Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    hpaul said:

FFS This thread has cost me another £75, light winter tights 2. Will see what all the talk is about with the progetto pad to

Those light winter tights are one of my 'go-to' pieces of gear. I used to rave about the Sorpasso for winter but unless it was properly cold, I would get too hot in them, limiting their use and creating a gap where it was too cold for shorts but too warm for the Sorpasso.

I never really got on with 3/4 tights or leg warmers.

Enter the LW tights a couple of years ago - a bit like a Sorpasso down to the knees but really thin on the shins - just enough to avoid the unpleasantness of water splattering all over your lower leg but meaning you dont get so hot.

Now, unless it gets REALLY cold, I dont need the Sorpassos anymore and I can still wear these into the Spring and through much of the Autumn.

If you like them as much as me, you will be ordering a couple more pairs when you have tried them!
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    edited October 2022
    apreading said:

hpaul said:

FFS This thread has cost me another £75, light winter tights 2. Will see what all the talk is about with the progetto pad to

Those light winter tights are one of my 'go-to' pieces of gear. I used to rave about the Sorpasso for winter but unless it was properly cold, I would get too hot in them, limiting their use and creating a gap where it was too cold for shorts but too warm for the Sorpasso.

I never really got on with 3/4 tights or leg warmers.

Enter the LW tights a couple of years ago - a bit like a Sorpasso down to the knees but really thin on the shins - just enough to avoid the unpleasantness of water splattering all over your lower leg but meaning you dont get so hot.

Now, unless it gets REALLY cold, I dont need the Sorpassos anymore and I can still wear these into the Spring and through much of the Autumn.

If you like them as much as me, you will be ordering a couple more pairs when you have tried them!
    Good to know. I have been using the nanoflex tights with the kiss2 pad which I love, it's basically to save wear on those. Have nanoflex leg warmers to but I don't use that much. Unless it's going to be a harder run, as I find them less restrictive.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029
    edited October 2022
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-530-gps-bike-computer-4011221#comments ~£169

Offline re-routing navigation?

Navigation in general?

I just wish the "climb pro" feature would would on an unplanned visit to a hill.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Garmin have a birthday sale on. some decent discounts https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/c/promotions/birthday-sale-emea/
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-530-gps-bike-computer-4011221#comments ~£169

Offline re-routing navigation?

Navigation in general?

I just wish the "climb pro" feature would would on an unplanned visit to a hill.

Not sure what you mean by offline, but I've found re-routing from a predefined course not too bad. Seems to take a little while to realise you may be off course deliberately before looking for an alternative that isn't simply a u-turn to get back to your course departure point, but probably better than my car sat nav in that regard.

Navigation from a downloaded course is good, based on courses drawn up on Strava or generated from previous routes. Navigating a map is fiddly with the buttons for zooming and moving about. I reckon the 830 would be better in that regard. If I need that sort of view I use my phone.

I'd like ClimbPro to be a bit smarter and not work only on courses but actually adapt to current route and roads.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Great deals on Castelli at Merlin inc Gabba and Perfetto long and short sleeve. Good range of sizes too.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited October 2022
    me-109 said:

Not sure what you mean by offline

On my lost Lezyne Mega XL, I saved a map area to the GPS computer and mobile Lezyne app, so if my Three mobile signal dropped I could still get directions including re-routing.

You could even set "offline routing" to default, which I often did in areas I didn't know well, in flaky signal areas there's been times when I got nonsensical directions as signal has faded to nothing.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,951
    bmxboy10 said:

Great deals on Castelli at Merlin inc Gabba and Perfetto long and short sleeve. Good range of sizes too.

Not sure whether to say thanks or damn you! 😉
    Another Gabba on its way.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084
    pblakeney said:

bmxboy10 said:

The thing with the Gabba is...
    If it's damp, cold, windy, i'll wear long sleeve or a jacket.

When would you/I use a Gabba when the Perfetto does for cooler temps?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    edited October 2022
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

bmxboy10 said:

Cold dry mornings when the temperature is going to rise with a possibility of showers is no problem with arm warmers. Personally happy at 7C to 15C, not tested below 7C yet.

When? Now. Spring, autumn, mild winters and cold summer mornings. So all year. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

bmxboy10 said:

Cold dry mornings when the temperature is going to rise with a possibility of showers is no problem with arm warmers. Personally happy at 7C to 15C, not tested below 7C yet.

