Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    daniel_b said:

That's annoying about the Direto - it's not old is it?
    Is it basically junk now then?

It's an early v1 batch, received on the Saturday immediately before Xmas '17 and has been pretty hammered over the last ~4.5 years.

I put up with it being semi broken from around mid February, because like now, it still crudely works for races especially like the z5 sub 15min ones I often did since January.

At my previously normal cadence of ~90+, my easiest gear is ~220W on my z2/3 border and in some ways getting used to grinding close to ~60rpm to get ~150W has been an asset for tackling outdoor Strava segments.

Recovery z1 is not an option!

So I just kept an eye on prices, especially the H3 and the Neo 2T and slowly pounced on the Rutland deal, knowing I don't plan to turbo much at all until November.

Will let mate with dumb trainer see if the Direto tempts him to buy a smart turbo, might have a home for it longer term with family.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited June 2022
    Gore Wear C7 Race Shorts + in Small and Large at CRC, down from £250 to £105 - plus TCB cashback.

https://chainreactioncycles.com/gore-wear-c7-race-bib-shorts-/rp-prod182746

Reviews seem mostly good, I won't be partaking though.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • monda
    monda Posts: 32
    Defblade said:

Got a 50% off voucher for Huub from a Strava challenge... it works with their sale stock, too ;)
    I've got a pair of their Archimedes bibs coming for £56... worth a punt at that price :)

I've been thinking about trying these for a while, a short review would be much appreciated.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 142
    monda said:

Defblade said:

Got a 50% off voucher for Huub from a Strava challenge... it works with their sale stock, too ;)
    I've got a pair of their Archimedes bibs coming for £56... worth a punt at that price :)

I've been thinking about trying these for a while, a short review would be much appreciated.
    Your wish... nice material. A bit tight on my thighs - the gripper needs careful setting, but then stays put. The front of the bib sits much higher than others I've had - across the ribs a bit. It annoys me at the start of the ride but then I forget about it. Can still go for for a wee without stripping off ;) Shoulder straps are a little tight on me, but then I'm 6'4" with a long back. They are nice and wide and flat though, so again it's something that disappears as I ride. Pad is nice at the rear, but for me feels like it may be a little thin further forwards (I tend to sit a bit forwards on my bones) for longer rides - I've not worn these for more than an hour or so yet - they've been fine for that much.
    HTH :)
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    There are some Garmin deals in the Prime Day sales.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

There are some Garmin deals in the Prime Day sales.

Beat me to it. Just picked up an edge 530 for £159.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Oh and thank you @daniel_b for telling me to check prime sales. Wanted an 830 but no significant savings. 530 will do 😃
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 142
    Sigma has discount on Muc-off stuff currently :)
  • daniel_b
    seanoconn said:

Oh and thank you @daniel_b for telling me to check prime sales. Wanted an 830 but no significant savings. 530 will do 😃

Glad you bagged a decent priced 530 :)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    some great deals on Castelli Perffeto tops about, usual suspects, sportspursuits wiggle and merlin.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Refurbished Garmin Vector 3s half price at ProBikeKit.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    I’ve just saved £345 by not clicking through on yesterday, gone now.

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited August 2022
    Possibly one to tempt @ugo.santalucia

5 mediums left in stock for £2400 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-auro-crs-disc-time-trial-bike-ultegra-2021/rp-prod195725

I've never sat on a proper TT bike, but in recent year wondered if it would be worth trying before it's too late, but then I wonder if an adventure bike would be a lot more sensible (I half regret not grabbing a Boardman ADV9.0 when they first came out for ~£1600).

