Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• these were £55 a year ago, I can vouch for them, awfully good and bright:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/LIS ... -light-set
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Rolf F wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Also +1 to using PayPal for dealextreme. Best purchase has been a cellphone jammer - had some fun with that geegaw,esp. in 'quiet' railway carriages.

I don't understand why such things aren't actually built in to so called quiet coaches. Mind you, they won't deal with the more serious problem of the crappy little iPODs. Surely, in a quiet coach, it is legal to carry a pair of scissors for the purpose of headphone cable snipping?

Cr@p earphones that leak yes, not the ones I have.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    dhope wrote:
    Got an email...

Order despatched!
    ari_smug.jpg
    Boom

BAM, ditto :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    dhope wrote:
    Got an email...

Order despatched!
    ari_smug.jpg
    Boom

Damn, I'm sure I ordered before you?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Mr Plum wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Got an email...

Order despatched!
    ari_smug.jpg
    Boom

I'm the one who told you about them!

Harumph! :evil:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Mr Plum
    bails87 wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Got an email...

Order despatched!
    ari_smug.jpg
    Boom

So you ordered first... how did you pay? PayPal?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    bails87 wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Got an email...

Order despatched!
    ari_smug.jpg
    Boom

Moral of the story - find a good deal, buy it, wait a day, post it?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bails87
    :lol:

I'm not really that upset. No, I ordered once someone had shared that discount code.

I thought £20 for one pair was good, and was going to wait til I got home, then the code went up that essentially made it 3 for the price of 2 so I ordered at lunchtime, apid by paypal, then got an email the next day (i think) saying I'd been refunded.
    MTB/CX

• dhope
    bails87 wrote:
    :lol:

I'm not really that upset. No, I ordered once someone had shared that discount code.

I thought £20 for one pair was good, and was going to wait til I got home, then the code went up that essentially made it 3 for the price of 2 so I ordered at lunchtime, apid by paypal, then got an email the next day (i think) saying I'd been refunded.

Ah good, I posted the code so at least I ordered first :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MonkeyMonster
    I ordered small though...
  • dhope

Really? Reorder them, they're back in stock :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • MonkeyMonster
    dhope wrote:

Really? Reorder them, they're back in stock :D

:) I can hope they arrive soon and I can then make a measure call on whether it would be good idea...
  • bails87
    The annoying thing is that I'm slim enough to wear small, but much too tall for them, if DHB bibs are anything to go by.

Wonder if I could buy my own mesh and extend the straps...... :lol:
    MTB/CX

• Mr Plum
    Preparing for winter already. These should be great for the commute - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bib-Thermal-C ... 6b1b664bf9

Thermal Roubaix bib tights for £13.99.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    Mr Sworld wrote:

Saw these jerseys, but wonder what quality they are like?

Also wonder if 100% merino is going to hold up after a few washes, filling the pockets and stretching them etc?

I've got Sportwool made jerseys but wonder about the practicalities of 100% merino?
  • Wiggle have 40% off Vittoria tyres at the moment, plus an extra 10% off wheels and tyres for today only if you use the code EXT10-WHE at the checkout. A spare Rubino Pro Tech on its way to me now for £17.

That's not bad at all.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Wiggle have 40% off Vittoria tyres at the moment, plus an extra 10% off wheels and tyres for today only if you use the code EXT10-WHE at the checkout. .

Just ordered some Scwalbe Marathon W****er tyres taking advantage of the discount and grabbing some before the world starts thinking they need some too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Wiggle have 40% off Vittoria tyres at the moment, plus an extra 10% off wheels and tyres for today only if you use the code EXT10-WHE at the checkout. .

Just ordered some Scwalbe Marathon W****er tyres taking advantage of the discount and grabbing some before the world starts thinking they need some too.

Bought mine on a sunny day in July. Same thinking. They were like hen's teeth last winter. Not put them on yet, they hang on the garage wall, in wait.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    the wiggle website is so slow!!!
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Painfully so - I've give up on using it
  • bails87
    Wiggle have 40% off Vittoria tyres at the moment, plus an extra 10% off wheels and tyres for today only if you use the code EXT10-WHE at the checkout. .

I read that as "wa*ker tyres" at first :lol:

I've got to say, I could definitely do with a CX bike for the winter :wink: the skinny wheeled Ribble might not hack it if it gets frosty, and I've got pretty much no choice with tyres.
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:

I read that as "wa*ker tyres" at first :lol:

I've got to say, I could definitely do with a CX bike for the winter :wink: the skinny wheeled Ribble might not hack it if it gets frosty, and I've got pretty much no choice with tyres.

Frosty and icy I still ride my road bikes. The Day One will have the Marathon Wankers put on for snow days.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    Choices choices...

There's;

Vittoria Rubino Clincher Tyre - £8.85
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre - £14.99
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Tech Folding Clincher Tyre - £18.90
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre (700x25c) - £19.74

Is anything wrong with the first ones? What better about the second ones except for weight? Or is it just weight. 305g vs 225g
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    not exactly cycling specific (in fact not cycling at all) but if you get lucky you might still be able to pick up an HP touchpad for £89.
  • Mr Plum
    spasypaddy wrote:
    not exactly cycling specific (in fact not cycling at all) but if you get lucky you might still be able to pick up an HP touchpad for £89.

I heard about this - where's selling them for £90? They're also getting rid of all their Pre 3 phones pretty cheap as well aren't they?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Mr Plum wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

I heard about this - where's selling them for £90? They're also getting rid of all their Pre 3 phones pretty cheap as well aren't they?
    most shops are completely sold out, im hopefully getting one from dabs. gotta just shop around and check the smaller retailers.
  • pangolin wrote:
    Choices choices...

There's;

Vittoria Rubino Clincher Tyre - £8.85
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre - £14.99
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Tech Folding Clincher Tyre - £18.90
    Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre (700x25c) - £19.74

Is anything wrong with the first ones? What better about the second ones except for weight? Or is it just weight. 305g vs 225g

Rubino regular have wire beads (heavier) and also have fewer TPI in the casing (more rolling resistance and less pliable)
    Rubino Pro have better rolling resistance and are lighter.
    Rubino Pro Tech have added protection for the sidewalls, so in theory are a bit tougher.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Mr Plum wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Apparently it's because HP will no longer be producing tablet PCs.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    spasypaddy wrote:

We're trying to get one on the staff discount scheme, but we've gone from having a glut to sold out in the space of 5 minutes. Should be more in the system soon. Not sure Play has discounted its stock yet, so they might be worth watching them...
    FCN 3 / 4