When? Now. Spring, autumn, mild winters and cold summer mornings. So all year. 😉
    Also short sleeve Gabba plus arm warmers works superbly. IMO works far better than long sleeve Perfetto because:
    1. Arm warmers are skin tight which keeps drafts out plus more aero
    2. You can have different arm warmers depending on the time of year which makes a big difference to how warm you are
    3. You can start early mornings with warmers, and then take off when it warms up.

On that basis I use a Gabba most of the year, really only time I wouldn't is in summer.
  • pinno
    I'm aware of arm and leg warmers - I have been riding for 38 years. Never ever got on with them and hated the faff of removal and stuffing them in your back pocket.
    Anyhoo, I run cold.
    Ride on Tuesday was 12 deg c, breezy and I wore my Castelli Espresso with a vest underneath and winter bib tights. Perfect. Wasn't over or under dressed.

We're all different.

I think the Sportful Flandria shorts will come in useful.
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114

pblakeney said:

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

bmxboy10 said:

Also short sleeve Gabba plus arm warmers works superbly. IMO works far better than long sleeve Perfetto because:
    1. Arm warmers are skin tight which keeps drafts out plus more aero
    2. You can have different arm warmers depending on the time of year which makes a big difference to how warm you are
    3. You can start early mornings with warmers, and then take off when it warms up.

On that basis I use a Gabba most of the year, really only time I wouldn't is in summer.
    I bought the last light blue gabba for the Mrs from sigma for £55, do for Santa. She has nothing for autumn spring.

Agree with most of the above, I run gabba with nanoflex arm warmers. Option to remove if gets to warm mid morning. But I was of the opinion for a long time what's the point. I had always just used with a long sleeved skins compression top. Until I got roasted on a few runs.

Cycling is a money racket. I'm nearly afraid to click on this link now.....
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868
    Not a super bargain, but the cheapest the 1030 plus has ever been.

Garmin currently have the unit only for £338 (Bagged by moi) and with accessories for £390 - looks like their sale ends tomorrow.

Pretty sure this is a relatively recent addition to the sale as well.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Zwift sent me a free 60 day code today.

I stopped my subscription a while back and they want me to come back to see all the 'improvements' so if you're in a similar situation keep an eye out for an email.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited October 2022
    thistle_ said:

I stopped my subscription a while back and they want me to come back to see all the 'improvements' so if you're in a similar situation keep an eye out for an email.

60? :o

I got a measly 14. :'(
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pblakeney
    thistle_ said:

Me too.
    Binned it anyway as I gave up gaming years ago. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223

thistle_ said:

60? :o

I got a measly 14. :'(
    I got 30!
  • pinno
    I got none!
    Though It might be because I don't have Zwift.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,688
    pinno said:

I got none!
    Though It might be because I don't have Zwift.

Nor did I.
    Is a Zwift like a Zwallow but smaller?
  • daniel_b
    Just spotted Wiggle are back on TCB.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • https://www.merlincycles.com/wilier-montegrappa-tiagra-road-bike-190094.html

~£591 including delivery (with 10% auto discount when added to basket)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2022
    Not quite the £338 price that Garmin had last week, but Wiggle currently have the 1030 at £349.99, and are now back on TCB @ 2.1% which would bring it down to around £343.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Merlin have added extra discount to their mega Castelli sale
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    MattFalle said:

Balls, I should have waited another month to buy my bibs. That’s £13 I’ll never get back 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Balls, I should have waited another month to buy my bibs. That’s £13 I’ll never get back 😔
    best buy another pair to save that £13 then.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
  • pinno
    Got a black Friday email notification from Wiggle - up to 50% off.
    Maybe that's because I have a gold loyalty discount. It's obvious that I spend too much.
  • Auto 10% discount when added to basket for "20 top brands" at Merlin.

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-cdr-2-carbon-clincher-disc-road-wheelset-700c-245852.html £472.50 ... Hmmm (while still only managing to do ~60% of my best June 20mins, after testing positive a month ago).
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    S works 7 lace. From £300 down to £199, good reviews, a third off seems like a good deal. Same for the gravel version

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/s-works-7-lace-road-shoes/p/200043?color=329939-200043&searchText=61022-6044&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ciw4MSK-wIVW-vtCh1drQHFEAQYASABEgKgRPD_BwE
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי