Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,960
    pinno said:
    The Sportful shorts above are available in medium for £35. Thought you'd be interested. Read as being similar to Castelli but I don't know.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    I have both Omloops and the Fiandre shorts bought in a earlier Saddleback sale.

Can highly recommend the Fiandres - top notch shorts with a great pad and perfect for this time of year.

The Omloops are slightly posher construction but that's because these ones are the cheaper model of Fiandres, there is a higher model with flat braces etc. But in use you don't notice, they are warm, comfortable, everything you want from a thermal short.

Might get another pair if I can get over the Navy colour scheme...
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 667
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:
    The Sportful shorts above are available in medium for £35. Thought you'd be interested. Read as being similar to Castelli but I don't know.
    I'll let you know...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Munsford0 said:

pblakeney said:

pinno said:
    I'll let you know...
    I'll compare notes.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Looks like some bike related Prime Day deals have started today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FTH4435?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=digidip03-21 Garmin Varia £120

Cateye ampp 400 with Orb rear light £13.20 with voucher at checkout https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08J2L1L7D?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=digidip03-21

etc.

Keep an eye on hotukdeals.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Bought a garmin 245 non music watch for £140
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    I need to stop clicking this thread.

Looks like some bike related Prime Day deals have started today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FTH4435?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=digidip03-21 Garmin Varia £120

Cateye ampp 400 with Orb rear light £13.20 with voucher at checkout https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08J2L1L7D?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=digidip03-21

etc.

Thanks. Cateye viz 450 rear light nabbed for £18. Hopefully the blinded drivers will give me extra space to compensate.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn said:

I need to stop clicking this thread.

Looks like some bike related Prime Day deals have started today...

etc.

Thanks. Cateye viz 450 rear light nabbed for £18. Hopefully the blinded drivers will give me extra space to compensate.
    SMIDSY. :D
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    Ha, yes this thread is a curse. Lol

I bought a pair of the sportful light no rain shorts, 31.99 delivered. I know they are made my castelli, if its possible the sizing is even smaller. I'm xl in both, I breath easier in the castelli. Great shorts at the price, really really are. That sales been going on a while, it was because of this thread I seen them. Curse
  • pinno
    Have I read that right? Sportful is made by Castelli ?
  • super_davo
    pinno said:

Have I read that right? Sportful is made by Castelli ?

Not quite technically correct, both are owned by the same parent company. But yes, basically the same company, they run as separate brands but share factories, design studios and all that. I have loads from both brands - Sportful make quality stuff.
  • Munsford0
    All my Sportful stuff feels just that little bit snugger that the Castelli equivalents
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,032
    edited October 2022
    While window shopping possible replacement options for my recently lost Lezyne Mega XL, which I've now lost hope of "MissingX" finding just over two weeks on, I came across...

£110 https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edge-Plus-Computer-Black/dp/B08KSGN384

Never had a Garmin, their rep seems very mixed, very basic navigation on this unit. As someone who likes hill climbing, I like the idea of the "Climber Pro" feature, but not great that you need to tell unit your route (I often plan one specific climb and add others on the spare of the moment).

Anyone tried a Coospo GPS computer?

At the mo, best price I can get a new Mega XL from a trusted store is £153 from Merlin, before using a £10 loyalty voucher and a bit of cashback.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited October 2022
    That's annoying about your Lezyne - did it pop off during a ride or something?

I admit to knowing nothing about Coospo other than their HR straps seem to have been recommended on here a few times, and the amazon reviews seem pretty good.

I've had Garmins since the Edge 205 head unit, and Forerunner 305, and a fair few incarnations inbetween, though slightly incredibly the two above still function well.
    You are right though, their performance can be frustrating, though they have gotten a lot better, and a lot less fussy with setup, and config setups since the really early days.
    Even though I have had some frustrations with them, we have a pair of 1000s in the house, and I have a 1030 to break out of it's box at some point, so it hasn't put me off that much.

My brother has a Bryton 15 and that has seen him bike many thousands of miles, though not with any route guidance, but they may have another model that might fulfill your criteria.

Might be worth seeing gplama and or DCR have any indepth and recentish reviews of some of the likely candidates.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited October 2022
    Put my Mega XL in my PX Magma back pocket ~5mins before getting off train to start Center Parcs hol, popped to loo, unlocked my bike and then wondered where the heck my Lezyne was while getting sorted for pre bookin ride on the platform. Never had anything pop out of Magma pocket before. :(

At least I had minor consolation that Strava app on mobile could record rides while in my back pocket, but only hrm data, no 4iiii power data.

Still not sure what to do, outdoor season almost over and I'm definite covided up since 1st Oct, not sure what that lurgy was at same time as you in late July was now.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 said:

I'll let you know...

Arrived today; fit and quality up there with Castelli I’d say. If they ride / perform as advertised it’s got to be the best £35 I’ve ever spent!

• pinno
    Munsford0 said:

Munsford0 said:

I'll let you know...
    Arrived today; fit and quality up there with Castelli I’d say. If they ride / perform as advertised it’s got to be the best £35 I’ve ever spent!

Bah! Postal strike tomorrow, so at the earliest, mine will be here Friday.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,960
    edited October 2022
    pinno said:

Meh. My Sigma order was due to be delivered between 10:25 & 12:25 yesterday on RM 48 hours posted on Monday. Been sat at the local sorting office since 11:07.
    Lazy feckers. And I'm away for the weekend so who knows...
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Munsford0 said:

Munsford0 said:

I'll let you know...

Yeah, I got some a few weeks back. Absolute steal at that price. Can't believe they've not been cleaned out of them long before now.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

Meh. My Sigma order was due to be delivered between 10:25 & 12:25 yesterday on RM 48 hours posted on Monday. Been sat at the local sorting office since 11:07.
    Lazy feckers. And I'm away for the weekend so who knows...
    You won't see it.
    It will get returned on a failure to deliver, Sigma will then sell it to another customer 'cos 'one's just came back in that size'. They offer you a refund and you say 'no, I still want the order' and they say 'sorry but we're sold out'.
  • Munsford0
    Only slight annoyance is the size and nature of the label inside. It's unusually big and seems to be made of something crispy; not something I want next to my skin for several hours at a time. If it doesn't soften up in the first wash I think that's going to require some micro surgery to remove it without endangering the stitching...
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited October 2022
    Just in case anyone else hasn't passed the Strava krypton factor observation round, two slightly different challenges related to turbo apps.

Ride 200Km(?) by 23rd October to get 30 days free trial of Fulgas.
    https://www.strava.com/challenges/Go-Full-Gas-This-Autumn-by-FulGaz

Join the Rouvy "live segment" challenge and sign up with a new email address to get 30 days free trial of Rouvy.
    https://www.strava.com/challenges/rouvy-virtual-kom-qom-hunter-challenge
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    edited October 2022
    Castelli sale on at Merlin:

https://www.merlincycles.com
  • Some good looking prices in Merlin's Castelli sale.
    https://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-homepage-275679/?sort=price-min

Please tell me, Castelli fans, what bargains should I seriously consider? I have a pair of L Endurance 3 bibs and XL Aero Race 4 bibs, bought a year ago, pretty happy with them although the Aero's leg is borderline baggy at the gripper.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Competitizione bib shorts at the sale price are a bargain - two MFs have bought them and are grinning manically.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • super_davo
    MattFalle said:

Competitizione bib shorts at the sale price are a bargain - two MFs have bought them and are grinning manically.

Think Endurance 3s @ £65 or FreeAeroRace @ £75 are the better deal in the same sale. You often see Castellis with a Kiss pad under £50 (there are several much of a muchness models) but those are very good price for the top of the range version.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

Think Endurance 3s @ £65 or FreeAeroRace @ £75 are the better deal in the same sale. You often see Castellis with a Kiss pad under £50 (there are several much of a muchness models) but those are very good price for the top of the range version.
    notd - grazie!

tbh, the way the MFs destroy stuff the psychological barrier of the Competiziones being around the £50 mark means its lesspainful when they set fire to them....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    FFS This thread has cost me another £75, light winter tights 2. Will see what all the talk is about with the progetto pad to
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    MattFalle said:

Which ones? You and your split personality? Can you therefore share a single pair?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    edited October 2022
    First ride in Castelli endurance 3 bibs. Only 30 miles but the Progetto pad feels very comfortable so far and the Lycra luxurious. More revealing than my other bibs. I’ll post some pics next time I put them on @itboffin
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי