Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Where was these 2 falls/1 puncture? I never seen em, was it after the cafe stop?

I think you were one of the fails.

Care to explain?

I have no idea. Just guessing.

Who were you anyway? Was you the american one?

Well - Canadian actually, but I supposed that's close enough. (Or English/Irish by birth but left the UK when I was 4 and grew up in Canada)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,084
    great ride, great to meet people of the forum - thanks

It was my mate Carl who punctured
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    So there were 3 falls then!
  • tlw1
    NapoleonD wrote:
    So there were 3 falls then!

and for once, one of them wasn't me!
  • tlw1
    Nap'd - did you manage to get me in one of your pics? I am meant to be doing a training blog for my forth coming sports relief ride, and forgot to take any pics! :oops:
  • Anonymous
    matthew h wrote:
    Nap'd - did you manage to get me in one of your pics? I am meant to be doing a training blog for my forth coming sports relief ride, and forgot to take any pics! :oops:

For some reason my phone was playing silly beggars...

I'll upload the ones I got.
  • tlw1
    thanks!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    The food was good, I got to go out on the pitch, met some famous folk, and drank champagne.

And promptyly bugg@red off after without saying hello to Mr Arteta who was the MOTM and would have come to see us all.

Quite a sad day, but TC scored and he is mate of the family.
  • Pokerface
    Scrumple wrote:
    The food was good, I got to go out on the pitch, met some famous folk, and drank champagne.

And promptyly bugg@red off after without saying hello to Mr Arteta who was the MOTM and would have come to see us all.

Quite a sad day, but TC scored and he is mate of the family.

I'm sorry - but this thread is now officially only for those people who actually TURNED UP.

Not people went to see some cr@p footie team get their arses handed to them on a plate. :roll:
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    I have to agree on the route yesterday. It was an awesome day.
    Great to put some faces to the names on here.
    It was quite a challenge for me from Crowdicote onwards.

I can confirm I was overtaken by a cat somewhere on the hairpins... :oops:

Looking forwards to the next one, hopefully with a lot more miles under my belt.

Thanks for napD and Pokerface for organising. Sorry I lost you all on the descent from the C & F
    Must remember to look up next time...
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Where was these 2 falls/1 puncture? I never seen em, was it after the cafe stop?

I think you were one of the fails.

Care to explain?

I have no idea. Just guessing.

Who were you anyway? Was you the american one?

Well - Canadian actually, but I supposed that's close enough. (Or English/Irish by birth but left the UK when I was 4 and grew up in Canada)

Ah, I should have known with watching Ice Road Truckers cause they're all Canadian.

I'm glad I pushed ahead and skipped the cafe stop, I bonked proper and crawled home until I got on the flat, my hill climbing is absolutely crap atm but on the flat it was ok, maybe the cafe stop would have made me not bonk so much, but I'd feel like I was full of bricks, so equally unpleasant feeling.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Was a really nice, challenging route - weather couldn't have been better and it's always good to have a nice sociable ride :)
    Thanks for organising Colin & Alex
    BTW, Alex, I was amazed/sickend by how quickly you were climbing - I guess this is Quad Power??
  • tlw1
    popette wrote:
    BTW, Alex, I was amazed/sickend by how quickly you were climbing - I guess this is Quad Power??

wasn't it more creaking power!
  • Anonymous
    I got that sorted after the ride yesterday, took it to Royles where they fettled it. It was the rear hub, some crap had got in when I rode the bike in bad weather...

Sounds like a howling wind of doom now rather than a Ford cortina with 'Just Married' sprayed on the windscreen and a load of tin cans tied to the back of it with string...

I will be much better when I've lost another stone.
  • pickled
    Your bike did sound a bit like a Jet Fighter with just married tin cans attached to the back...
    Glad it's all fixed.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I got that sorted after the ride yesterday, took it to Royles where they fettled it. It was the rear hub, some crap had got in when I rode the bike in bad weather...

Sounds like a howling wind of doom now rather than a Ford cortina with 'Just Married' sprayed on the windscreen and a load of tin cans tied to the back of it with string...

That's not much good, paying a crap load for some wheels that can only be used when it's good weather O_o
  • Anonymous
    freehub wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

That's not much good, paying a crap load for some wheels that can only be used when it's good weather O_o

It was more to do with the fact I hadn't sealed the hubs properly when I did ride them in bad weather...

BTW Karen, every time the road pointed up my legs were screaming at me after the race the day before!
  • Miz
    Miz Posts: 297
    +1 with thanks to NapD for arranging the route, and Pokerface for making it happen.

Thanks to all for making it a very pleasant, sociable ride. Chapeau. :D
  • pickled
    popette wrote:

Now you know how I felt watching your little pink jacket disappear into the distance up and over the Cat & Fiddle!!
    I couldn't even keep up with you on the descent.
    Impressed with the standard shown by all really. Shows me where I have to get to.
    I'd hate to see you lot pushing on!
    I might have to reappraise my Target of doing either the Etape or Marmott in 2011...
  • Anonymous
    Miz wrote:
    +1 with thanks to NapD for arranging the route, and Pokerface for making it happen.

Thanks to all for making it a very pleasant, sociable ride. Chapeau. :D

Cheers for pushing it from the front up and over the C+F, it was a quality hammerfest. My legs were absolutely screaming but I was enjoying the speed too much. Can't believe how fast we were going actually :shock:

I stopped and waited for others at the top of the hill after we turned for Walker Barn though.
  • Miz
    Miz Posts: 297
    NapoleonD wrote:

I stopped and waited for others at the top of the hill after we turned for Walker Barn though.

Apologies for not saying bye. I guessed (incorrectly!) that we'd be stopping for a re-group further down, at the junction with Buxton Road. By the time we (Mike and I) realised you'd stopped at the top of the hill at Teggs Nose, I was too knackered / couldn't be arsed riding back up....and I was meant to be in Siddington for 3pm, so decided to crack on.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I made so much noise on here as I was genuinely excited about this...

We need another one... I'd gladly host but it gets a bit flat out here accross the vale of Belvoir...

How many came? Bad choice in the end, but the choice wasn't mine when the wife realised the price of the 4 tickets. Shame that the back of Tony Cottee's head was more interesting than the game.

You can all have your revenge when I bring up the rear on the next spring has come fling. I'll shut up now as I think Colin has banned me from this thread...
  • Anonymous
    18 started...
  • skinsey
    skinsey Posts: 105
    Yes, that was the best descent I've had off C&F for a long time...was regretting suggesting the turn-left-at-Walker Barn-option by the time we got there. Would have been great to carry on down, though the road surface is shocking just before the re-join.
  • tlw1
    I loved the C&F decent, Carl blow up on the way but recoved on the downhill!

Max he had ever done on a road bike was 38 miles before Sunday, as he has only just got one!
  • Pokerface
    Scrumple wrote:
    I'll shut up now as I think Colin has banned me from this thread...

And yet.... here you still are! :roll:
  • tlw1
    Pokerface wrote:
    Scrumple wrote:
    I'll shut up now as I think Colin has banned me from this thread...

And yet.... here you still are! :roll:

ride envy :)
  • Ax
    Ax Posts: 36
    Really enjoyed myself - The descent from Cat & Fiddle was awesome so thanks to Alex for the route. Couldn't have asked for better weather at this time of year either so thanks to Colin for organising it all on such a great day.
    2005 Dawes Galaxy
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    2009 Focus Variado Expert
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Great route, great weather and a very enjoyable day out. But next time I think we should skip the pacemaker....
    More problems but still living....
  • Reckon another one of these rides would be organised? Would love to head over for a day or two as I've got some friends in Manc.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015