I'm a bit confused by the geo and size guide, I'm 178cm and use ~72cm BB to saddle top, my very upright Cube Attain Road bike is 388mm reach now with 110mm (-30 degrees but adjustable) Deda stem to put bar tops ~92mm off the ground! :D

Nice deep Reynolds wheels on that Vitus that could ge switched to a more practical road bike with thru axles, when not doing TTs.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    I'd be one of the very many posting a short 22 on a 10... just a lot poorer...
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    edited August 2022
    Castelli Gabba ROS short sleeve jersey at Sigma, in that glorious yellow, reduced from £190 to £69!
    https://sigmasports.com/item/Castelli/Gabba-RoS-Short-Sleeve-Jersey/NEG3?s=1

I have the perfetto lite ls in a couple of colours, and a jacket version of this, but I don't think I am hardcore enough to go for a ss version - I know plenty of people are though.

Currently in S, M, L & XL

The Alpha Ros 2 light jacket is also massively reduced in 2 colours, as is the Perfetto ros long sleeve jersey in the blackout finish, which I am trying to stop myself ordering.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    banditvic said:

some great deals on Castelli Perffeto tops about, usual suspects, sportspursuits wiggle and merlin.

Do I really need a 3rd Perfetto...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • daniel_b
    edited August 2022
    pinno said:

banditvic said:

Do you have a blackout one?
    Perfettos are also N+1.

I only have one perfetto long sleeve, so perhaps that means I can justify a 2nd one.

We'll gloss over the Go jacket, Raddoppia, and Alpha long sleeve jersey *whistles*
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    daniel_b said:

pinno said:

banditvic said:

Do you have a blackout one?
    Perfettos are also N+1.

I only have one perfetto long sleeve, so perhaps that means I can justify a 2nd one.

We'll gloss over the Go jacket, Raddoppia, and Alpha long sleeve jersey *whistles*
    Don't want black, I want to be seen.
    I love my Espresso.
    No, I don't have a long sleeve Perfetto.
    What I would like is another pair of Castelli bibs.

What is the difference between the Raddoppia and the Alpha?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    https://saddleback.co.uk/collections/summer-sale/filterbrand_sportful

Some belting deals on Sportful stuff here, especially on the bib shorts.
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mrb123 said:

So how does sportful compare to Castelli for quality and sizing? I've only recently become aware of the connection with the two and the deals look great on Sportful and I really like the Castelli gear.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

mrb123 said:

So how does sportful compare to Castelli for quality and sizing? I've only recently become aware of the connection with the two and the deals look great on Sportful and I really like the Castelli gear.
    Pretty similar on both counts I would say, though may be some variation depending on what you're looking at.

FWIW I take the same size in Sportful and Castelli for bib tights.

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Some great deals on Cannondale Topstone at Evans.

Maybe we are starting to see the tide turning on bike prices as a lot of Cannondale bikes are being reduced which I assume is due to a down turn in demand?
  • seanoconn
    bmxboy10 said:

Some great deals on Cannondale Topstone at Evans.

Maybe we are starting to see the tide turning on bike prices as a lot of Cannondale bikes are being reduced which I assume is due to a down turn in demand?

Good news. Could be perfect for the missus.
  • daniel_b

mrb123 said:

I haven't bought any of their shorts I have to admit, but I did try once upon a time to buy a couple of jerseys, and as a lot of people reported, the cut was REALLY odd.
    Designed for a body builder type - really broad chest, and then narrow waist.
    Needless to say I could not get one to fit.

That may have been an anomaly, and they may all now be fine.

I do have one of their winter jackets purchased last year, covered with pockets all over the front, and that fits well, and performs just as well as a Castelli alternative.

I do very much like the Castelli shorts, probably mostly due to the progetto x2 pad, but am not sure what Sportful use in theirs.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I have one Sportful top in a Large, as are most of my tops. Fits me really well and 'aero snug'. I don't have cyclist twig arms but neither am I a body builder, and slim waist is a matter of perspective (probably a real world 33").
    For comparison although I have a few Le Col tops that also fit well, I have one I had on yesterday that is too tight round the arms and a bit under the armpit too. Probably more suited to the, ahem, slimmer upper body. Might have to punt that one along because I've felt that every time I've worn it.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited August 2022
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited August 2022
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJWMTWSV2/jobsworth-pro-torque-wrench-set £16

PXBANK15 gets 15% off most of the site all weekend.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo