clean. If he does, that's our man :D
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thanks Art. Those quotes are quite interesting...no regrets other than bring caught and reckons Lance would have won even without doping!
    Bit difficult to take him seriously when he thinks 90% are ddoping...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 33m
    Di Luca claims you can't finish in top 10 of Giro without doping and 90% of riders in the Giro dope. I wonder what @marcopinotti thinks?

Marco Pinotti ‏@marcopinotti 11m
    @TheRaceRadio wasn't going to waste any time on this but since you wonder here it is : to MY knowledge, that's bullshit
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Have you ever seen a bike with the engine?
    "The engine know how it is done. Were invented think 5/6 years ago, you can enter into the bike, so they are very small. May give 150 watts of power."
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Art Vandelay
    Nibali and J Rod cornered by the press in San Luis:
    Nibs "Di Luca is a fruit, obviously firing his last two cartridges to earn money. Sorry to talk like that about a guy who was one of our comrades, but in recent times it seems really confusing."
    JRod "Someone like Danilo now speaks in this way because we all know how he behaved during his entire career. But I do not want to add to it, Di Luca does not deserve the opportunity to get publicity against us."
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited January 2014
    So is this the first interview of his 'book tour' and he'll tell us nothing we don't already know but promise us more if we part with a little bit of cash?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Have you ever seen a bike with the engine?
    "The engine know how it is done. Were invented think 5/6 years ago, you can enter into the bike, so they are very small. May give 150 watts of power."

This is certainly a more concerning statement than the doping one.

Clearly utter b0llocks but but if that is true then even I will get p!ssed off.

Actual engines is game over.

Anyway, Sporza are interviewing him tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It just typical self-justification of someone who wants to be seen as a champion. It's all there '90% doing it', 'level playing field', 'I was always a champion'. He even throws in electronic bike nonsense as if to suggest there was worse than him. He wants us to excuse him for not reforming himself after being banned because the sport did not change and it didn't let him.

The thing is he'll really believe it all. He's so ingrained in the doping culture with years of telling himself this stuff and being told it by people wanting to use him. Nobody lies as much as an addict does to himself.

Still, certain sections of the internet will lap it all up as gospel truth with no critical appraisal, and they will proclaim him an omerta breaking hero even though he's not actually said anything specific, just vague reasons why he should still be seen as a champion.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 6m
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 5m
    Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    r0bh wrote:
    Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 6m
    I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He's a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Andrew Talansky ‏@andrewtalansky 5m
    Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn't be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean
    Was just about to post the same. Strong stuff.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    RichN95 wrote:
    The thing is he'll really believe it all. He's so ingrained in the doping culture with years of telling himself this stuff and being told it by people wanting to use him. Nobody lies as much as an addict does to himself.

The "hypnotic suggestion of repeated wrong thinking" as this dudehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Watts said (I'd thoroughly recommend his talks on YouTube)…

LangerDan - please come back: you made me laugh and the forum needs you