Food Room 101

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sewinman wrote:
    In a rambo-style headband with a knife gripped between your teeth? Or had the tuna jumped into your boat and started threatening to kick your ars* so you got all 'Kew York' and pulled a blade on it? :P

Ha Ha. How did you know my favoured fishing attire!? Jumped on the boat....it nearly took my arm off before i totally merked it. It had been 'gaffed' hence all the blood.

That is one funny post for so many reasons. :lol::lol::lol:

I marvel at your skill with the urban tongue. I was never brave enough to use 'merked'.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    The Brussels sprout is the Devil's Vegetable.

The cauliflower is the Devil's Other Vegetable.
    Muesli. When I was a little boy, I used to have a hamster - called Fluffy. He/she was so cute, white and fluffy. However, when I cleaned out it's cage, I put the mixture of sawdust, hay, droppings and hamster food waste into the bin.

It is wrong now to market this as a health food.

hamster_white.jpg
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Breakfast not made from Pig is wrong.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Tripe. Yum. ;)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Museli or fruit crunch stuff is fantastic. Have it with yogurt, berries and kiwi fruit and you've got a gem of a breakfast.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Roastie wrote:
    Tripe. Yum. ;)

You need to take a long, hard look at yourself and ask yourself "why the hell am I eating bile?" :) .
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Museli or fruit crunch stuff is fantastic. Have it with yogurt, berries and kiwi fruit and you've got a gem of a breakfast.

+1. Not that I don't like a good fry-up as well (sometimes both...).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Roastie wrote:
    Tripe. Yum. ;)

Dude really..? i know 2009 was tough but really your more than welcome here at Chateau itboffin............... we have "real" food made from meat :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Pig flakes (port scratchings) are hard (no pun) too eat first thing
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

I think everyones decided you have no taste where food is concerned :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Anybody ever had a cow fuku for breakfast?

2010_0104detail0012.jpg
  • Clever Pun
    ***Warning***

Do not read this thread before heading the shops esp the butchers

I've just had a fry up of sausages, bacon, black and white puddings and some scambled eggs noms indeed. :lol:

bought a steak for tonight and some pork steaks too

I was only popping in to get some bacon
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Oi! Just because I don't eat snail porridge or, judging by your latest post, a baby cow in one sitting, don't diss the museli/crunchy stuff. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    cjcp wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Muesli.

Bang on the money.

Oi! Just because I don't eat snail porridge or, judging by your latest post, a baby cow in one sitting, don't diss the museli/crunchy stuff. :)

bacon, sausages and puddings are from a pig dude... pig
    I did feel a little unwell after :lol:

Wasn't based on the museli post.. just your general distaste of nice things :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    just send my email(s) off to El Buli for the coming season

fingers crossed
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    What's El Buli?

Only the BEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD*

*allegedly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Bulli

http://www.elbulli.com/menu.php?lang=en
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Best restaurant in the world, if you like experimental stuff. I'd love to go.
  • Clever Pun
    What's El Buli?

as mentioned, it's like the fat duck and then some :shock:

http://www.elbulli.com/reservas/index.php?lang=en
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Roastie
    itboffin wrote:
    Roastie wrote:
    Tripe. Yum. ;)

Dude really..? i know 2009 was tough but really your more than welcome here at Chateau itboffin............... we have "real" food made from meat :wink:
    :D What's on for dins tonight?
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I haven't read through all 15 pages of this, but there is very little I will not eat (as long as it's food - I'm not going to eat my bike). I'll give anything a try. I've eaten some wierd things in my time. Lots of seaweed in Japan (real seaweed, not the deep fried salty cabbage they serve in Chinese restaurants in the UK), horsemeat sushi, grilled sparrow and fried cockroaches and stick insects.

Has anybody tried the Japanese dish natto? It's basically slightly rotted soybeans. I used to eat it by the gallon when I lived in Japan, much to the disgust of many other gaijin.

It has the consistency of sticky sick and smells like a pair of socks if you wore them for a week of hardcore biking without removing them, but in spite of this has a delicate flavour. It's also "live" like yoghurt, so very good for the gut and digestion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natt%C5%8D
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Has anybody tried the Japanese dish natto? It's basically slightly rotted soybeans. I used to eat it by the gallon when I lived in Japan, much to the disgust of many other gaijin.

It has the consistency of sticky sick and smells like a pair of socks if you wore them for a week of hardcore biking without removing them, but in spite of this has a delicate flavour. It's also "live" like yoghurt, so very good for the gut and digestion.

+1 grew up eating this stuff. Delicious, good for you and cheap. You can get it from the freezer cabinet in the Japan Centre in Lower Regent St.

Had horse meat sashimi in Tokyo, didn't taste of much to be honest but it wasn't bad either. Also had cod sperm sac in Chiba which was rank.

I think the only thing I have eaten which I couldn't finish was steak tartare, raw minced beef, mixed with raw egg and raw onion on toast. Basically an uncooked hamburger patty on toast. Now that was vile...
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    artaxerxes wrote:

I think the only thing I have eaten which I couldn't finish was steak tartare, raw minced beef, mixed with raw egg and raw onion on toast. Basically an uncooked hamburger patty on toast. Now that was vile...

I like steak tartare :(
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    amnezia wrote:
    artaxerxes wrote:

I like steak tartare :(

+1

One of my favourite foods - nearly always order it when I see it on the menu.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    artaxerxes wrote:
    Has anybody tried the Japanese dish natto? It's basically slightly rotted soybeans. I used to eat it by the gallon when I lived in Japan, much to the disgust of many other gaijin.

+1 grew up eating this stuff. Delicious, good for you and cheap. You can get it from the freezer cabinet in the Japan Centre in Lower Regent St.

Had horse meat sashimi in Tokyo, didn't taste of much to be honest but it wasn't bad either. Also had cod sperm sac in Chiba which was rank.

I think it's cheaper at the Rice Wine Shop on Brewer Street! Japan Centre is always that bit more expensive for most things... Raw horse meat had a buttery flavour I thought and was very soft. Never had sperm sac!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Other things that I'd happily chuck into room 101:
    Celery - pointless vegetable
    Peanut Butter - Suitable for filling holes in walls maybe (like steak tartare :) ), but not for human consumption.
  • Clever Pun
    artaxerxes wrote:

you ate sperm sac but couldn't finish that??? steak tartare is ace
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Roastie
    artaxerxes wrote:
    Other things that I'd happily chuck into room 101:
    Celery - pointless vegetable
    Peanut Butter - Suitable for filling holes in walls maybe (like steak tartare :) ), but not for human consumption.
    Disliking steak tartare is one thing, but peanut butter? Come on! You are a sicko.
  • you ate sperm sac but couldn't finish that??? steak tartare is ace

The sperm sac came (ho ho ) in a small bowl so I could hold my nose and down it in one go. The steak tartare was an endless stinking pile of raw meat that never seemed to diminish no matter how much I ate. I managed to hide some of it under lettuce leaves and other garnish!