Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Thanks guys. None in my size unfortunately 😞

that sucks and is unacceptable. FACT.

do you want me to send a MF ddown to burn them down?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

If an MF could burn the shop, hit it with a hammer and Chuck it over the neighbours fence that would be much appreciated 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    edited September 2022

Which Castelli bibs do I need??

These: they're bloody lovely. I managed to get pair without the pink strip but if you can put up with that, you'll have a great pair of Bibs. My go to.
    But hurry - that's a great price:

https://saddleback.co.uk/products/castelli-giro-ditalia-competizione-bib-shorts?variant=39975604715605
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    pinno said:

These: they're bloody lovely. I managed to get pair without the pink strip but if you can put up with that, you'll have a great pair of Bibs. My go to.

https://saddleback.co.uk/products/castelli-giro-ditalia-competizione-bib-shorts?variant=39975604715605
    With Castelli shorts & tights I always think it is worth getting a model with the Progetto pad over the Kiss pad. And those, unfortunately, have the Kiss pad. But there are loads of deals for Free Race / Endurance for not much more - they are all good, as long as you get that pad.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

If an MF could burn the shop, hit it with a hammer and Chuck it over the neighbours fence that would be much appreciated 👍
    consider it done. Trebuchet building atarts at noon.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Thanks Pinno but as Davo and pblakeney have suggested, and have heard rave reviews before, I’m going to wait for a bargain with the Progetto pad in my size.
  • seanoconn
    Castelli bib sizing?

I take large in dhb and Endura. Same in Castelli?
  • MattFalle
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

Castelli bib sizing?

I take large in dhb and Endura. Same in Castelli?

meant to be small, so size up.

i've ordered L snd XL - think MF is normally an L, so he'll be returning those that don't fit proper.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Yep Castelli in my experience versus endura, are one size smaller.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Any chance theMF could be occupied with this for a few days so it’s not able to access the internet for a while? It would give the rest of us some peace.
  • MattFalle
    andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Any chance theMF could be occupied with this for a few days so it’s not able to access the internet for a while? It would give the rest of us some peace.
    no, sorry. they are too efficient to be tied up with one singular task.

Anyhow, the local Jewsons has closed due to THE GREAT WEEK OF MOURNING AND DEATH AND WE SHALL ALL MOURN AND WAIL SND GNASH OUR TEETH AND STAND IN QUEUES so they can't buy any nails until Tuesday.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

They did go a bit quiet for a while after Pidcock won on Alpe D'Huez but they seem to be back in full strength now regrettably...
  • MattFalle
    mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

They did go a bit quiet for a while after Pidcock won on Alpe D'Huez but they seem to be back in full strength now regrettably...
    Fred Wright is The Man to follow.

Next proper big thing. Proper rider, nice bloke, has spersonality. He's the to follow.
  • seanoconn
    mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Ahh give the MF’s a break. The forum is a less colourful place without them.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Ahh give the MF’s a break. The forum is a less colourful place without them.
    grazie! appreciated.

but, tbh, the Leicester City fans are entiyled to their opion, its just that they are following the wrkng boat.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Next proper big thing. Proper rider, nice bloke, has spersonality. He's the to follow.
    Yeah, hopefully he'll get the win next Sunday!
    MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Yeah, would love it, I said love it, if he won next Sunday.
  • MattFalle
    mrb123 said:

MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Yeah, hopefully he'll get the win next Sunday!
    MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Yeah, would love it, I said love it, if he won next Sunday.
    he's just a lot cooler, funnier and likeable than Pidcovk.

Less hype, media arrogance - just gets out there and does the job through successive GTs

Comes across as the sort of bloke who is chilled out and you'd want to have a beer and a laugh eith as opposed to "me, me, me, look at me. oooh, a fountain!"
  • daniel_b
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Thanks Pinno but as Davo and pblakeney have suggested, and have heard rave reviews before, I’m going to wait for a bargain with the Progetto pad in my size.
    Just to echo what has already been said, re the kiss pad versus the progetto x2.
    For me, as a pretty light, and slight rider, these pads are like night and day.
    The Kiss pad for my rear end feels really substandard, and not comfy for long rides.
    The progetto x2 on the other hand is right up there with the very best for my rear end - as good as rapha pro team II shorts, and top end la passione shorts.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Check out "Colin Furze" on you tube , amongst many other things he builds some brilliant trebuchets.
  • MattFalle
    lesfirth said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

Check out "Colin Furze" on you tube , amongst many other things he builds some brilliant trebuchets.
    grazie! will head across for a gander!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,032
    edited September 2022
    SAVE10 gets 10% off £100+ baskets at Sigma Sports until midnight.

I'm trying to convince myself that a pair of 32mm GP5000s for £108 before the discount is a bargain in these crazy tyre price times... Tricky when I paid ~£36 for one early last year iirc from Amazon.

Bought a 23mm from them for £30 a month ago, they still have them in stock, along with 25mm for £36.

Edit: Didn't buy them, dilemma not helped by guttingly losing Mega XL, got an older Super GPS Enhanced that's been hammered over the past five years but I might need to go GPS hunting after getting clued up.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,960
    Nanoflex bib shorts. Good for autumn, spring, mild winters and cold summers. Got a pair in the Mantel sale and I liked them so much that I have just bought another 2 from Sigma at £90. Cheapest available right now.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Nano-Flex-Pro-Race-Bib-Short/R1R4?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&co=GBR&cu=GBP&glCountry=GB&id=1261988
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    I've 2 pairs of castelli both with the kiss pad. I love it. Probably only rapha is better. I prefer it to assos as well.

Looking at a few tights at the min with the progetto, I'll compare. Amazed if it's much better
  • daniel_b
    hpaul said:

I've 2 pairs of castelli both with the kiss pad. I love it. Probably only rapha is better. I prefer it to assos as well.

Looking at a few tights at the min with the progetto, I'll compare. Amazed if it's much better

I think the kiss pad is a bit marmite, I'm fairly light, and it doesn't suit me at all, the progetto x2 on the other hand is one of the very best for me.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    daniel_b said:

hpaul said:

I think the kiss pad is a bit marmite, .
    That sounds nasty.
  • bendip
    bendip Posts: 114
    Tell the stars I'm coming,
    make them leave a space for me;
    whether bones, or dust,
    or ashes once among them I'll be free
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    The issue I have is not with the Kiss pad itself, but rather with its placement - at least on the nanoflex shorts/tights. They seem to have attached it too far back, so that the correct part of the pad is not where it should be, in relation to the bum/saddle interface - its the only time I have had bibs with a bad this far back - the best bit of the pad seems to sit behind me, rather than under me.

The Progetto is absolutely spot on so I dont know why they did this.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 667
    bendip said:
    Thanks for that! Snaffled a pair of the shorts. Was looking for some warmer bibshorts to go with leg warmers for the nippier autumn / spring rides; excellent timing!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,960
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    pblakeney said:
    ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!